Prologue: The Vene Theocracy
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Year 110, Western Calendar]

On the Supercontinent Of Aria, on the far western corner a nation was born. The Goddess Of Many Eyes Auge's first Apostle, the Oculus Rodrick De Augesteine who possesed such a keen eye that he made for one of the greatest archers that the western corner had ever seen. Rodrick would bathe his name in glory but he always said it was due to the goddess Auge, by the time he was only 30 he had formed the Vene Theocracy. It was ruled by the Head Priests of the Goddess's Church, The Augur and the Augesteine Family. This small nation had soon grown into a formidable force as it spreaded the teachings of the goddess.By the time Rodrick had died he was 134, he died honourably serving in the battlefield against the Friwald Republic which soon fell. After Rodrick's death, his son Ilya De Augestine succeeding him as the High Priest and the Apostle. Generations of this would continue on and on with the bloodline of the Apostle Rodrick remaining as the High Priest.

[Year 485, Western Calendar]

It wasn't until 15 Generations later during Rodrick IX's Era that the first Augur would be found. An Augur possesed the unique ability of being able to understand the will of the Goddess although unlike a Saint they can't directly speak to the Goddess. The first Augur was called Sixtus and he was the one who spread the glory of the Theocracy further than even the original apostle Rodrick. 

[Year 610, Western Calendar]

Now at the 20th Generation of the Apostle's Bloodline the Vene Theocracy is declining, the current High Priest Ilya the X isn't innovating compared to his ancestors. The fate was placed on the Augur, the current Augur Eldin was a vagrant which had been found out to be the Augur by chance at the Temple. With the decline and pressure being pushed onto Eldin at a last minute decision during a War with the neighbouring Empire Of Kahlo he had misinterpreted the words of the Goddess or so he thought. 

'I was playing you guys a fool this entire time, I have already regained all I need. This is my final goodbye.'

The words of the Goddess had resonated with Eldin but he thought he had misinterpreted it, he told them that Goddess was approving of the continuation of the war. Which meant declining the peace treaty with Kahlo, after this was announced the Theocracy was swiftly defeated by the Kahlonian Forces. The High Priest Ilya The X had abdicated and fleed to another neighbouring nation, The Kingdom Of Elise which he had family ties in. Once Eldin had truly realised what the Goddess meant, the fact that she betrayed the people who had been worshipping her for half a millenia. As he tried to flee like the High Priest he was stabbed in the back by his childhood friend Eruk and then he heard something he wish he had never heard in his life.

"Glory to the Republic Of Friwald!" 

The same republic that had been destroyed 470 years ago during Rodrick's campaign had been restored, this was something he wish he had never heard. The Friwald Republic was known for it's involvement with taboo things like Magic, Magic was considered heretic by the Goddess. He had no care for the Goddess anymore, all he wished for was to return back to when he was younger so he could change his fate. The Dagger he was stabbed with unknown to Eldin and Eruk had an incantation for a spell, as Eruk twisted the dagger and let it out Eldin quickly fell unconscious and had finally reached the state of true death. He felt his soul in the cold dark abyss despite not being conscious.

'Spell...Activated...Teleporting...Back....500....Years'

0