Ch2 – Death and Rebirth
220 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The others introduced themselves one after the other. Soon another door opened and Gundham and Kazuichi got out.

“Hmm, I presumed the fiery pits of hell would sting and stab my immortal soul in hell. But the only hell I felt was waking up smelling your stink, soda!” grunted Gundham with disappointment. 

“Oh shut the hell up! I smell better than the drench of animal waste on your clothes.” complained Kazuichi.    
 
Another door opened and Makoto and Kyoko got out.

“W-what, Celestia? Hifumi? I thought you guys had died!” yelled Makoto at the top of his voice.

“Mr.Makoto, I’m so glad to see you! After that extreme pain, I was sure I was a goner, WAAHH!” said Hifumi as he rushed to Makoto, gave him a bearhug and placed Makoto’s face into his musky chin.

“Hifumi, stop! I can’t b-breathe.”

“Is this some sort of a prank? Are you people Junko’s followers? Why are we back at hope’s peak academy?” asked Kyoko with frustration in her voice.

“We’re at Hope’s peak academy?” asked Shuichi.

“Yes, It seems Monokuma has gathered more playmates for his little killing game” said Celestia with a doll like smile.

Shuichi listened closely to their banters and pondered.

Right, these people were subjected to the killing game orchestrated by Junko Enoshima in Hope’s peak academy. And the two over there are from the Jabberwock Island killing game if I remember correctly. Most of them should be dead, but they are alive. And so is Kaede, Kokichi, Miu. Why? The obvious link is the Necronomicon Monokuma mentioned during our killing game. We thought it was impossible to revive the dead at that time. But during the final class trial, Tsumugi revealed the truth about the flashback lights and the game itself. Memories can be erased and implemented. With this, changing an already existing person’s memory and personality becomes quite easy. However, these people here look exactly like the participants in the killing games, some of which were the friends I knew. It may be just a theory, but it’s possible that these bodies were created through other means.

Just then a door at the rear opened and a blonde girl with a tidy dress came out.  

“Miss Sonia!” yelled Kazuichi.

He sat on his knee and stretched his arms to his sides, Sonia happily ran towards him.

“GUNDHAM!”

She went past him, jumped and hugged Gundham, placing her arms tight around his neck.

“It is a tremendous joy to be seeing your lovely presence, my dark queen” said Gundham as he peered into Sonia’s loving eyes filled with tears.

“Ugh, damn it. Why…Never thought I would be saying this, but I hate reincarnation as a religious system. Hell and Heaven all the way” mumbled Kazuichi.

“Come on Kaz, it’s rude of you to say that. A miracle has happened. Even tho we didn’t agree to Junko’s terms, Gundham is still alive. Maybe we got a little lucky, but we made the right decision” said Hajime proudly.

“Yeah, sure. Let’s just hope the non douche bags also revived too, otherwise I will end up become hardcore atheist” grumbled Kazuichi while crouching. 

“Wait, you were a theist? But you’re a mechanic” gasped Hajime.

“Way to stereotype all mechanics, Hajime” said Kazuichi as he got up and cleaned his trousers.

“Let’s check all the dorm rooms and wake up whoever is inside it.” said Kyoko boldly.

At her commands everyone split up and entered a room. Kaede and Shuichi entered a room. It was identical to the one they had woken up. But on the bed were Kaito and Maki. They both seem to be sleeping. 

Shuichi’s jaws dropped. The hair the clothes, the body figure. 

“Kaito, is that really…” Shuichi mumbled.  

He almost teared up but he shook his head and walked towards the two on the bed.        

“Kaito, wake up!” said Shuichi while shaking him. 

“Mmmrmm, mom it’s Saturday.”

But before he was up, Maki opened her eyes and yelled.

“AHH, a zombie!”

She pushed him with such strength that Kaito ended up pushing Shuichi to the ground and landed on his knees himself.

“Oh, damn, my head. What the fu- Oh hey, Shuichi“

Kaito looked at Shuichi with confusion and it was doubled when Shuichi hugged him tight.

“W-whoa, it’s okay man. Somehow I’m still standing. I dunno why.” said Kaito with a smirk.        

“K-kaito?” mumbled Maki. 

Shuichi finally let go of Kaito, allowing him to turn around to make eye contact with Maki. Tears fell down from her ruby like eyes. And she wrapped her hands around his neck and started crying while desperately trying to cling to him for his warmth.

“H-hey, am I dreaming or…well, even if I’m dreaming, I don’t care. It’s a nice dream. Glad to be with you, Makiroll.”

“Umm, when did you two become this close?” said Kaede.

Kaito’s eyes became large at the sound of her voice. He looked up at her in shock.

“K-Kaede? How is this…possible?”

“Hey! Why are you looking at her like that?” grunted Maki.

“I- uhh, what look, wait…wait” said Kaito, his voice becoming hollow with every word.

“Wait, OH SHIT” yelled Kaito.

He sprang up while holding Maki in his arms. Maki was still dangling from his neck with her arms but she stood on the ground with her feet. 

“I really am DEAD! Damn it Maki Roll! I told you to live and you ended up dying on me? I mean, we’re probably in space heaven and all but you could have at least lived a little before you got here.”

“Y-you idiot. Why are you saying something so stupid when I was so…happy. Idiot!” said Maki but she let out a few giggles afterwards.           
               
“Okay, but seriously how the hell are you alive Kae- no, nononono” said Kaito, his words became faint with every word. 

Kaito yelled out loud and jumped up. Maki was quick to catch him into her arms.

“Are you a g-g-g-ghost? AM I A GHOST?”

Maki sighed and let go of her hands and Kaito fell on his ass on the floor.

2