How the Other Half Lives
277 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little bit after Sarge is shot.

Simmons, Grif and Ash are crowding around Sarge's body.

"Sarge!" Grif yells. "Don't you give up on me, soldier, do you hear me? I'm ordering you!" Grif starts to hit Sarge's body with the butt of his gun. "You gotta breathe, man! You gotta pull through! come on, Sarge!"

"If you die, Sarge, Can I blow up, Grif?" Ash asks Sarge's body. Simmons turns to him and hits him with his gun. "Ow!" Ash falls over.

Simmons turns to Grif. "Grif, this isn't working. We have to try something else." Simmons thinks for a few seconds and Ash gets off the ground. "Maybe you should give him mouth to mouth."

"That doesn't seem logical for a head wound."

"He's breathing!" Grif exclaims. "I saved Sarge!"

Ash stares down to Sarge then looks to Grif. "Damn, I guess I can wait to build the rocket." Ash says sadly.

Sarge coughs and stands up, he looks between Simmons, Ash and Grif. "What... What happened here?"

"Sir, you got shot in the head, so we gave you CPR and saved you, sir." Simmons informs Sarge.

"I always believed in you, Simmons."

"Uh, actually, it's Grif you should thank, sir. He did all the work."

"Grif?" Sarge turns to Grif. 

"Yes, sir." Simmons says.

"Grif... why in Hell would you give somebody CPR for a bullet wound in the head!?" Sarge asks Grif. "That doesn't make a lick of sense."

Grif sighs. "You're welcome, sir."

"I mean it's all so damn inconsistent! What would you do if they stabbed me in the toe, rub my neck with aloe vera?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-27-2022

9