Radar Love
227 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On Red base we see Simmons, Grif and Ash looking down at an overturned Warthog. Sarge is looking at the car.

"Is it just me, or does this jeep seem like really bad luck?" Grif asks.

"Yeah." Simmons says. "You know, now that you mention it, it does seem like every time we get into the damn thing, it breaks," Donut walks up to the group. "Or explodes, or goes crazy and tries to kill one of us."

"It's evil." Ash says. 

Donut speaks up. "Maybe we should try exchanging it for a few motorcycles. No, Wait, wait! A big tank like the Blues have. That thing never seems to have any problems at all."

Simmons and Grif look at Ash for a few seconds then back to Donut. "I don't think so." They both say.

A little later

The Reds are gathered around the Warthog as Grif stands on the wheel while holding the sniper rifle, looking out towards Blue Base.

"Aw, crap." Grif says. "Hey, uh, they got a guy fixing their tank."

Sarge looks up to him. "Impossible! Our intelligence clearly states-"

"We have intelligence?" Donut asks.

"We're intelligent?" Ash asks.

Sarge continues. "That the only soldiers in this canyon with mechanical training are that dead Freelancer and Lopez. Oh, wait a minute!"

Simmons speaks up. "Sarge, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Lopez runs away, the jeep starts driving itself, and suddenly there's a new guy on the Blue Team?"

"Yes, Simmons, I am. Quite obviously, the Blue Team has constructed some kind of diabolical mind control ray beam that they used on Lopez and now he has to do their evil Blue bidding!"

Ash gasps. "They found my blueprints for the Mind Control Ray Beam?! Next they'll find my Blue Prints for a massive Rail gun! My MAC CANNON!" Ash screams in horror.

Grif speaks up. "Or, since he's a robot, maybe they just reprogrammed him."

Donut speaks up. "Or maybe that Blue guy who got killed by the tank came back as a ghost and now he's possessing Lopez's body. That could also explain why  Sarge went nuts when we had the prisoner. The Blue ghost probably possessed him, too. And Ash has military history with the mean girl and that's why she seemed to know him. And the jeep going nits was probably just a weird set of coincidences while the guy learned how to use Lopez's body."

Everyone stares at Donut.

"I think I like the ray beam idea better." Simmons says.

"What you just said, makes my crazy ideas look sane." Ash says.

Grif laughs. "Yeah, rookie, your idea sounds a little dumb."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06-28-2022

8