Pilot (5)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And here we have it, a biter in campgrounds. What a horrible sight. The biter inches away from Dak's face.

 

My eyes widened, was I just about to lose a new friend of mine? Numerous thoughts ran through my little mind. Yes, don't mind me roasting myself.

 

Everything felt like it was in slow motion. The biters drool dripping down slowly. Dak's expression slowly widening.

 

A bullet zoomed past my face and hit the biter in the shoulder. That caused the biter to stumble back. Dak fired his bow, the arrow entering the biter's left eye. The biter fell face first onto a rock, the impact caused the arrow to sink deeper. The black gooey blood seeping out, covering the arrow.

 

I turned around and saw Stalker, who had his AK-47 aimed. Andrew rushed over to Alice. "DAD!" Alice screamed and ran over, hugging him. Alice was shaking due to the situation.

 

Ted stared at the biter in shock, he ran as soon as he saw Emmy run over. "ARE YOU HURT?" Emmy checked Ted for bites. "Ted is okay." Ted spoke, looking back at the biter.

 

Jug held his spiked baseball bat, the spiked baseball bat wasn't that good. If we were fighting groups of walkers; he wouldn't survive. Want to know why? Because who the hell uses nails, it will likely get stuck in the biters skull.

 

Jug anxiously looked around, gripping the baseball bat tighter. I went over to the girl and pulled out my flashlight. "Why were you runnin-" my eyes widened. She was familiar, her pink hair glowing in the dark.

 

She looked up at me and her eyes widened. "C-Cody?" She tried to stand up but she winced. "Rose?" I looked at her. "Yeah. It's me." She gave a small smile. "Save the reunion for later." Dak spoke, loading up another arrow. Aria went into view, holding her knife.

 

Dani kept her bow to her side, looking around. "There might be more." Dani spoke. Two strangers that the others didn't recognize came into view. Dani aimed her bow. "HOLD IT!" Dani yelled.

 

"Woah there. We are friends." Ash raised his hands into the air, smiling a bit. Evelyn looked at Dani. "D-Don't shoot! W-We're friends of Stalkers!" Evelyn shook a bit. Ash nodded and patted Evelyn.

 

Stalker looked at Dani and nodded. "We saved them from hunters." He looked around, keeping his gun to his side.

 

I looked at Rose. "Did more biters follow you?" I asked what was most important. Rose nodded. "Yeah. I don't know how many though…" she sighed.

 

I pulled out both of my dual blades. "Everyone stays together. We aren't splitting up." I looked at everyone. "It's not safe here anymore. We should move." Emmy suggested.

 

"It's dark now, it's too dangerous. We're at more risk of running into more of them than we are here." I sighed.

 

Emmy held Ted close, rubbing his back. The sounds of leaves crunching were heard. "Shit. They're here." Dak spoke. "Make a circle. Keep the kids in the inner circle and DO NOT break it." Stalker ordered and everyone made a circle. Alice and Ted were in the middle, oh and so was Rose since she was injured.

 

Jug, who was breathing in and out rapidly, gripped his bat even tighter. Dani rested a hand on his shoulder. "This tactic has worked many times. I'm sure we will be okay." Dani gave a smile.

 

Jug nodded. "R-Right!" He began to focus. A biter appeared from the forest where I was. I tilted one of my blades to the left side and the other on the right, waiting for the biter to stabbing distance.

 

I stabbed the biter by jabbing it right up into its jaw. More began to appear. Dak aimed his bow and fired, killing one. Dani aimed her bow and killed one as well.

 

Ash grabbed a biter by the head and began to crush it as it growled, the sounds of bones breaking echoed throughout my ears. The head exploded like a watermelon, Ash dropped the biter and wiped blood off of his hands.

 

A biter, who was well built before the world ended, came lunging towards Evelyn. She squealed and moved out of the way. The biter limped towards Ted who stared at the biter. Alice screamed in horror. Emmy turned around and ran towards the biter.

 

An arrow from behind went through the biters head and zipped past Dani's head. "OH SHIT!" Dani looked back at the tree behind her. The arrow was sticking into the tree.

 

She stared at the homemade arrows, which took her awhile to analyse due to the dark. She snickered. "Knew you would come in time, sis." Dani turned around, Annabelle went over. "The other biters are dead. I took care of it." She spoke.

 

Emmy ran over and hugged Ted as tightly as she could, she shot a glare at Evelyn. "You bitch. You could have killed it with your knife. But no, you pussied out and almost got my son killed!" Emmy angrily spoke, picking Ted up.

 

She began walking off, Stalker stopped her by grabbing her shoulder. "What are you doing?" He asked.

 

Emmy looked at Stalker. "Taking our chances. Stay safe you guys." Stalker frowned. "Don't go, it's not safe. You and Ted won't make it out alive!" He tried his best to convince Emmy. "She won't have to worry about that." Aria went over. "I'll help her." She smiled.

 

Stalker looked at Aria. "Not you too…" I frowned and went over to them. "Stay safe, don't die. Let's pray that we will all reunite in the future." I spoke, knowing there wouldn't be a way to convince the three.

 

Stalker looked at me. "Cody, don't encourage this…" he sighed. "We can't convince them." I sighed and went over to Rose. Ash checked up on Rose. "She needs immediate medical attention or else the wound will get infected and she will die." Ash looked at me. "Alright, do the surgery." Rose looked at me. "Who shot you?" I asked her.

 

Rose looked away. "Rose, tell me… who shot you." I kneeled over as Ash prepared himself for the surgery, grabbing medical equipment and gloves.

 

"He shot me…" Rose looked back at me. "Who is 'He'?" I stared at her. "Hayden." The words I least expected, my eyes widened in shock. "He's alive…?"

 

Rose nodded.

 

0