Chapter 4
15 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a mountainous area on the 1st floor of the tower.

A figure can be seen roaming the area near the top of the highest mountain.

"hmmm.. I can see the peak from here but where is it?" Caesar said.

He was looking for the cave near the peak that Ram had told him to look for but it's been 2 hours since he started searching.

'Nah, Ram won't trick me right? I'm going to beat the sh*t out of him if that's the case.' He thought.

He decided to take a rest after roaming and trekking some rocky areas then used breathing technique to restore his strength when.

"Ohh.. so you need to feel the mana. I think I'm close then." He rejoiced.

Caesar focused while trying to feel the mana using the breathing technique, then he walks slowly to where he can feel the mana is thicker, and a few minutes later he found the cave entrance.

"Wow, so this is what mana vein is huh. I can feel the mana here even without using a breathing technique, It's like swimming in a river of monster crystals." Caesar was amazed.

A mana vein, a miraculous area that any hunter from Earth or race from other worlds would fight and die for. Just like monster crystals, hunters can consume the mana that the vein gathered by just meditating near it.

However, mana veins also have their limit and the mana you can consume depends on the size of the vein.

'Well, Ram said it should be a small one and he doesn't have time to meditate here for a long time since he needs to attack the 90th-floor boss with his monstrous friend.'

Caesar walked slowly to the cave to make sure it was safe and no monster inside. After making sure that all is good, he sat in the middle of the cave and closed his eyes while smiling.

"I only wanted to increase my aura to C rank like our sister but, good brother I need to thank him when I see him again."

On the way here, Caesar was debating to himself if he should use the vein to increase his mana or aura. It was strongly advised that hunters should only focus on their strong points because they might waste precious time and resources in exchange for something that won't make them stronger.

Ram for example has focused on his aura but he also tried to use crystals to unlock his mana talent when he entered the tower and was successful in creating a mana heart.

However, just like the other hunters, the mana rank will start at rank F if you didn't have an innate talent for magic.

He was ecstatic at first after unlocking it but soon realized that he was wasting his resources.

Basic magic can only be used at rank C- and above. It means that if he wanted to use even the weakest of magic then he would waste a huge amount of time and resources.

This also applies to the hunters who have talent in magic and has low aura rank, their mana rank would stagnate if they tried to focus on their aura.

Furthermore, the higher your rank the harder it is to grow. Ram was Rank B when he entered the tower and was only rank A+ after 2 years of using resources and training, he was considered a genius in our country with that growth rate.

Ram also has their family to support him whenever he asked something so it will definitely be harder for the people who have lower talent and lacks support.

"Well, unless they are like those monsters who have everything. Talent, money, and power." He said.

Caesar was talking about the 7 people that the world recognized as the best of the best.

The Earth's 7 legendary rank S hunters. They don't lack anything, they are backed by huge corporations and have a wealthy family to boot, even their government is scared of them because the difference between a rank A and rank S are worlds apart.

"And if they also have a brother that would help them find a mana vein like this. hahahaha!" Caesar laughed as he felt like he was cheating right now.

'I wonder how really strong those 7 really are.' He thought while smiling.

"Alright, let's start."

A few seconds later the thick mana circulating the area started moving and Caesar started consuming it using his breathing technique.

Someday in the future, Ram would have mixed emotions for not taking this mana vein for himself.

***************************************

"Luigi, this is really strange we haven't encountered any monsters for an hour now." Said someone who was walking beside Luigi.

3 months since Luigi entered the tower, he including 13 people was currently moving toward the 30th-floor boss to attack it.

"Halt."

"Scouts, check the area first and the path ahead, report anything you find suspicious." Luigi continued.

As the current squad leader of his group, he needed to make sure that they don't fall into any traps or get caught by monsters roaming in packs.

A few minutes later, one of the scouts went back to give their report.

"Squad leader, we found a mage luring the monsters in the area." said the scout.

"What? Is he setting a trap for us? pretty gutsy huh." the vice-squad leader said.

No, he was killing the monsters with intermediate magics. We tried to follow him silently but for some reason, he found us right away. He also said that he won't cause any trouble if we don't bother him." the scout continues.

"hmmm.. A mage strong enough to lure monsters near the boss location and even detect scouts at rank C eh?" Luigi was now curious.

"Lead the way, I want to meet him. He might even help us kill the boss if we are lucky." Luigi said to the scout.

Intermediate magic can only be learned by mages that are at least rank B so if he can get a helper to kill the floor boss then it would be better and he might even be lucky enough to recruit him if it's a solo hunter.

The scout guided him but since the mage is luring and changing locations they had to search for him again.

"Found him, he should be.." but before the scout can finish his words.

"Why are you guys following me?" Someone walked out from trees nearby.

This took the scout and the people with Luigi by surprise, so they immediately went into a defensive stance unconsciously.

Caesar walks out holding a spear in his right hand while his left hand was shining, ready to cast a spell.

"brother Caesar? lower down your weapons!" Luigi recognized him right away and commanded his subordinates.

"eh? Why are you here and who are these people?" Caesar didn't let go of his guard.

Caesar also recognized Luigi right away but since he brought some people to track him Caesar wasn't going to be a pushover.

'I remember him as a decent guy.' Caesar thought.

"There's a misunderstanding here brother let me explain. Guys back off." Luigi sent his subordinates away.

Luigi then walks toward Caesar while both of his hands was up in the air.

"It's been a while," he said smiling then sat on a rock near Caesar.

Luigi explained the situation to Caesar, from their plan to attack the floor boss to when they noticed that the monsters start getting fewer.

"I see, but I think your squad would be enough to beat the boss. " Caesar said.

He can see that the group has 2 mages and 4 archers while the rest are melee fighters.

"Brother I'm pretty confident with our squad but having a strong mage with us makes it easier right? can't you help your brother this time? "

"Sigh. Brother my *ss. " Caesar rebutted.

He still agreed to help them in the end, as Luigi didn't stop talking about helping a brother in need and countrymen.

'I guess this is also fine, since he knows that I'm a mage then I'll just use my new spells and see what I can improve. I was planning to attack the boss tomorrow anyway.'

***************************************

"That's the boss right there." pointed the scout.

The group reached the boss's location after an hour of journey. They are now at a hill nearby to have a proper view of the boss that looks like a Yeti and bear combined.

"The area is pretty good, archers and mages can take advantage of the nearby hills. " Luigi said.

The squad was now planning their strategy, while Caesar was just listening so he can also learn a few things about how a group works.

"Take your positions, the melee fighters will engage first to make sure that the boss will focus on us. Give your best shots once I send the signal." Luigi commanded.

"Yes sir! " the group agreed.

Everyone walked silently to their designated location as they needed to make sure that they won't aggro the boss mistakenly.

Luigi checked the archers and mages first before his group of melee fighters started walking toward the boss.

'Luigi was a rank C aura user when we entered the tower. Let's see how much he improved.' Caesar thought.

The boss noticed the melee fighters approaching and growled at them as a warning. Luigi then took out the shield on his back and an aura started coating the shield while the vice-squad leader also coated his broadsword with aura.

'Hoo.. they are at least rank B now since they can coat their weapons using aura.'

"Now!"

The vice-squad leader made the initial strike by swinging his broadsword, the boss then used its large arm to block and only a small scratch can be seen.

He immediately backed off as if his purpose was done but the boss tried to hit him with a huge punch.

Duuggg!

A huge sound can be heard and Luigi staggered a bit because of the impact, he was already at the front of the vice-squad leader before the attack hits.

The other melee fighters used this chance to attack to the side and back of the boss, while 2 guys maintaining their distance were throwing daggers at it.

The boss swung its arms everywhere while Luigi was commanding everyone on what to do.

Some will back off while others strike at the back and sides.

Luigi then catches the strikes with his shield whenever a member was a bit late or the boss changes aggro.

***************************************

The battle continues for a few minutes now.

Boss monsters in the tower have abilities like magic or body strengthening, and the boss they are facing right now has both.

After accumulating wounds around its body, it got enraged and its body started turning color red, a sign of strengthening ability that will increase all its physical attributes.

Raaaawrrr!!!

"Archers! mages! now!" Shouted Luigi.

Arrows and spells rain down on the boss.

Though it was successful in its strengthening ability, it will only focus on the enemies nearby after getting enraged.

'Seems pretty easy so far. They are very good as a team and I like this kind of role.' Caesar thought.

Caesar felt that it was not bad being a mage on the backline. He felt pretty safe in his position and was just sending spells on the enemy.

'The only downside is my mana reserves. I need to learn how to control and lower the firepower of my spells.'

Mages use their mana reserves to cast their spells and as your mana rank improves, your mana reserves also improve. However, the more powerful your spell is, the more mana is used.

Raaaawrrr!!!

Just when everything was going smoothly.

"Everyone dodge!" Luigi shouted.

But it was already too late for the 2 melee fighters nearby. The boss cast its area of effect spell Freezing a high-tier spell that freezes anything it hits in a designated area after 10 seconds.Their feet started getting frozen and if the spell was not broken in 10 seconds, they will die.

"D*mn it! Eric, I will get the aggro and try to break the spell, you go rescue them. " Luigi said to the vice-squad leader.

The boss was about to punch the 2 freezing guys to deal the finishing blow but Luigi made it in time by throwing his sword coated with aura on the back of the boss.

The sword pierced the wounded part of its back and Luigi got the aggro once again. The enraged boss focused on Luigi and then cast another Freezing spell.

"oh god, 2 spells in a row?" The vice-squad leader said.

The whole melee squad despaired on what was happening. Tower bosses don't usually cast spells consecutively as they get distracted easily by changing aggro. So experiencing this situation right now caught them off guard.

"Everyone! Run!" Shouted Luigi as his body started to freeze.

He held his shield tightly as he plans to block some blows to give time for his squad to flee.

"Squad leader!" shouted someone.

"Don't mind me! We will take more losses if the whole squad gets wiped. This is an order!" Luigi rebutted.

'Commendable, he's really good at leading his men. Well, my mana is used up and I'm also part of the team so...'

Tsaakk!

Suddenly a figure jumped from the hill to attack the boss at a frightening speed, everyone then heard a sword like sound stabbing a flesh.

A spear stabbed the back of the boss and penetrated the chest.

Caesar who was in a stabbing position pulled his aura-coated spear and then jump as high as he can.

Shaak!

Rawwrr!!!

The boss turned around angrily and a small hole in its chest can be seen spurting out blood.

Caesar who is currently in the air gripped the spear in his right hand and used the momentum to throw his spear downward with his full strength.

The people watching the scene can see the aura on the spear getting larger and stronger.

Bang!!!

As if a gun was fired. The aura-coated spear hits the boss's head and penetrated its body until it hits the ground.A small crater was made and cracks on the ground destroyed all the ice nearby.

DuugDuug!

The boss' head and a huge part of the body were destroyed so the boss looks like it was cut in half, and only the arms and feet were left while a decent-sized crystal rolled on the ground.

'Sh*t! I got excited and used too much strength.'

Caesar safely landed in front of the dead boss and a notification popped up.

Ting!

The status info appeared.

New skill acquired: Spear Throw F

***************************************

Name: Caesar Chavez
Alias: None
Age: 21

Expertise:
Spear Mastery C

Skills:

Aura Skill:
Weapon Coating D
Spear Throw F

Beginner Magic:
Fireball C
Waterblade D

Intermediate Magic:
Firebolt D
Windblade F
Flamewall F

Talent:
Mana B+
Aura A-
Darkness F

3