Burial Ground
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hayden hid in a bathroom stall, hearing Lennie's gun firing, there was a longer pause. Around 2ish minutes, then another gunshot went off. Did he end it? Hayden was left in a dimly lit bathroom, there was a window which explains why he saw light shining through the outside of the stall he was in.
Hayden left the stall and got on his tippy toes, he looked out of the window and his eyes widened. The city was going to hell, a plane came crashing down towards a skyscraper, the skyscraper had a huge hole in it now.

 

A person ran in the field, Hayden looked around and saw a group of newer zombies running towards him. The guy tripped as the zombies closed in and began tearing him into pieces, two grabbed his legs and two grabbed his arms, it was as if they were playing tug a war with his body, his limbs tore as he screamed in pain, blood splattered on the zombies faces and they kneeled and started to feast on his corpse.

 

Hayden heard the bathroom door open, he ran into a stall and climbed onto the toilet so that they wouldn't detect his feet. The stall at the front got its door punched into the wall, Hayden's eyes widened as he heard grunting mixed with growling. It grabbed the stall door that was next to Hayden and tore it off with one go.

 

Hayden held his pocketknife, clenching it as it grabbed his stall door. His eyes widened as it tore his stall door off. He stared at it; there it was. Mr. Waterworth. His gym teacher, who was very popular at the time… was also one of them.

 

Hayden quickly acted as he ducked down, Mr. Waterworth swung the stall door. Barely missing him, he crawled away from him, standing up. Mr. Waterworth took the stall door out and ran at him. Hayden turned around and ran for the door, he made it just in time as he swung the stall door, getting it stuck in the wall.

 

Hayden looked back; the zombie who used to be his lovely teacher struggled to get the stall door out. He opened the door and ran out, panting. He needed to get away from them.

 

The group made it upstairs where they last saw Hayden and Mira, Bandy leaned against a locker by using his arm, he was out of energy due to all the running. "Do you think it's gone?" Aryton asked, Bandy nodded, and tears began to form again. "Scowl is…" he looked down and punched the locker.
Guilt filled Rose's mind; she believes she caused Scowl's demise. I patted her head. "Rose. It wasn't your fault. It was dark and we all panicked." Bandy nodded. "I'm not blaming you Rose. It was no one's fault. We all thought of decisions immediately. Scowl decided to play hero and save Brick." Bandy looked at Brick. "What you did was brave, Brick. But it was foolish."

 

Brick nodded. "I wanted to protect my friend, but I ended up getting your friend killed by that… thing" Bandy walked over and rested a hand on his shoulder. "It wasn't your fault. Scowl acted on his own decision. We don't have anyone to blame. Not even Scowl himself is to blame. All we can do is blame the zombies."

 

Aryton nodded, he heard running. "Pause, be quiet." He spoke as he shined his flashlight, he saw a group of 6 students, who were alive. They were getting chased by a smaller group of zombies. Only 3.

 

"YO! GET BEHIND US!" Bandy clenched his meat tenderizer and stood his ground; we all held our weapons tightly as the students ran behind us. They stood there, panting. "Wooo, that was a close one…" a guy spoke. "Brandon is…" a girl spoke.

 

One of the zombies charged towards Bandy, jumping at him like a raccoon. Bandy clenched the meat tenderizer tighter and ran at it as well, jumping at the same time. He swung it as hard as he could, it collided quickly with the zombie's face, and a couple of his teeth fell out due to the impact.
The zombie crashed into the locker and got up quickly. It tried the same tactic, but it wasn't lucky. Bandy swung again and again, blood splattered across the lockers and the floor, Bandy stared at the dead body of the zombie before wiping blood from his face.

 

More zombies were coming towards them. "More of them, I'll handle them. You guys get the other two." Bandy spun the meat tenderizer around before walking towards the other zombies.
I nodded and stabbed one of the zombies in the knees, getting it to fall. Brick immediately went over to me and kicked the zombie in the face. Brick stomped on the zombie’s head repeatedly. "Fuck this shit." Brick continued till his shoes were covered in brain matter and blood.
Rose stabbed the other zombie in the jaw, killing it instantly. "I did it!" Rose smiled. I shined my flashlight at the dead zombie that Brick killed. "It's blood." I stared at it, the zombie's blood was black and gooey. "It's different from ours…"

 

Rose kicked the zombie. "That's for killing our friends." Another zombie ran towards her, and she gripped her knife, she was about to swing at the zombie.

 

Aryton body checked the zombie into the lockers and stabbed it in the head, killing it. Bandy went over. "I'm done killing the other ones, there were way more than 3." Bandy panted; he was covered in blood.

 

I went over to the 6 students. "So. What are your names?" I kneeled down to a boy; my eyes widened. He was familiar. "Kronx is that you?" I spoke. Kronx looked at me. "Hey. Have you seen my brother?" Kronx asked and I shook my head. "No, I haven't. Have you seen Mira?" I asked.
"No. I'm sorry." Kronx spoke. "Who are your friends?" I looked at a girl who was hugging her knees. "They're all gone… Brandon is as well." She spoke. "I'm Finn. We are survivors from the cafeteria."
"Why did you guys even leave the cafeteria in the first place? It was safe for everyone…" I spoke, Finn looked down. "Who wants to tell him?" He asked, Kronx stood up. "I will. I owe him that much." He spoke. "Owe me?" I tilted my head.

 

"Yeah, for standing up to those bullies back before this." Kronx smiled and suddenly he stopped smiling. "The infected in the cafeteria turned, everyone's gone." He frowned.
My eyes widened; tears dribbled down. "W-what?" I turned around, about to run. "I need to go find Aya." Rose grabbed my arm and pulled me into a tight hug. "It's too dangerous, because of that huge one back there." Finn said. "Brandon tried to fight that thing, but… he got killed almost instantly by it." Finn looked at the girl. "That's Lucifer. She was with Brandon before this."

 

"I'm Maverick and this is Kai and Alicia." Maverick stood up and went over to me. "Thanks for saving our asses." He smiled. I looked at Rose and hugged her tightly. "Not the time Maverick." Alicia patted Lucifer's back, trying to comfort her.

 

Kora, Mr. Peterson and Aya walked down the hallway carefully, they made it to where Scowl was killed, Aya stared at his body. "Isn't that Scowl?" Aya looked up at Mr. Peterson and she began to tear up. Kora kneeled, hugging Aya. "I don't see any other dead bodies. Your brother is still alive." Kora stopped hugging him and continued to walk.

 

Kora's flashlight began to malfunction. "God dammit." She smacked it a few times, looking over at Mr. Peterson and Aya. "I fixed it!" She smiled.
They stood there, frozen in fear. Kora looked at them. "What?" She turned around and saw Mr. Waterworth. Her eyes widened; her heart dropped down to her guts. Or it felt like it. "O-Oh shit… run!" Kora turned around and they began to run.

0