Chapter 0 – Prologue
22 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 0– Prologue

The boy went out tonight for fresh air. Her mother didn’t know that though. He felt she was too controlling. All she did was nag every day.

His face lit up the moment he started pedaling on his back. The air coursing through his skin seemed delightful.

He glanced at the expansive galaxy above him. Stars shone like Christmas lights.

The ceiling of his room became a prison to him every time he thinks about it. Surreal, as if he was following some sort of choreographed movements at home. It was only the liberating feeling of being outside that was the reality for him.

Finally, he thought aloud. He escaped the chains of his home.

Staring in front, he saw a huge sign, and right before it was a downward slope. The sign said to slow down. The boy grinned, however.

Wohooooo!

He roared in happiness. His bike became as weightless as cotton and the pedals wheeled like a wild horse. This didn’t concern him as he trusted his skills. He’d done this many times already. There was no way he would fail, he thought.

Then, his breath quickened. The final hurdle. The land became slightly sloped upward, and it was the most thrilling section of this road. He and his friends practiced there until they collapsed in exhaustion.

But tonight, seemed different. His speed appeared faster. The fingers remained tight-knitted on the handles. And uncharacteristic confidence sprung inside him. As if he would do something impossible tonight!

He was in a zone!

Bang.

The last thing he saw was darkness engulfing the night sky. Then, with a thud, his body fell to the ground.

Lifeless.

3