Chapter 5 – Headline
165 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5

It was blood red.

A blue crack that had ripped apart space and time itself fragmented the sky.

"A dungeon crack…?"

I turned around towards the source of the voice and saw a trembling Adelle. She had dropped the half eaten apple, and stared at the crack with widened eyes.

The scenes from the T.V flashed in my mind.

'A dungeon crack?! I have to take Adelle away!'

I dragged the girl up into the air gently, pulling her out of the village.

By the time I had gotten a considerable distance away, though, a notice engulfed my screen.

[WARNING. LIFE FORCE SHALL BE CONSUMED FROM NOW ON.]

I placed Adelle onto the ground as exhaustion seeped into me.

I felt like I had just run a marathon till my muscles tore. Every part of my body was sore.

I blinked blearily as I fell asleep, my phone still in hand.

***

Avahul sighed. The godling still had too little stamina and DP. She burned the bit of the Divine Power she had regenerated and her stamina just by carrying a malnourished child for barely a few hundred meters.

It would be much easier if she knew everything, because then he could give her proper instructions, like, 'Do not, for goodness's sake, exert yourself too much without checking your Divine Power.'

If he hadn't forcefully made her sleep, she would have definitely died by burning through her life force too.

But… this was too big of a burden to be placed at a mortal all at once. Sure, sociopaths could probably deal with his mission and its contents, but giving it to them would defeat the whole purpose in the first place.

It was an iron clad requirement for Gods to have a good set of morals, and a positive personality. Otherwise, they'd be no different from the demons.

Finding a person who met all the conditions and also had a good sense of morals was hard, so he needed to take this slow.

She was, in the end, just a teenager.

Avahul blessed her with a wisp of Divine Energy to help her recover, and sent his consciousness next to the orphan.

He lifted her into the air and swiftly took her to the nearest village.

***

I opened my eyes and blinked.

'Did I… fall asleep? This suddenly?'

That was unbelievable! It took me a lot of twisting and turning to fall asleep, even after a day of vigorous exercise! Could an insomniac like me even fall asleep unknowingly?!

I wiped the saliva that had dripped onto my chin while I slept.

I looked at the phone in my hand.

Is this because of the game? Nah, that makes no sense.

That aside, I needed to see how Adelle was doing. There was a dungeon crack, right?

I turned my phone on, which already had the game open.

The game restarted while I bit on my nails, slightly anxious about what could have happened to Adelle.

The game's logo faded and directly shifted to Adelle.

She was in some other village, sitting… in an alleyway.

What was with this girl and alleyways? That aside, it looked like she ran to a nearby village on her own. Awesome!

Only then did I notice the various new icons and options that had appeared all over the screen.

I clicked on the [News] icon, and it took me to various articles released by the game company for its game's community.

One particular headline caught my interest.

4