11 – Unexpected Meeting
617 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half the day has passed and now it's 4 PM. It's time to pack our things and go home. 

"Wait, I should buy the novel that's released today"

The book that Kenji recommended kept me busy that I forgot that the novel that I was looking forward to will release today. Luckily I have a lot of free time today and I haven't joined a club so might as well as go to the bookstore.

As I grab my bag and went outside the classroom, Shinomiya suddenly shows in front of me. 

"Y-You scared me Shinomiya-san!"

She shows a satisying face at me in her jumpscare attempts. I feel like my entire energy has been run out because of her sudden attempts.

"You should've seen your scary face hehe~~"

"Please don't do that to me again Shinomiya-san or I might wet myself" I don't want it to become a reality as it would the most embarrasing moments and I can never forget about it. Hopefully, Shinomiya-san would listen to my request.

"If you say so, Kazuma-kun" she nods as she responds to my requests. I hope so.

Once our early conversations are over, there is a long period of silence. The classroom is empty, so thankfully no one can see our odd stances.

Shinomiya-san interrupts the ongoing stillness as I prepare to speak and asks me a question.

"Ne, Kazuma-kun, do you have plans for today?" She poses the question to me with a look of expectation, hoping that my response will match what she had anticipated.

"I only have to walk to the bookstore since I'll be purchasing the long-awaited novel there, and then after that I'll go home" The only thing I have planned for the remaining hours of today is to buy the book I've been wanting so desperately. Mom would be running late to work tonight, leaving just me at home.

She expressed satisfaction and a sigh of relief after I replied to her question. I guess that means that she already knows my answer.

"Can I come with you, Kazuma-kun?" she asked me. as she was tucking her hair behind her ears.

Gosh, that was so sexy I say these words inside of me but but I restrained myself of those indecent imaginations of mine.

"Aren't you gonna hang out with your friends?" because of her beautiful figure, she attracted a lot of attention from our class, boys and girls. She's pretty much popular in our class so it's not that surprising that she makes a friend or two. 

"I would rather spend my time hanging out with you Kazuma-kun. Or you are going to leave a pretty girl like me all alone, waiting to be hit on by the boys?"

"It's not like that Shinomiya-san"

"Mutsuki..."

"Eh? What did you say"

"You always call me by my surname even though we are so close to each other!"

But we've met with each other for a week...

"From now on, call me by my first name Mutsuki!"

And now she is mad at me and the reason is that I didn't call her by her given name. She makes a pouting reaction and she looks like a hamster putting a nut beside in its mouth. I gave in and made a small laugh at the sight that was being shown to me.

"Why are you laughing? Is there's something funny?"

"No, it's just that your reaction is so cute that I can't help myself but laugh"

"W-Wha--!?" 

After I told her the reason, her face is now as red as a tomato. God, she's so cute. I kind of  feel guilty being the only person who sees this side of Shinomiya-san. 

"Aren't you supposed to call someone by their first name if the two of them are very close to each other?" Calling by their first names means that the pesron has a close releationship with his/her partner. Or maybe they're both siblings but in this case, I'm thinking of the former.

"But we're already close to each other, see?" Mutsuki-chan went and attacked me by hugging in front of me. I meant our social relationship not the physical one but I'm not complaining as this is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"Okay, okay I get it we're close so please stop hugging me or the people might get the wrong idea" 

"Nuh-uh. Not until you say my first name"

She's really stubborn isn't she? But she looks pretty cute when she's mad but I have to go to the bookstore before it gets dark so might as well as enjoy this moment while it lasts.

"Mutsuki-chan"

"Mutsuki! Just Mutsuki! No adding 'chan' in my name!"

"Mutsuki" in a low tone

"Eh, can you say it one more time? I didn't hear it~~" 

This is so embarassing

"Mutsuki! There, I said out loud. Happy?"

"Kyaaa!! Kazuma-kun says my name! I can't measure out of how happy I am! So happy that I might die! I'll treasure this moment. It's unfortunate that I forgot to bring my phone but I shall burn these events into my memories"

You should calm yourself down first.

 

*******

Inside the market where we previously purchased the ingredients for the dinner is where the bookstore is situated. Since there are many books sold here, the bookstore's interior is rather large. You can find a wide variety of books in this place, including academic-related books, religious books, entertainment books, children's books, fictional and non-fictional books and many more. The bookstore itself is quite popular especially to young boys since most of them wanted to read mangas especially in Sh**n*n J*mp. 

I went into the bookstore with Mutsuki. She's currently standing by my side, her tiny hands gripping onto my arms. We are currently in a situation where a few people have turned to stare in our direction, but I don't have to mind them because my main goal in being here is to buy the book I wanted to buy.

"You don't have to cling yourself onto me, you know? The people here might think that we're a couple or something" it's not that I wanted Shinomiya---- ahem, Mutsuki to stop holding onto me. It's just that I just don't want to attract unwanted attention. But I do want her to cling onto me whenever she likes plus she's pretty cute when she's at my side. (T/N: IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME! NOT HIM!)

"You don't want me to?" Mutsuki says those while making a puppy-face reaction.

Oh god, why am I so weak at this kind of attack? I have to get stronger in order to not get weakned at this kind of attack.

"Do whatever you want" I responded at her question.

"Yey~~" when I gave her my permission, she makes a satisfying grin and a happy humming sounds. She really loves hanging out with me huh.

As we went towards the fictional books sections, I looked at every shelves to see if they have the book that I wanted to buy. 

"Ah, found it"

Someone else took the book as I reached for the one I was looking for. I went to see who picked up the book and unexpectedly---

"Ah, it's that girl who I asked directions to the library"

It's the glasses girl that I've "accidentally" met before

 

 

 

Finally, the glasses girl showed up! Now the question is, what is her role in this story? To be honest, I don't know. I just write what my brain wants to write lmao but who knows? Maybe I'll do a little bit of a background story for her in the future so please stay tuned for the upcoming chapters! If you think that there's something wrong in my writing, please don't hesisate to comment down as I will try my best to change it. And as always, thank you for reading my work!

P.S. I'm making a new work btw so please look forward to it!

15