Chapter 8 – B Class
175 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8

I found that quite hard to believe, but I decided to follow his advice and just explore.

I once again found myself looking at the alleyway Adelle was in.

I pondered about which direction I should go. A mini-map would have been extremely useful in situations like these.

While I lamented about this game having no mini-map internally, a life saving idea popped up in my mind.

‘I could just zoom out and scout the surrounding area!’

My idea did seem quite obvious and basic for it to be life saving, but the number of times I brute forced through a situation only to later realize a much simpler solution was awe inducing.

I dragged three of my fingers into the center of the screen, which gave me a sky view of the surrounding area.

Little icons popped up along with an ‘i’ symbol on the top right.

‘Hmm?’

The first thing that caught my interest was the ‘i’ symbol. It was a soft but gleaming red color, and it was on top of a white circle.

I clicked on it, and it opened a popup.

There were two symbols with a few lines of text next to them.

The first symbol was that of a house, and written next to it was,

‘Represents a village. Village that were already visited by Adelle are green in color, while new places are red.’

The second symbol was that of a cave, and written next to it was,

‘Represents a dungeon.

White color represents a F Class Dungeon.

Yellow color represents an E Class Dungeon.

Orange color represents a D Class Dungeon.

Blue color represents a C Class Dungeon.

Purple color represents a B Class Dungeon.

Red color represents an A Class Dungeon.

Black color represents a S Class Dungeon.’

I narrowed my eyes while looking at this popup.

I was quite pleased that such a system existed, but... wasn’t this quite the roundabout way to go about it?

Instead of leaving it to the player to discover that they could navigate the world by zooming out and depending on the icons, couldn’t the game devs just put in a mini-map?

It seemed like the more obvious way to do it.

While I was lost in my thoughts, I remembered about the dungeon crack that had happened in the last village.

Was it dealt with?

James did suggest that stealing monster cores would be a viable option to help Adelle.

The monsters that came from the dungeon crack did look quite strong. And... quite a bit of time had already passed. I should probably be able to find a few monster cores lying here and there, right?

It would be worthwhile to check it out, anyway.

I tapped on my screen and closed the popup. I dragged my fingers in, zooming out even further.

I flicked my finger towards the right, staring unblinkingly at the shifting scenery to make sure I didn’t miss the village.

After a few times of repeating this in multiple directions, I finally found the village that Adelle was previously in.

Along with a B Class Dungeon.

I zoomed into the village, and saw a sight that made me momentarily forget I was watching a game.

4