Chapter 2
20 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The whole world started calling the people who accepted the call, Hunters.

With all the things that happened, some of the questions were answered thanks to the representatives that each country sent to talk to the guardians. They found out that demons and other creatures started invading other worlds and the tower is a training area for the heroes who are willing to fight for our survival.

The tower has exactly 100 floors. And although there is a tower in each country, once inside they will find out that they are in the same dimension. Each country has its own starting point. This is designed so that everyone won't feel lost as soon as they enter the tower.

Safe areas are also available inside and hunters then can build a camp and community. The guardian also said that people inside won't die for real as the world inside was just an illusion made with divine power. In case they die inside the tower, they will be teleported back to the real world. Once they die, they can't go back inside the tower anymore and will just wait until they are summoned to Mavis.

The first few people who accepted the call also figured out that they can go in and out of the tower as long as they can get a return crystal from killing monsters which is pretty common. But you lose all the items you have whenever you go back to the outside world since it's only made of illusion to trigger the hunter's growth.

People started to accept the reality and the rate of people accepting the call is increasing every day, either because of their heroic spirit or greed, there are also a lot of people who decided to choose [No] as they prioritize their own safety. Once they accept, they will be immediately teleported in front of the tower. The guardians then check their potential before entering, potential is divided into 7 ranks: S, A, B, C, D, E, and F. Your starting rank affects your growth in all aspects. The guardian warned them that they will be summoned to Mavis after 2 years of training in the tower but knowing that there's a way to go back to Earth boosted their confidence.

More information about the tower poured out to the public after the 1st few hunters returned back to the real world. Ram said that every floor is so big that he can't imagine how powerful the gods who created it. Every floor has its own unique monsters that mirror the creatures in Mavis World and Demon Army. You can choose your expertise by training with the weapon you want to focus on or use all the weapons you like. He said that it is optimal that you only choose one weapon for faster growth, he was boasting about having a rank B potential which is rare as per the guardian, and he choose daggers and bow as his expertise.

Aside from character growth, there's a variety of mysterious ores, herbs, and plants that are available. These magical things have their own uses and some rarer ones can exponentially increase the growth of a hunter. But the rarer ones are not available on the tower for some reason, which means that there are more magical herbs and plants we can find in Mavis than in the tower.

**************************************

1 year has passed since the crack and tower phenomenon

Another problem hits Earth because of the war.

Small dimensional cracks appeared in some parts of the world. This was caused by the power of the Demon Lord Sefir and Goddess Eura clashing. The divine power of the 2 high gods clashes as the Goddess Eura tried to block the power that Sefir sent to Mavis, the remnants of the dark energy then created these cracks. These cracks were like a dungeon that has monsters inside and if the monsters inside were not killed and kept spawning then it could lead to monsters breaking out of the crack.

Fortunately, while the dark energy creates cracks, the remnants of the divine energy from the Goddess gave an opportunity to the people of Earth. Mana started pouring out from the big crack in the sky, Mana then started taking root on Earth, and people who decided not to participate in the tower started gaining access to aura and some rare individuals learned magic with the help of the people that came from the tower.

Albeit weak compared to the tower and Mavis, the Mana on Earth will just grow stronger as time passed, and as per one of the guardians said it could go as strong as the Mana in Mavis after a few millennia. Because of these, Guilds backed by big companies started forming and each government asked for volunteers in their military in the name of justice and saving the world.But each one of them has its own agenda and smart people can immediately feel it.

***************************************

2 years have passed since the crack and tower phenomenon

Caesar was standing in front of the tower to start his tower adventure.

"Why after 2 years you asked?" he said to the other guy.

It's a long story but to make it short, after his brother Ram went to the tower. Caesar and Sunny went to their parent's house to let them know what happened. Their parent naturally was full of worry, especially their mother but their father was really interested in the tower and the power behind it.

Their father was a businessman and is in the mining industry so after the news that ores, herbs, and other magical things are available in Mavis. He decided to form his own squad of trusted people including their mother and decided to accept the call after 2 months of preparation.

"hahaha. Caesar, you know this too. If Mavis loses the war it'll also be the end of Earth." His father said when Caesar tried to talk them out. But he knows that his father is just making excuses to justify his greed.

His sister Sunny joined their parents after settling down the company and leaving it to a trusted subordinate. They wanted Caesar to handle the company but he strongly refused. Even before the phenomenon, Caesar doesn't have the interest to join the family company because he is sick of his father and sister nagging him.

It was going smoothly at first. His parents and Sunny goes back to the real world every 2 months while Ram started spending more time inside. He also heard that Ram decided to explore the tower by himself. As the family accumulated knowledge inside the tower and Mavis. They also started preparing slowly to be summoned to Mavis.

But a problem occurred when people started getting summoned to Mavis. The hunters will be summoned to Mavis whether they like it or not, that's the duty they needed to accept before being a hunter. Ram was one of the first to get summoned as expected and he visited Caesar days before going to Mavis. They get summoned in batches and are given time to spend with their family.

But when it's time for their parents and sister to get summoned, their father was still missing.

Their father together with some of his subordinates went to attack an unexplored dungeon on the 68th floor a month before the summon schedule. The raid progressed smoothly until they killed the boss. According to his subordinates, their father got sucked in by a black hole after they killed the dungeon boss, they also tried to enter it but keep on getting rejected and pushed out.

His sister and mother who are staying on the 60th floor to study the ores and herbs they hoarded sent all the manpower they have to stay and protect the portal. Sunny who was leading the men tried different ways to enter the black hole but she can't find a solution.

Unfortunately, their efforts are wasted. Their squad got ejected from the tower by force after a month as they need to prepare to get summoned to Mavis. They asked the guardian about the situation afterward but the guardian cant give them a proper answer.

And that's why Caesar is now tasked to look for their father.

'Father what the hell are you doing.' He thought as he looks at the tower in front of him.

***************************************

After accepting the call, people gets teleported in front of the tower. They then need to wait for the guardian to show up and check their potential.
Caesar had to wait for 6 hours in one corner until the guardian showed up. A total of 17 people were in line right now all from the Philippines.

"Your turn." called the guardian. The person in front of Caesar walks toward the guardian.

The guardian then had his right hand glowing and placed it in that person's heart. An aura-like white light then started showing on the person's body and after a few seconds the guardian retracted his hands, and the aura surrounding the person vanished.

"What do you think would be his rank? " asked the guy behind him.

'This guy is talkative.' He thought.

Luigi was one of the first to arrive before Caesar. The guy then started getting friendly to Caesar probably out of boredom and was also the person he was talking with earlier. The person in front and the guardian talked for a while till the guardian called for Caesar.

'He really looks like the archangel we saw in movies and animes'. Caesar has a basic understanding of how the power in the tower works because of his family.

'Just how powerful these guys are I wonder.' Caesar thought as he walked toward the guardian.

Like what happened earlier the guardian's right hand glowed and then touched his heart, an aura-like light then started engulfing his body.It started as a normal glow like the person that went ahead before him but the color changes from white to blue to black, and whenever it changes to blue, the aura gets bigger.

The guardian retracted its hand after a while and looked at him straight into his eyes. Caesar felt a bit bothered by that kind of look as he can't see the face of the guardian under the helmet.

"Interesting," Guardian said.

"Care to explain why?" Caesar asked. He somewhat understands what's happening especially the blue aura.

"Based on your world's system you should be at C rank hunter."

"The white aura signifies your current physical attribute, it is at D rank based on your system so you should work hard to strengthen your body." Guardian continues.

"You also have mana attribute in your body that's why you have a blue aura earlier and at B rank, It looks like you already know about your Mana."

'hoo.. nice! just like my sister who started as B rank mage.' Caesar was already celebrating in his mind because his sister gave him a book with all her knowledge inside the tower.

Caesar was also one of the few people from outside who learned magic when Mana started pouring in from the crack in the sky.

"But the black aura. You need to be careful, It could be demonic arts or blood arts." The guardian was still staring at him.

"Demonic arts tend to bring its user to insanity. Some demonic practitioners can also be influenced by the Demon Lord."

"As a guardian, I advised you to not touch anything related to the demons because in the worst case, we might need to use our blade against you."

Caesar felt like someone poured a bucket of cold water on his body after hearing the guardian's word.

"Don't worry, as long as you don't cultivate it then nothing bad will happen. You have the talent to be a Magus with a strong mana heart." The guardian puts his right hand on his shoulder and taps it a few times as if counseling him.

'Alright, alright, let's make sure we don't touch anything related to demons.' He thought as he started getting cold sweat on his back.

The guardian provided more information about the tower as they talked but most of them he already knows because of his family.

**************************************

Shiiwww!*
teleport sound

The 17 people outside the tower earlier were teleported inside the 1st floor of the tower.

Caesar looked left and right and confirmed the information that his family provided.

'The location is accurate as per the book that my sister gave me.' They got teleported to the starting location for their country.

Ting!
A box-like screen popped up in front of everyone.

The status info, because Earth was a world that was different from other worlds that have innate magical properties, the gods tried to make it simple for the people of Earth.

Name: Caesar Chavez
Alias: None
Age: 21

Expertise:
None

Skills:
None

Talent:
Mana B+
Aura D-
Darkness F

 

2