Ivan D. Evenus [2]
88 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Clank—!

The mansion's front doors were pushed open to reveal a lush, well-decorated garden filled with plants of various colors that perfectly complemented each other.

After descending a flight of stairs, I calmly walked toward the gates in the distance.

"Good day first master."

"Have a pleasant day, first master."

As I walked along, I was greeted with friendly smiles by the gardeners and maids.

I paid them no mind.

Apart from the fact that the greetings were fake, Ivan didn't seem the person to return a greeting.

The lack of reaction from the maids and servants served to confirm my thoughts. 

I stopped at the front gates of the mansion where I was greeted by a large carriage.

"Good day first master."

Stylish and elegant, this black carriage had no horses. Symbolizing the household's noble status was a large insignia on the side of the carriage. It was a large shield with a pair of purple wings by its sides. Two swords crossed from below, intersecting right in the middle of the shield. 

"Make the trip quick."

"Understood."

My first action after climbing onto the carriage compartment was to sit down and make myself comfortable.

Knock. Knock.

To signal the coachman to move along, I knocked on the carriage's window.

The carriage soon began to move, and the scenery outside of the window began to change.

Gazing at the ever-changing scenery, I found myself muttering to myself.

"What a mess."

It truly was a mess...

While I had indeed come to terms with my current predicament, it didn't mean that I had accepted my current situation.

Quite the contrary.

I very much detested my situation. As if I was going to accept the fact that I had become someone else, in an entirely different world.

As I swiped my hand in the air, a string of text appeared in my vision.

"My only clue as to how to return is this..."

— ●

Game Percentage : [[0%]————————100%]

— ●

A long percentage bar.

I was honestly clueless as to whether I would end up returning home once the bar fully it one hundred percent, but it was the only thing I could cling on.

I wished nothing more than to go back home.

Home where I used to live, and where my brother was.

"Brother..."

Just the thought of my brother twisted my heart, as my face contorted a little.

In my position as his sole guardian, who was now deceased, I could only imagine how difficult it must be for him to even make it through life.

"Shit."

While cursing silently, I glanced beneath the percentage bar.

My eyes soon paused toward the skill section. More specifically, toward a particular skill.

— ●

Skills :

  ﹂ [Foresight]

: This application provides an insight into the future of a person. Has a week-long cool-down period, and can only be activated upon making skin contact with the target.

  — ●

"This skill will be the key to completing the game."

With no prior knowledge of this world, this was an essential skill for me to succeed.

There was only one problem.

"Can only be activated upon making skin contact..."

A bit of an odd criteria, I guess.

Nevertheless, I did try it once on one of the maids of the house, and from there I was able to catch a glimpse of the future.

All I saw in the vision was the maid getting scolded by the head maid.

As it had only been a week since I found myself in this world, I had been unable to test the skill again.

"From what I've gathered, the visions are either random or only depict the biggest events that will happen in the nearby future."

The latter would be ideal if possible.

If it were random, the skill would often prove to be more useless than useful.

"I guess I will only know in the near future."

When I used the skill again.

With my elbow propped on the side of the carriage, I gazed out of the window.

"Now, all I have to do is calmly analyze the situation, and familiarize myself with the world around me."

Only this way could I guarantee my success.

*

For the remainder of the ride, I spent the time seriously contemplating my circumstances.

In addition to gaining a better understanding of the world, I also set myself another goal.

...and that goal was to become stronger.

Though I hadn't been in this world for very long, I realized one thing during the past week: only the strong had a say in this world.

Only through power could one hope to achieve their goals and aspirations.

If I wanted to complete the game, I needed to become stronger.

"We're here."

Just then, the carriage halted, and the door opened, displaying a stunning view of the scenery.

Despite my best efforts at keeping my smile in check, the edges of my lips inevitably curled up a bit.

"So this is Kretneltz academy..."

Warm rays of sunshine filtered through the narrow door of the carriage, basking my body in a warm yet comfortable glow.

Moving out of the carriage, I was able to catch a glimpse of similar horseless carriages entering the academy campus through the large gates in the distance.

In addition to carriages, students wearing similar colored uniforms also entered the gates.

My eyes were drawn to the colorful flowers and plants neatly sorted by the landscapers around the academy, adding further vibrancy to its atmosphere.

Buildings that blended seamlessly with the surroundings filled the farther reaches of the academy.

'Amazing...'

Was all I could mutter inside of my head as I tried my best to remain composed.

"Sir?"

Snapping me out of my thoughts was the coachman's voice.

Briefly glancing in his direction, I proceeded to follow the students into the academy.

Along the way, I decided to ponder over my next course of action.

"Ivan."

But before I could do that, I heard someone call out my name and my feet came to a pause. At the same time, I kept my back facing his direction with my eyes toward the academy in the distance.

"What is it."

I replied in my usual tone.

Appearing next to me was a figure with shoulder-length blue hair. In spite of the fact that I was not properly looking at him, as I kept my sight toward the academy, I could feel a serious and refined disposition coming from the figure beside me.

Halting his steps next to me, he spoke.

"Have you been well?"

"I have."

I replied in brief.

I secretly took note of the fact that he didn't seem to mind my distant attitude. In fact, it seemed to be mutual.

"That's good. I have a message to relay to you."

"Do share."

"...The third prince said that he would like for the two of us to meet him before the class starts."

'Meeting with the third prince?'

I took note of this piece of information before nodding.

On another note, the way that people in this world spoke was rather stiff, but I could only adapt.

"I understand."

"That's good."

Finished with what he wanted to say, taking a step forward, he proceeded to head for the academy buildings in the distance. Following his example, I walked alongside him.

'It looks like our reputation isn't great...'

Along the way to the academy campus, I also took note of the fact that wherever we went, people would quickly move to the side and glance at us with fearful and hateful looks.

Pretending to feign igorance to this, I proceeded to walk toward the academy buildings.

***

The Mengrail Monarchy.

The single monarchy that ruled the Adasta Empire; One of the largest empires in the Aurelia continent.

Reigning over it was the current Monarch, Gorian K. Mengrail.

His prime years saw him as one of the continent's strongest figures, causing fear among neighboring kingdoms with just a mention of his name.

Alas, age took a toll on everyone and his power regressed.

Nevertheless, all hope was not lost. Over the years, the Monarch had bred over nine children, of which, four were eligible for becoming the next Monarch.

Amongst them was the third prince...

"Zagan K. Mengrail..."

A girl hatefully spat as her eyesight paused on a certain figure in the distance.

Standing at 180 cm, he was much taller than the average boy in his class.

Not only that, but so was his appearance that appeared to be flawless.

Taking secret peeks in his direction, all the females in the classroom were drawn to Zegan's blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. Especially his eyes that seemed to be eternal.

Further adding to that, his refined and noble aura, benefiting from that of an emperor, left nothing to be dissatisfied with. Be it the way he talked, the way he stood, the way he smiled; he looked flawless.

'Two faced bastard...'

But not all were fooled by his outer appearance.

Avery Klementine. The moment her eyes lay on Zagan, her face distorted as she clenched her teeth tightly.

Not only was he trying to pressure her family into arranging an engagement between the two of them, but had somehow also convinced the people closest to her to pressure her into agreeing.

To the public, he was hailed as a talented magician who had achieved the Tier 1 magic status at the age of sixteen, but to a few, he was known as an insidious snake that would carefully select his prey before crushing them into bits...

Just then, two figures walked into the classroom.

At the exact moment the two figures walked in, Avery could no longer help herself as she let out a sound of disgust.

The room's atmosphere changed, if ever so slightly at their appearance.

"Ugh..."

Ezra Karmeli, and Ivan D. Evenus. Zagan's right and left-hand man.

Of the two, one figure particularly stood out.

A sharp gaze that stood amongst the masses, jet black hair, and amethyst purple colored eyes.

Walking toward where the third price was, Avery's eyes traced his back.

"Ivan D. Evenus..."

She mumbled underneath her breath.

He had quite the reputation.

Rumors had it that he would do anything for the sake of more power. Even betray the people that were closest to him.

Whether the rumors were true or not, Avery did not know. Nor did she care.

"He is power-hungry, huh?"

'As the daughter of one of the four ducal houses of the empire, I can give him that...'

A thought suddenly crossed her mind.

Just maybe...just maybe, she could make use of him.

If he was the same as the rumors said, then maybe she could rope him to her side.

3