Hero
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Was this the end for Mr. Peterson? Was it the end of the world in general? Why did a student bring a gun in the first place? Those were the thoughts overflowing in his head right now.

 

The bullet zoomed towards Mr. Peterson, it seemed like it was slow motion for him. Did time slow down? He doesn't know what's happening at this point, first the dead came back and now a student had a gun and fired it at him.

 

The bullet inched closer till a shadow overlapped his vision by a bit, Rose was in the way. She closed her eyes, knowing she would get shot but another person ran in the way.

 

Rose stared at the person in shock, he backed up into her, Rose caught him slightly, she was only 11. She can't fully catch another person. "Bruce! You idiot!" Mr. Peterson yelled as he ran towards the student, tackling him to the ground.

 

Rose laid Bruce down and kept pressure on the wound. Blood covered his shirt. I ran over. "What the hell is happening?!" I looked over at Bruce, then at Mr. Peterson, who had the student pinned. "Drop it." He growled and the student let the gun go.

 

Bruce winced. "I'm a hero." He winced. Rose's eyes widened. "Yes you are." Tears dribbled from her face, Brick rushed over. "Bruce! Oh god!" Soon enough Kora, Bandy, Aya and Scowl ran over with a crowd of people right behind them. Aya's eyes widened, looking at Bruce.

 

I rushed over to Rose and Bruce and kept pressure on his wound. "Scowl! Help me!" I yelled, Scowl ran over, he had a knife from the kitchen. He cut a bit of Bruce's shirt and then ripped off the rest. He stared at the wound and looked at me, shaking his head.

 

He was shot in the gut and bleeding a lot, Aryton stood there, he looked away. I kept pressure on his wound. "Come on! Help me!" I looked at everyone. No one came over to help. Rose just backed away, giving up.

 

I looked at her and frowned. "Not you too…" I looked back at Bruce. "Hey buddy, come on. You can make it. If we can just get you to one of the tables." I tried to pick him up but that ended up hurting Bruce even more. I stopped immediately and continued to keep pressure on his wound. "Cody, promise me one thing." He winced.

 

"Y-Yeah, anything." He grabbed one of Bruce's bloody hands. Bruce smiled. "Don't be a hero like me." He chuckled. "And promise to protect her." He looked over at Aya.

 

I looked over at Aya. "Yeah… I will." I teared up, was I crying? I couldn't feel it, my face felt numb. Mr. Peterson teared up as well. The student laughed. "What a dumbass. He saved you. Hero my ass." Mr. Peterson stared at the kid. "You see, I'm not the type of person who likes to hit kids but you asked for this." He grabbed the pistol and socked the kid in the face with it, knocking him out. He stood up. "Tie him up as well." Scowl nodded and dragged the student's body away.

 

Bruce clenched my hand and smiled. "Promise me." I nodded. "I promise." Bruce's grip slowly loosened up and he stopped moving. Mr. Peterson went over and checked Bruce's pulse, he put one of his hands over his face. "He's gone."

 

I teared up, yeah. I was crying now. What if Mira was also dead? We needed to find him and now. I stood up. "We don't know how this virus works, so we put his body in the kitchen area." I spoke. Bandy looked at me and nodded. "Playing it safe." Bandy picked up Bruce's body gently and went into the kitchen, resting his body on the floor. He left the room.

 

Aryton went over to me and patted my back. "You tried, that's all that matters right now." He winced within every movement. "Aryton, are you okay?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, plus. We need to find Mira, right?"

 

Kora sat on one of the tables, cupping her head into her knees. Scowl and Bandy returned. "We have to find Mira. He was missing minutes before it started. Still is." I spoke, and Scowl handed me a knife. "Thanks." I gave Aya my baseball bat. "Stay here, protect yourself." I said, Aya's eyes widened. "No! I'm coming with you!"

 

I hugged her. "No, you aren't. It's too dangerous. We do have flashlights now but it'll be harder to protect you at the same time if we got attacked by a group of them." I looked over at the door.

 

"The zombies stopped banging on the door. They're gone now. They likely got distracted by other students." I looked back at Aya. "Stay with Mr. Peterson at all times. I don't want you leaving his sight." I looked at Mr. Peterson. "Please protect her at all cost." I smiled.

 

Mr. Peterson nodded. "I will protect her at all costs. Plus I have a new gun now so that's that." He chuckled and grabbed Aya's hand. "Let's get away from the massive group of people." He walked off.

 

Aryton, Rose and Brick all had weapons, specifically knives. Bandy clenched a meat tenderizer. Scowl clenched a broken chair leg. He made it sharp by breaking it a certain way.

 

"Let's go get Mira." I flicked on my flashlight as Scowl opened the door. "Good luck." A student spoke and Aryton nodded as we left the cafeteria, hearing the door slam shut.

 

Lennie kicked the zombie multiple times but it was no use, the zombie inched closer towards his face.  Hayden stabbed the zombie with the pocket knife in the head but it barely went in.

 

The zombie turned its head and stood up, it ran towards Hayden and his eyes widened. "Crap." He grabbed an empty glass bottle and swung it, the glass bottle collided with the zombie's head, causing it to stumble to the side.

 

Tiny pieces of glass were stuck in his head as he continued to approach Hayden. Hayden stabbed the zombie with the broken bottle as blood dribbled down. He couldn't reach the zombie's head in time, the bottle was the only thing keeping him away from the zombie but that wasn't going to last long.

 

Lennie ran over and grabbed the zombie by the right side of his head and wrapped his other arm around its neck. Trying to pull him away from Hayden. Lennie screamed as the zombie bit into his hand, blood dribbled down from his hand.

 

He screamed more as the zombie tore off his flesh. Hayden picked up a chair and slammed it against the back of the zombie, it fell over. Hayden picked up a chair leg and began swinging till all there was left was a pile of brain matter and blood, he dropped the chair leg and backed up.

 

"I got bit." Lennie stared at his hand. "Give me your pocket knife." He spoke. Hayden pulled out the pocket knife and wiped the blood off so they didn't risk cross contamination. "There should be a med kit near here, we can use bandages for now." Hayden handed him the pocket knife in confusion. "What do you mean?" He tilted his head.

 

"Those ones used to be human, not the ones that came from the recent buried graves. Once we get bitten, or anything. We turn into one of them. I should have announced that on the speaker." He spoke as he clenched the pocket knife. "You shouldn't look." He rested it on hand where the wrist was located.

 

He began to cut, screaming in pain. Hayden quickly found the med kit and ran over. "I got it!" He opened it and grabbed the bandage as Lennie struggled to cut through the bone. "Hayden! Grab the chair leg that wasn't contaminated with the fuckers blood." Hayden grabbed one, he stared at it and quietly lowered it. He grabbed the one he killed the zombie with and wiped it off, since he killed Mira no one can know that he did. He wasn't in his right mind.

 

"Now bring it down." He closed his eyes. Hayden swung it multiple times, causing the zombie blood to mix in with his. Soon enough the bones broke, which was enough for him to cut through. Hayden quickly threw the chair leg away and began to wrap his bandage up. "There. We can't stay here." Hayden panted, he was exhausted from the swinging, and the fighting.

 

"Yeah, you're right." Lennie picked up his gun. "Let's go save those friends of yours. And my son." He smiled.

 

Lennie felt light-headed, he stumbled a bit. Hayden grabbed onto Lennie, letting Lennie use him for balance. Hayden looked at him. "Are you okay?"

 

Lennie touched his stump. "It's already soaked." He winced. "We don't have much time left. Let's go." He spoke, Hayden nodded and snickered before they opened the door and went into the hallway.

 

The kitchen area was dark, I mean really dark. Bruce was laying there, blood still came out of him, slowly though. Suddenly his hand twitched and he slowly opened his eyes, they were milky white.

 

He stood up and looked around, growling slightly. Bruce saw the shining light of the lanterns as he limped towards the door, he slowly looked out and into the cafeteria, noticing people. He felt hungry, and looked at the door. It was cracked open due to a knife that Scowl or Bandy may have dropped in a rush.

 

Bruce grabbed the doorknob and began to open it, the knife scraping against the floor.

 

0