000 – Prologue
44 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

HeINzBEaNz34, a player at the very top of the middle ranks of overall players stood over some bloodied corpses. All around, all he could see was smoke and fire and the darkness of the night sky. The surrounding area was littered with the bodies of multiple NPCs he had just fought.

From a first glance, it would appear to be an unimpressive feat, slaying a mere 100 NPCs by himself. However, that wasn’t the case here. These NPCs weren’t normal. There was a notice about this new map being a sort of Starting Town for new players. In light of that revelation, HeINzBEaNz34 gathered some of his trusted guild mates and came over in order to come “help” out new players.

Of course, their true agenda was to scout out potential guildmates and acquire the equipment of the newbies to exchange for other items or gold.

When he reached there, instead of a village, what he and his guildmates saw was a fortress. The NPCs didn’t wear any high-level gear, but their stats alone were more than enough to rival level 70s. That was very absurd for NPCs, let alone NPCs in starter villages without any sort of good gear.

There was a tax system in place that required the players to pay a toll of 1 gold coin for entering or leaving the village. Beast Monk, as he was known as, ignored this toll and opted to fight the guards surrounding the village. Of course, they were no problem for a level 210 like himself, but the lord of the village presented himself to them.

With his Karma rating, he had expected the Village leader to be sacred of him, yet the village leader was completely unfazed. Instead, he had been given a strict warning with a single free pass.

Somehow, the behaviour of his mates had ended them up in this situation. He still couldn’t understand how it happened so quickly.

“Kuoh!”

A yelp came from one of his teammates. A swordswoman stood behind his fading body, her sword glowing faintly.

[Party member ToxicWAP has been killed]

‘A skill? How does an NPC have a skill that can kill a mid-ranker?’

His mind wondered about the possibilities. That was his last standing guild mate, leaving him alone on the field.

“I told you, didn’t I? You would regret ever laying your filthy hands on me.”

The cold voice entered his eardrums. He looked at the source, and there, standing clothed in simple robes was a young man. With dusty brown hair, deep black eyes and a piercing gaze, he looked no different from your regular NPC. He was the Village leader, an NPC. This was one of the reasons HeINzBEaNz34 never took him seriously when they first met.

“Who are you?”

“Me? Did I not already reveal that to you?”

The character finally spoke after observing quietly for a long time. Rage welled up at the comment from Luck. HeINzBEaNz34 gripped the handle on his halberd and charged in at him with a large roar.

[You have used [Battle Cry of Beasts]]

[Your stats have received a 30% boost]

[[Battle Cry of Beasts] has applied paralysis and fear]

The Beast Monk sprinted across the field with a yellow aura covering his body. A dangerous glint appeared in his eyes as he darted towards the man, who still had his hands behind his back.

“If you wish to die, I implore you to take another step.”

[Restraint has been applied]

[You cannot move for 2 seconds]

‘What?!’

HeINzBEaNz34 felt alarmed after receiving the notification. His body was immediately frozen in its place. This was a first of him, as he had managed to completely overwhelm most of his opponents.

[[Battle Cry of Beasts] has been deactivated]

[Your stats have been returned to normal]

He fell on his knees, panting heavily. He hadn’t expected so much trouble from a mere beginner town.

“W-What are you?”

“You seriously didn’t take care to memorise my name? Fine. My name is Luck. Let it seep deep into that peanut sized mush of flesh you have for a brain.”

SHIIING!

The sound of sword being drawn from its sheath resounded in his ears. His eyes managed to catch the movement of the white blade coming for his neck.

 

 

<A/N: New idea I just thought up, please do help it grow ~(^~^)~ >

4