Nine Tenths of the Law
236 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At Red base its just Sarge and Donut on top.

"Just you and me hanging out at the base today, huh, Sarge? This is new. I noticed you use a shotgun. That's cool. I just use this pistol." He looks at Sarge. "it works for me." He looks out to the canyon and begins to whistle. 

Donut turns back to Sarge. "So, you think the guys will be back soon? What do you think they're up to?" He turns to look out to the canyon. "Do you think they stopped at the store? I noticed we were getting pretty low on elbow grease." He turns back to Sarge. "When you die, can I have your armor?"

Simmons, Ash and Grif walk up the ramp and onto Red Base.

"Hey, we're back!" Simmons announces and Sarge and Donut look to him.

"Oh, man, am I glad to see you guys! Sarge would not stop talking. Seriously."

Sarge finally speaks. "Grif, Ash, Simmons, were you able to work out a suitable exchange"

"Uh..." Simmons begins. "Not exactly, sir. You see, when we showed up the Blues were doing something REALLY weird and then w-"

Grif interrupts. "Really weird! And they were rude!"

"Hey, dumbass, I thought we agreed I was gonna tell the story."

"I never get to tell the story." Ash pouts. 

"Shut it." Grif and Simmons say to him.

Grif turns to Simmons. "Excuse me! Go ahead!" He says in an annoyed tone.

Simmons turns back to Sarge. "Well, you see, the Blue guys were really weird. And not just normal weird, really weird."

Grif turns to Simmons. "You're not telling it right."

Simmons turns to Grif. "Okay, fine, how do you remember it?"

"Well, I remember we agreed that you're a kiss-ass. I got fuzzy on the rest of the details."

Ash chuckles.

Simmons turns to Sarge. "Anyway, they didn't want the prisoner back, sir."

"Why, those cunning blue devils!" Sarge says. "Does their treachery know no bounds?"

"It wasn't a total loss, sir." Grif speaks up. "I was able to steal his wallet."

"Grif... I may just make a respectable soldier out of you yet."

"Really, sir?"

"Hell no! Now leave the money on my nightstand and get back to work!"

.

.

.

.

.

Simmons, Ash and Grif, with a sniper rifle are watching the canyon. Suddenly an explosion goes off.

Sarge runs up to them. "What in Sam Hell is going on out there, Grif?"

"Sir, I think we're under attack." Grif says. "A very sloppy, poorly coordinated attack."

"How many do you see?"

"There's two running our way and another one seems to be- retreating?"

"Oh, we'll give them all the reason to retreat." Sarge looks at Simmons and Ash. "Saddle up, Simmons, Ash. Let's go rope us some Blue steer!"

Simmons and Ash cheer as they hop off the base and go over to the Warthog with Sarge following the,

"let's go kill some blues!" Ash cheers.

Donut walks over to Grif. "So. Just you and me, hanging out at the base. That's cool."

"Shut up, rookie." Grif says to Donut.

"Do you think they'll be gone long? Me and Sarge had a great time together."

"Oh my god."

"We talked about all kinds of stuff."

"I'm not gonna be listening to this all day long."

"He showed me a picture of his mother. We talked about home decorating."

"Are you ever going to SHUT UP?"

"We made macrame ideas. We shared recipes for souffles."

"Jesus Christ!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-28-2022

9