Chapter 5 : A Tight Squeeze – One big smile ,one small heart
198 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we saw that ,lose parts of the vent were flying towards us ,we immediately jumped out of the went to avoid them. When we landed ,we somehow managed to stay balanced in place.
It wouldn't be a problem if not the fact that the flying parts showed no signs of stop ,when coming out of the vent.

"We need to hurry up and get out of this place!"

While We was looking for possible ways out ,we felt a big tremor after which the whole room started to tilt even more. We slowly started to slide down because the room was too tilted.
The people that were on catwalk were now screaming even louder ,because parts of catwalk were slowly falling down. The Huggy Wuggy didn't even show any signs of slowing down ,in chasing after them.

When I was looking around ,I finally saw a way for us to escape from this place ,although I had no idea how could we help the people on the catwalk.
'Let's worry about them after we get to safer place' - Our best option now ,was to get to big metal door that was partially open.

As we both slide towards it ,we avoided a few random objects that were falling. When we finally reached inside the hallway behind the door ,we could finally stabilize ourselves .
While I was busy trying to find a way out of here ,Gala guy started to talk nonsense.

"Cough! We need to help them somehow ,if we don't they will die!"

"And how are you going to help them ? We don't have anything on ourself ,except the grab pack which isn't helpful in this situation at all . You can't even use it properly because of your broken arm ,yet you still want to help them!"

"...I have a way to save them ,I am not sure if it will work but it is worth trying ."

'How is he going to save them ? Not only is he sick ,he also is hurt ,so how does he want to solve this problem ?' - As I was wondering how could he even try to save them ,I saw him take out a yellow object ,which looks like a toy horn.
At that moment I had a bad premonition - 'He isn't going to do that ,please don't do that.' - Before I could stop him ,he put that toy to his mouth.

After he took out the toy horn ,he used it to make as much noise ,he also used the hand from grab hand to touch Huggy Wuggy. The Huggy Wuggy was on part of broken catwalk ,trying to reach the people that were on the other side.
The moment it heard the noise ,it turned around only to be hit in the face with a red hand. It stopped in place and turned its head to gaze in the direction of the retriting hand.

As I watched Gala guy do such a crazy thing ,I ran up to him and took his horn away .Because of pill up stres I couldn't remain calm.
"Are you crazy !? Do you want to kill us both !" - 'If that thing starts to chase us now ,we won't stand a chance against it.'

"I am doing what is right. You should never let innocent people die ,if you can save them." - He said that with a look of a heroic knight going to sacrifice himself for a country ,although his legs were shaking ,his resolve remained solid.
'Are we not innocent... Actually he is partially right but still ,I want to live.'

"No !We need to go now! If we wai-" - As I was saying that ,we heard a loud noise of something crashing. When we turned around we could see that part of the catwalk has fallen onto the room that was piercing the floor.
The next second ,we become horrified. Because we could that a tall figure was slowly standing up from the rubble. It gaze was locked onto us - 'In that moment I could only say one thing that fit the situation.'

"PANIC AND RUN!" - We started to run as fast as possible from it. The only good thing was that ,not only was it quiet far away from us but I also know the layout of this facility so
I won't stumble onto dead end ,unless some paths were cut off by fire ,then I am not sure if I can take us both alive out of here.
As we run thru the dark hallway without lights ,the Huggy Wuggy was slowly catching up to us. Suddenly we felt another tremor that was much larger than the last one.

After it the hallway started to slowly tilt - 'the whole hallway is slowly falling towards the room below!' .Before we started to fall down towards the place from which we came ,we entered the door that was on our left.
When we entered the room which should have been dark and empty ,we could see the light falling thru half of the room that was missing.
In its place was a side of sinkhole ,in which the rubble and items from upper rooms above us are falling towards the very deep hole ,from which the cloud of smoke is rising up.
When we started to look for a path to climb up the sinkhole ,the Huggy Wuggy somehow reached this room.

"We have to climb the sliding rubble and reach the surface now." - We immediately start to climb it ,our footing was unstable and the bricks and other stuff that was falling from above didn't help.
The only good thing was that the sinkhole wasn't very steep. It was more like a big whirlpool that was slowly consuming everything around us.

While we tried our best to climb fast ,the Huggy Wuggy is having much harder time climbing but it was still climbing faster than Gala guy .
That is why I tried to push a few broken pieces of floor at him but it didn't slow him at all.
"Wait for me! Cough!" - The Gala guy had to drop his grab pack long ago because it was too hard with it but he was still slow.

When I was wondering how to help him ,I noticed that we have a new problem. We were doing pretty good until the moment ,when the stuff that was on fire was slowly sliding down towards us.
I looked for a way out of this sinkhole ,because climbing it was becoming too impossible for Gala guy. In distance I saw that a broken vent ,in which we could travel and get from it to the roof.
As we slowly climbed towards it ,the Huggy Wuggy suddenly speeded up.

Just when we are about to reach the vent ,it grab Gala guy leg. He struggled to make its hand stop holding his leg ,Gala guy somehow managed to do it but it left a nasty wound on Gala guy leg.
After that I grabbed his hand and climbed with him inside the vent. The moment we climbed inside it the vent part that was sticking out broken and the entrance from which we came ,was blocked by rubble that was sliding down.

"Huff-Huff-We somehow managed to escape from him. Are you okay ?" - 'What am I even saying of course he is not okey. I can tell just by looking at his leg'

"Huff-Yes ,We should start moving now before something else happens. What even was that hole?"

"I also have no idea ...Let me help you walk." -'I have no idea how to help him with his leg ,let's just try stopping bleeding for now and let's start moving .
The only good thing ,if I am not mistaken is the fact that this vent should be one of escape routes that I designed ,before I relased this game.'

After a little rest we started to move forward thru the vents ,while I was leading the way. - 'Trying to reach the normal ending to reset this game is impossible now because of that hole and fire.
My only hope now is to find a way out of this game ,from the roof .'

As we slowly moved thru the vents ,we didn't noticed that something managed to escape the sinkhole and entered the vent system.


[ Melvin's POV ]

When the tremors stopped ,I spend some time on trying to understand where I was. After sometime I concluded that I am in dark room that had no doors or windows . It only has a vent ,from which I could smell smoke.
'Could it be that ,I am still inside that facility but why am I even in this room? After I opened that case I ,found myself in this room. I have no idea how I get here but I can accept it ,because I escaped from that monster.
Let's try to find a way out of this room and find ,what made that tremor .' - I easily entered inside the vent system ,because there was no cover that would block it.

The weird part about this vent system was ,it was clearly made so people could easily walk inside it or even run. As I traveled ,still without light I felt another tremor that was bigger than the last one.
After which appeared red lights inside the vent that illuminated the way. - 'I guess I will follow the light instead of going thru different vent path that are still dark. At least I won't get lost in here if I follow the lights.'

As I followed the red lights ,suddenly I heard a noise. I could hear that something is also moving inside them except me ,which is a bad news for me.
Although I remained silent ,something still is coming closer to me. The moment I was about to start running ,I felt another tremor after which the noise stopped for a moment and started to get away from me.
I was relieved for a moment but soon I started to wonder what was that tremor. - 'I better speed up ,I have no intentions of spending anymore time in this vent system.'

From time to time after that ,I could felt a bigger tremor than the last one and smell even more smoke. Just as I was getting worried about the smoke ,I could finally see the light outside the vent.
The moment I got to it ,I was stunned because in front of me was room ,which wasn't special in itself but with the fact that I could see the outside ,thru the windows .

Although it was dark outside ,I could still see thru the windows a gigantic wall . The wall was checkered ,it only has black squares with glowing green outlines.
The more I looked around ,thru the window the more I was shocked ,because there were the same looking wall on every side. - 'It looks like I am inside gigantic cube...'

After I organize my mind ,I also noticed that there was a big cloud of smoke coming from the middle of facility. Too bad that I couldn't see it clearly because there are no windows from that side.
I tried to break the glass but I still couldn't break it ,so I was left with looking for a different way in getting outside. - 'Maybe I can do something with the windows or maybe I should go back to the vent.'

As I was looking for a way to get outside I heard a noise. When I looked over the direction of the vent I could see that ,in its place was partially broken wall .
When I looked closer I could also see that the floor was slowly falling down. After I looked thru the cracks on the wall I saw that there is a massive sinkhole in the middle of the facility tearing everything down.

Now I could tell,from where does the tremors or even the smell of smoke came. The smoke is coming from inside the gigantic sinkhole.
The worst part about it was ,the fact that the sinkhole is growing bigger. - 'If I want to escape this facility ,I need to run around the edges of sinkhole
and find a path that would allow me to get out of this facility .
I guess finding a new path that was created by it is better idea because I don't know how longer can I hide here from that monster.'

So after I broke that wall ,I started to walk around the sinkhole edges ,making sure not to fall into it .While I was walking ,I heard a scream.
I wanted to turn around in its direction but my footing was too unstable so I had to focus back on finding the path ,out of this facility.
When I finally found a path that leads outside ,I went thru it. - 'Finally I can rest for a moment. What was that scream anyway ? Are there other people than me here ? What is happening ? Why are there so many questions unanswered ?'

Although I want to find the answers now ,I know that my priority is getting out of this place .After some time I finally got to parking lot and could see the gate ,I could see other people than me trying to open it.
Before I could shout to them ,they opened the gate and started to run towards the cyber wall. As I was getting closer to it I could hear someone shouting for help .

I really wanted to escape but I still needed to know what is happening because I am not sure ,if the people that took me will keep their end of the deal if I don't gather enough information about this game.
Even tough I can't ask the people that are escaping ,I could try to ask that person who is shouting. Of course if it look too dangerous then I will run away immediately.

That is why I started to run towards the person who was shouting for help ,hoping that nothing wrong will happen.


As I traveled with Gala thru the vents ,we felt another tremor. After which the path to the entrance was light up ,by red light. - 'It was small gimmick that I added to this game ,when something unexpected happens.
So people that don't know the way will easily escape by just following it.'
Few minutes later ,we found a ladder that went up to roof. When we finally exited the vent onto the roof of this facility ,we could see the whole facility from outside.

Not so far a way from a big chimney ,there was still growing sinkhole from which was coming tons of smoke. We could also see from this high red roof ,that most of the facility buildings already were gone.
Only few whole buildings were still standing ,while others were already sinking underground or were on fire. From this place we could also see the entrance gate ,near it we could see people.
They were trying to get out of the parking lot and get to the border of the map. - 'They are probably thinking that if you get out of bounds then you will be able to escape out of this game.
I am not even sure myself if they are correct ,even though I created this whole place.'

"Cough! We should find a way to get down and escape fast ,because soon the sinkhole will reach here."

"...I guess you are right." - 'I feel a bit conflicted because everything that I created is now falling apart .
Oh well I still have it saved ,so I guess it is still okay ,because if it is all really gone then I will have no more ways to earn money.
I also have no idea what to even think about this whole mess that I created. Should I even feel responsible for harm that I caused to everyone that are trapped in here.
Let's leave the depressing thoughts for later ,first we need to escape from this place ,then I can worry about other things.'

As I was slowly helping Gala guy to walk ,I suddenly heard a sound .When we heard the sound ,we already knew what is coming next.
Not so far away from us ,stood a tall figure with very long legs and arms. It had a blue fur and a big smile filled with razor sharp teeths.
It was looking in our direction ,after it exited the vent from which we came from.

'This is really bad ,not only we are on the roof ,the Gala guy is also too hurt to walk by himself. Even if I were to leave him behind ,it would still catch me.'
As I was wondering what to do ,I hear Gala guy whisper to me.

"Leave me behind ,as you can already see I am only a burden ,that will only slow you down. Even if we were to escape-"

"Never! Do you have any idea ,what the hell are you talking about!" - 'Does he want me to have nightmares because of him for eternity. Or does he want me to drown in guilt because of him.
Even though I know him less than an hour ,it doesn't mean that... wait actually I only know him for an hour ,strictly speaking I don't even know his real name ,nor does he know my.
Now here is the question ,am I helping him because sense of guilt ? If yes then I don't really have to care about the means to save him ,so what if he gets a little hurt. What doesn't kill him will make him stronger.
As long as he lives then everything is fine ,I don't really care about psychological trauma. Never mind I should actually stop thinking about weird things and think of a way to save him with me.
I should first calm him down and then come up with a plan.'

"Gala guy ,I want you to know that you never were a burden during this one hour. Not only were you a good companion ,you were also a good friend. I only want you to believe me now."

"Okey Nitro ,I belive in you." - '...What I thinking before ? Was it about making sure that he will be fine psychically and physically? I must have been mistaken.
If you at least remember my made up name then I would at least tryied to be more nice to you now. Well I guess ,one psychological trauma won't be much so here is one for you.'

"Goodbye Gala ,thank you for everything" - 'I hope that you find a good psychiatrist after it ,because you will really need one.'

"Wait what are you doing. WAIT-!!!" - While Huggy Wuggy was running towards us ,I pushed him down the roof onto the bushes while making sure to shout towards the Huggy Wuggy - "YOU WILL NEVER CATCH ME YOU UGLY MONSTER !"

While I was running from Huggy Wuggy and distracting him ,I could hear Gala guy shouting "NIRO!". - 'Well now that Gala guy will have nightmares because of me ,oh well. I now really need to find a way to escape from this monster.
Deep down I really hoped that it would chase after that Gala guy down from the roof but It didn't work. Since my first plan failed ,now I need to come up fast with a second one.'

As I ran thru the red roof ,while escaping from it ,I could see shadow overlooking me. I immediately rolled myself to the side ,after which I could see that monster in my last place ,already turning towards me.

I tried to throw a random brick that I found on the ground ,at him to slow him down but it didn't help at all. That is why I tried to run towards the vent and try losing him there but before I could get there I felt another tremor.
The Huggy Wuggy and me stopped for a moment to stabilize ourself ,as not to fall down. While It was happening I noticed that the whole building started to tilt.

It was slowly falling into sinkhole. As I was about to run towards the edge and off the roof ,I noticed the Huggy Wuggy was already in front of me. I had to slide down a bit ,so his hands wouldn't reach me.
Before I could try to do something else ,he immediately went after me making me get even father from the edge of the roof. We both were still on the roof of the building ,as it slowly started to slide down the sinkhole.


[ Galaga Guy's POV ]

When I and Nitro were on the roof and meet that monster ,I was ready to sacrifice myself. Not only I couldn't feel my leg ,but I also had no strength to even move my arms.
I knew that I was too much of a burden in such situation ,especially when we need to run as fast as possible. That is why I told him to leave me behind ,at least I could distract that monster for a bit.

But to my surprise ,he himself decided to distract that monster while making sure that I survive. I can still remember the moment when I was falling ,I could see at that moment ,the monster running towards him ,its eyes locked on him.
As I laid in the bushes ,I tried shouting to him a few more time but I felt too tired to even move my mouth.

I should have tried a bit harder ,so that he doesn't die. As a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent I can't let passerbys die in this ,whatever this thing is.
The more I tried to move my body ,the more tired I felt. -'Dam my head' - My head hurts ,even if I try to not think about anything at all.

When I was about to tried shouting again ,I could hear a sound of footsteps coming. My vision was too blurred to see clearly who it was but I knew at that moment that I need to ask him for help in saving that boy.
The moment the person came up to me ,he checked on me and said - "Huff-At least he is alive, let me help you fast .We need to move away from this place now."

I tried to ask him to save him but I only could say a one sylambe - "...Save" - Even though I wanted to say more ,I felt like I couldn't ,my body feels too heavy.

"Yes - I am saving you right now ,we need to move. Let me help you move because I can see that you have a pretty nasty wound .
Plus you look very sick. I really don't want to carry you...
Oh I finally got a message from them .Now they want me to carry you to the exit ,If they won't hold their end of the deal then I don't know what I will do.
They really think that I am some sort of machine ,that can deal with anything."

As I was being moved away from that bush ,I wanted to say more but I couldn't. I felt hopeless ,I felt even more hopeless when the building started to tilt and felt into the sinkhole.
There was nothing in its place ,only empty space. I tried to shout his name one more time but I suddenly felt like that my eyes are very heavy. I tried to resist the temptation to close them but I failed.
When I close them I immediately felt asleep. That was the last moment that I remembered before I woke back in reality.


 

On a roof of a building that was slowly sliding towards the bottom of sinkhole ,on it were standing two figures.
I which was one the them ,was facing the other one which was Huggy Wuggy. After running back and forth ,I still couldn't find his any potential weakness.
It only real weakness was lack of muscles in his hands and legs ,which didn't hinder him at all. Although it can walk without problems ,it will still has problems in climbing or even trying to stabilizing himself.

The moment when I wanted to make a distance from it ,The Huggy Wuggy ran in straight line to me. While I was dodging his hands ,I went under his legs and started to climb up the tilted roof.
It didn't even let me climb that high ,as he already recovered and was on my tail. As I tried to reach the edge ,I felt like he grab my shoe. I immediately took the shoe off ,leaving him behind with it.
Although he only glanced at the dropped shoe ,after which he immediately resumed the chase.

When he was about to reach me again ,one of the pieces of the building that were on fire fell down onto the roof. After which more such fragments started to fall down here.
While I had hard time dodging them ,The Huggy Wuggy didn't even care about them and went straight for me ,only to be hit with a big one which was a door.
At that moment I hoped that he won't stand up but with even bigger smile he stood up.

As I finally was near the edge ,I could hear a sound of something flying towards me so I crouched ,after which I saw fire flying over my head.
When I looked back ,I was surprised because The Huggy Wuggy was catching a falling stuff that was on fire ,into his mouth. After which he spat out them using his mouth in my direction.

I dodged the incoming fire and slides down to dodge his hand again. After which I was about to jump of the roof, only to stop myself because there was mass of stuff on fire there.
The Huggy Wuggy didn't even give me time to think before he throwed another fire at me ,which forced me to slide even closer to the edge ,which was slowly coming closer to the massive hole.

As I tried to look for something ,although I could only see cloud of smoke around me ,I still could dodge incoming fire. The Huggy Wuggy not waiting for me ,spat out the next voley of fire.
The more time passed ,the more I started to become tired and my body was starting to be filled with burns and bruises.
When I was dodging his fire ,I felt another tremor ,because of it I tripped and fell down ,stopping on the edge before I could fall from the roof.

When The Huggy Wuggy saw that ,it ran straight for me but before he could reach me ,a massive chimney felt down onto the roof of the building ,on which we were.
The huge cloud of smoke and dust ubstruced my vision ,after which it followed with sounds of explosion.

As I tried to find what happened ,I could see that most of the roof was gone .Only the part that I was ,remained partly untouched.
The moment when I was about to relax and lay down ,I heard a sound. When I looked over there I could see that Huggy Wuggy came out form a door that felt down onto this roof before.
That door wasn't even connected to anything ,it was just laying there. There was only roof under it but it still came thru it somehow.

When I made eye contact with it ,I could tell that there is no longer any point in running away now. As it ran towards me ,with even bigger smile - 'probably because I sat there without moving' - I waited for the end to come.
As it reached its hand towards me ,I finally saw the end behind it.
Suddenly I felt like I was floating in the air ,the same was with Huggy Wuggy. - 'It is probably confused about this situation but it is already too late we are already falling down the hole towards our demise.'

It still tried to grab me but he could not reach me ,not matter how it much moved ,it wasn't getting closer to me.
I closed my eyes ,knowing that I won this fight - 'I escaped from him and by that I mean ,I will count this as a win for me...'

'After few second ,no longer could I see him because of the cloud of smoke but still I know that he is somewhere there falling with me. Even if it were to somehow escape ,I doubt it will survive any longer.'

"...I really wanted to live but I guess this is karma. I knew what is coming yet I still somehow failed. I should have prepared a bit more thoroughly but how could I even know that this will happen like this.
I hope that no one died because of me and this stupid game ,next time I wil-"

Suddenly everything turned black for me ,there was no sound ,no smell ,no touch. Nothing only darkness and emptiness...

And that music... Music..
When I opened my eyes I saw message that said 'You Died' - Do you want to restart or quit.
After reading it ,my brain froze - Few second later after I clicked quit ,I was back to main menu.
At that moment my brain stopped working - Few minutes later after I clicked quit ,I was back to reality.

"..."

Only after few hours finally I woke up from this trance. But I knew at that moment that nothing will be the same .

Spoiler

:P

[collapse]
8