Down, but Not Out
299 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Red Base. Grif, Simmons and Ash get up from the beating they took from an invisible person. Donut is laying on the ground.

"Ow-" Grif moans in pain. "What the... My freakin' head."

Ash takes a few steps and looks around. "I smell colors!" He falls back to the ground.

Simmons stands up after checking on Donut. "He's hurt, Grif. He'll make it, but we need to get him some help fast."

Ash gets back up.

"Yeah, yeah, hold on a second." Grif tells Simmons. "What happened here? Wh... first Donut's head exploded, and Ash fell to the ground and... then you fainted. And then some black thing showed up, and started-"

Simmons interrupts Grif. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait. I did not faint, something knocked me out."

"Okay, fine, keep lying to yourself. Whatever helps you sleep at night."

"Man, just go find Sarge, we need to get Donut outta here."

"Yeah, sure." He turns and goes to the ramp. "Oh, and, uh, I'm fine, by the way. Thanks for asking." Grif heads down the ramp.

"Whatever, no one likes you anyway."

Ash laughs.

A few minutes later

Everyone is gathered inside Red base and Lopez is watching the captured intruder. 

"Sarge, we need to get Donut air-lifted out of here." Simmons informs Sarge.

"Could you put that in a memo and entitle it 'Shit I Already Know?'" Sarge tells Simmons. "Get on the horn with Command!" He looks over to the intruder. "Well, look who's up. Rise 'n' shine, buttercup."

Sparks come from the intruders armor. "Oh, great." It's a female! "You broke my voice filter. You cockbiting fucktards!"

"Ah-ha!" Grif yells. "I knew it! Only a chick could give me a headache this big!"

Ash turns to Grif. "Hahah, You got beat by a girl!"

Grif turns to Ash. "You did, too!"

Ash turns away from Grif. "You have no proof."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-27-2022

8