14 – Hotsui Hot Spring
341 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, Mutsuki, how do we go to that hot spring you were talking about?" I have no idea where this hot spring that we were supposed to visit is located, so I ask Mutsuki if she knows where it is.

"The Hotsui Hot Springs, where we'll go, is in northern Japan; it's said to be one of the best hot springs there, but I'm not sure how good it is because I've never been there."

"Even if you haven't been there, as long as you have good time, it's worth the trip"

"Yes. As long as I'm with Kazuma-kun, every trip is worth it~~"

Hearing Mutsuki say such things makes my face flush. When people see me in this state, they think I have a cold.

She continued, "The only way to reach the place is by a car or a train. I wanted to rent a car but it wouldn't be much fun if I do that"

Renting a car sounds prohibitively expensive, and we do not have the funds to do so. But Mutsuki just said she can rent one but as she put it, where's the fun in that? I'm the type of person that prefers to do things the hard way. I'm not sure why, but doing the simplest tasks sounds boring and straightforward. I don't mind the easy part, but it's not really my thing. Maybe Mutsuki is also a hardcore type like me. Who knows?

Mutsuki and I were currently walking towards the station in order to reach the station's location. There are only a few automobiles on the route, so traffic is minimal. People are going down the walkways, minding their own business.

We arrived at the station after a time, and Mutsuki proceeded to the ticket booth to get our tickets. I told her that I should be the one to pay it, but she insisted that she'll be the one pay for it.

Our train arrived a few moments later, and we both walked inside. The train is crammed in like sardines in a tin. Understandable given that this week is a special week across the country. People going to areas they want to go, such as the beach,or the mountains, or the hot springs like us, or just casually wandering around the mall with their pals, among other things.

We had no choice but to wait outside the train door, hoping to arrive soon. Mutsuki was leaning against the door as I was in front of her, making eye contact. This is one heck of a situation we have here.

The vast crowd suddenly swayed in our direction, so I sheltered Mutsuki with my body to avoid being squished by the crowd.

"That was very close. I was worried we'd get squashed here." 

One more sway and we're all flattened at the door, but I tried to hold them off by blocking them off by the back with all of my available strength. I appear to be some kind of hero, protecting an innocent civilian. It seems to be very intriguing. Ah, you don't have to worry about the luggages that I carried as it was at the side of my feet, which I also tried my best to protect it from the vast amount of people inside.

I look at Mutsuki to see whether she's okay, but all I see is a young woman with a reddish face staring away from me. 

"T-Thank you, Kazum-kun."

Naturally, I tried my best to not be distracted at the sight in front of me so as not get squashed by the crowd behind us. 

"Don't mention it"

Well this isn't a bad situation at all.

 

********

After hours of travelling by train, we have finally arrive at our destination. In front of us is an old, Japanese-styled inn. They called it "Ryokan". I carried Mutsuki's luggage as it looks heavy from its appearance and yep, it's too heavy. I wonder what things did she brought in her luggage.

"You wait there Kazuma-kun."

She pointed out the empty seat at the side of the entrance. Obeying what she said, I went ahead and seated at the empty bench and watched Mutsuki going at the reception desk showing the receptionist the ticket that showed to me earlier.

The inn's interior is composed of wood. Everything in this place is made of wood. Wood is used throughout the house, from the ceiling to the walls and even the floor. A garden sits to my side, but I can't see all because I can only view a little portion of it. Despite the fact that it is Golden Week, there are only a few customers in this establishment. Perhaps since the location is so remote, only a few people visited this location.

As I was looking around, observing my sorroundings, a tall figure appeared right in front of me. It was none other than Mutsuki herself in her casual clothes.

"Come now Kazuma-kun, they're going to lead us at our room"

As she said that, a seemingly old lady with her yukata guided us at our room. We walk for a few minutes until we stopped in what seemed to be our room. 

The old lady gently opens the sliding door and what greeted us is a room. But it's not just any room. it's an old, wooden room with small tables and small chairs at the middle of the room. The room itself has a size of around 40 sq. ft. Not too small and not too big. I guess this the kind of room can accomodate only two people in it.

I put our luggages at the tatami floor and lie at it

"Ughhh, I'm so tired. I wanna go and take a nap"

I went down to the floor and landed face down. The floor is as cool as it appears, and I could literally sleep on it if I wanted to, but as I was about to do so, I heard a gentle voice by the side of my ear.

"Don't sleep yet Kazuma-kun or you won't see me in a yukata~~"

"I want to see it"

When Mutsuki says such in a seemingly teasing tone, I quickly straighten up. Mutsuki is dressed in a yukata. I'm looking forward to it. Who doesn't want to see a pretty girl wearing one of these kind of clothes? I bet she would look good at it.

"Fufu, that's more like it. Then, I'll be changing right now"

Wait, right now? In front of me?

 

 

What a goddamn lucky MC lmao

9