CHAPTER 60: HYDRA
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Urgh…" Dark Hartina groans while slowly raising his body up.

 

"Hm? Did Kairi heal me? I can feel his power… Thanks, Kairi." He thought with a small smile.

 

Then, he got serious again. His gaze looked up at the hole once more.

 

"I must save it!"

 

He balled his hand tightly and closed his eyes. Beyond the darkness of his sight, someone else similar to him appeared with folding hands. His expression was cold and calm. Red gaze glinted from his eyes.

 

When Dark Hartina opened his eyes again, it was the cold gaze that appeared. He didn't say anything and only summoned his bow that was no longer black but golden red with fierce burning auras. The bow was pointed to the trunk of the tree.

 

There was no arrow in his hand. However, when he put his finger on the middle of the bow and pulled back, three lines of arrows appeared from it. All three were burning bright in gold but they sprinkled out tiny twinkling stars.

 

"I always wonder where the bow came from since it was different from what I normally use. Maybe this is my true weapon as a stellar user." 

 

The real Dark Hartina or the main control of the body was now looking out through a portal that showed his body from inside a space in his mind. The Dark Hartina outside was one of his personalities. He was his calm personality and he would not change any expression other than cold and calm.

 

"Yo, main personality, whatcha doing?" 

 

The mischievous personality appeared and had one hand put around Dark Hartina's shoulder.

 

"What is that thing?! Oh my god, oh my god!" 

 

Another personality also arrived and ran behind Dark Hartina and the mischievous personality. Anyone can guess that this personality was the scaredy-cat personality.

 

Dark Hartina sighed. Here they come… 

 

He always has problems meeting with his split personalities. He hated them before. But now, their presence no longer annoyed him and didn't make him feel that he was alone in this place anymore.

 

He still remembers how he got the emblem chain. At that time, his different personalities already manifested themselves. Nonetheless, he didn't understand because, from many of his family members, he was the one chosen to inherit the power of Dark Hartina.

 

Admittedly, he was happy when his father who was the previous Dark Hartina told him that he was going to inherit his power but he also didn’t want that terrifying power. This was because Dark Hartina at that time was the weakest of his siblings, not strong at all and had weak stamina. He was different from his siblings who were stronger than him. 

 

He recalled how jealous his siblings were when their father gave him the emblem chain. And, the night on the same day he got it, all his siblings wanted to bring him down. Dark Hartina at the time who was just 13 years old, not knowing how he could use his powers, was able to hear the plots of his siblings. In order not to fall victim to their murder, Dark Hartina fled his home and never returned. 

 

A year later, he was found by Dark Revier who invited him to Dorothia. There, he saw something more frightening that shivered his entire being. Still, he did not want to show his weakness to anyone because he had inherited his father's duty to serve Dark Revier. 

 

After that, he began training to strengthen his body and increase his stamina which eventually gave him the rank of a Deorc Star's general. That was the only effort and satisfaction he managed to do alone. Yet, the impact of his effort was that his heart couldn't accept any cruelty he had committed, causing the tears behind his fake expression to appear.

 

Now, he could understand a little from his father's last sentences to him.

 

"Following your heart is the best way to get rid of your distaste. May you find peace within the personalities you have."

 

Peace, huh?

 

Suddenly, a bright burning light came out of the portal he saw. When he blinked his eyes again, he was no longer in his mind space but in front of the burning tree. He was shocked when his surroundings changed to another place. The place looked like a forest.

 

"What the? Hm?"

 

He saw someone not far from him who resembled his face as a child. The child was a boy and he was happily playing with the twigs and leaves he had picked up and thrown. Dark Hartina was confused.

 

"Where am I…? This boy really looks like me when I was a child but his clothes looked old. Wait. That's not it, I've never been in this place before. So, who is this boy?"

 

He was now at the edge of a small village. The boy who looked like him was playing near the bushes. He watched the boy suddenly running into the bushes and felt the need to follow. And so he did. Soon, the boy stopped because he found something. 

 

Dark Hartina approached him and saw the boy picking up and holding something. He was startled to see a small monster resembling the body of a snake but with a head like a dragon. A pair of small wings were located behind its back and the wings are scaly and skinned like a bat.

 

"Wow! What are you?" Asked the boy.

 

"Ah, you're injured!" 

 

The boy was surprised when he found a red slash beside the monster's body and then hurriedly ran home with it.

 

"Hey, you shouldn't pick something weird!" Dark Hartina scowled and still followed after the boy.

 

But before he could get near the boy, his surroundings changed once more. Now, he saw the little boy keep the monster from his parents knowing about it. After the boy took care of it, it became healthy again and seemed tamed toward the boy. 

 

The boy was happy and started to play with it when he was away from his small village. He still doesn't want anyone to know. Even so, not long after, other boys coincidentally saw him playing with the monster. 

 

Dark Hartina realised those boys were wicked and as he guessed, they took the monster away after hitting the boy. The boy who resembled him cried and wanted the monster back. He ran back home and told his parents that they stole his pet but his parents ignored him. 

 

They do not like pets and because of that, the boy was scolded by his parents for hiding it. They locked him inside the house and no longer allowed him to play outside.

 

Dark Hartina saw the wicked boys taking the monster to a place where there were still traces of burning woods. They tied the monster to a tree twig. The boy who finally escaped from his room, panicked and ran fast at the monster when they threw it into the fire they made. 

 

The monster howled in pain but the boy saved him by holding the burning twig. Dark Hartina heart beating loudly with a pale expression. He was sure the skin in the boy's palm was melting because of the fire.

The boy cried out but didn't let go of the twig. He moved it away beside the fire.

 

His tears were flowing down his cheeks but his fingers were still untying the rope that bound the monster. The fire that burned the twig made it easier for him to break the rope that bound it. The wicked boys that were surprised by his actions finally got around. They felt angry when the boy destroyed their fun and wanted to snatch the monster back.

 

The boy who knew their attention ran into the forest. He managed to escape them and stopped at the edge of a creek. Without delay, the boy washed the burns on the monster's body while relieving the abrasions on his injured hands. He flinched at first but later felt relief. However, the blood was still flowing from his injured hands.

 

"Mruu ..." The monster whimpered.

 

The boy's tears flowed again. "Don't worry. I won't let them touch you again. I promise..." 

 

The boy smiled as he rubbed the monster's head.

 

"Mruu!" The monster purred gently.

 

It loves the boy that saved it twice now. Suddenly, its body emits white light. Dark Hartina and the boy were stunned to see two more heads raised from beside the main head. Now, Dark Hartina realises that the monster was the three-headed snake he saw in the hole earlier.

 

"Wait! Does that mean I am in the past?!" He was shocked by his guess.

 

How?!

 

He saw the boy was unafraid of the monster's change and rather happy to see it was no longer injured. Moreover, he was amazed that his injuries were healed.

 

"I didn't know you could heal them. You are great!" Praise the boy cheerfully.

 

"Thank you..." A voice replied to the boy.

 

"Woah! You can talk?!"

 

The monster nodded. "I've made up my mind. I want you to be my master. Please take this." 

 

All three heads spoke at the same time and then produced an emblem chain with a pattern of a dragon snake carve on the emblem.

 

"For me?" 

 

The monster nodded.

 

"You will acquire our powers that can read others' minds and weapons to protect yourself from danger. But you have to practise first if you want to use our powers and weapons."

 

"Oh… Wow! Okay!" The boy didn’t even think it was strange and wore the emblem chain around his neck.

 

Dark Hartina facepalm because of the boy's ignorance. Didn't this boy have any awareness of the strange monster?

 

Still, he was witnessing the events that happened in the past. Though, he didn't know which time this part of the past was.

 

"We are called Hydra, one of the stellar beasts and you are…?" The monster asked the boy.

 

"Oh, your name is Hydra? I'm Elesioth. You can call me, Ele. Nice to meet you, Hydra!"

 

Dark Hartina's surroundings changed again and now he found a young man who resembled himself. Well, it wasn't surprising since Elesioth's child's face looked like him. Now, it seemed to him this time he was going to see Elesioth as a teenager. He saw him fighting with monsters that suddenly appeared to kill him. After he eliminated it with his bow, a beautiful woman appeared.

 

"Who are you?" Elesioth asked in surprise.

 

The woman smiled and placed one hand on his chest. "I've been looking for you for a very long time, Hydra Star user."

 

"Huh? Who are you?!" 

 

Elesioth turns vigilant against her because no one else knows he has Hydra's power before.

 

"Sorry for not introducing myself. I am Siarah Atrisia, Princess of Syarantonia Kingdom. It's a pleasure to meet you, Hydra." She said cheerfully.

 

Dark Hartina's mouth opened wide. What?!

0