CHAPTER 69: ONE MORE CHANCE
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours earlier…

 

"They have not arrived yet, Ziphoteninx?" Kairi asked while standing up after he got kicked by Revioryx. 

 

His body was a little dirty with some blood dripping from his lips. And he hissed when he felt some of his chest bones were broken. A second later, his body emitted light, healing all his injuries while he wiped away the blood on his lips.

 

"I don't know. I'm not sure. There's no news from them and I can't contact them. What are they doing?" Ziphoteninx growl.

 

They have been waiting for hours and still haven't seen any angels. What took them so long? After all, they weren't sure if they could survive Revioryx's next attack. 

 

Revioryx power was indeed greater in terms of self-defence and power to repel all their attacks. Kairi and Ziphoteninx jumped to the side when Revioryx threw his spear weapon at them. Although they managed to dodge, the spear unleashed an explosion after its sharp tip made of shimmering red emerald hit the ground.

 

"Rafiz, I don't feel good. It looks like something is going to happen to Kairi. I can't contact him through my power." Dark Hartina telepathy Rafiz.

 

They were still fighting with Dark Spincer and Dark Sethan.

 

"In that case, we have to get out of here." Rafiz decides to leave their battle.

 

He was actually worried about Kairi too. Dark Hartina nodded then let out a loud shrill sound into Dark Sethan and Dark Spincer's heads, causing both of them to startle and slip their run to attack him and Rafiz again. The two had to stop while trying to get rid of the shrilling sound in their heads. 

 

Then, Dark Hartina and Rafiz took their chances to leave the area and headed towards Kairi and Ziphoteninx. They can hear Dark Sethan and Dark Spincer cursing them. Both want to chase after them but Kironinx summons a tornado to stop them from following.

 

A minute later, they arrived near Kairi and were astounded when they saw Kairi, Ziphoteninx and Dark Revier's battle. Their surroundings were shattered with cracked, uplifted soil, and trees that fell after being cut down from both side attacks.

 

"Kairi!" 

 

Dark Hartina and Rafiz shouted simultaneously when they saw Kairi was hugged by Revioryx from behind and the latter was trying to bite his neck. However, Kairi kept struggling violently against him. 

 

Ziphoteninx was not by his side because he was healing himself who lost his head from one of Revioryx attacks. And also because he was a special being, he cannot die even if one of his limbs was gone. He will slowly regenerate to his original form in a few minutes. 

 

Kironinx, who saw his brother was injured, roared and appeared in front of Revioryx and Kairi. His claws thrust toward Revioryx's head. Revioryx, who was aware of his attack, had to release Kairi and dodge them. 

 

Kairi swings his sword at him. Revioryx again moved away and Kairi took his chance to disappear and appeared beside Dark Hartina and Rafiz while Kironinx went to fight Revioryx next.

 

He looked at Ziphoteninx and was relieved that Ziphoteninx was not a normal being and wouldn't die even if he lost his head. But still, he was really angry and irritated by Revioryx's change of tactics. It was really hard to defeat Revioryx with his constant use of many skills and power. 

 

This shows how much Revioryx had learned and experienced since a thousand years ago after he escaped the Hell prison. Kairi realised he was an ancient monster and defeating him won't be that easy like walking in the park. He just wished those backers would come soon or he and everyone here might die.

 

Dark Hartina replied to him with a nod before he and Rafiz attacked Revioryx together.

 

"Grr! How dare you two betray me?!" Revioryx roared at them angrily.

 

He thought the two of them would continue to stay with other Deorc Star users. But it seems he was mistaken. He does have an inkling that these brats might one by one turn their back on him. It seems it was time for him to kill everyone in Dorothia.

 

"You are not our real king! Because of you, our real ancestors were tormented, killed and used by you!" Dark Hartina yelled back.

 

He was furious. Moreover, he really wants to kill Revioryx and end this meaningless war. Kairi patted one side of his shoulder.

 

"Control your anger, Hartina. Concentrate, so we won't make mistakes fighting this monster." He told him through telepathy.

 

Dark Hartina gritted his teeth before closing his eyes. He took a deep breath before releasing it, controlling his rage that erupted after remembering what had happened to Elesioth. He calmed down a bit soon before Kairi left him to attack Revioryx once more. 

 

Kairi and Rafiz use close-range attacks while Dark Hartina uses a long-range attack. The latter helps them when they fail in an attack or were attacked by Revioryx. Their cooperation helps each other’s weaknesses or blind spots.

 

Their tactic enraged Revioryx and he began to attack more violently. His body also released a very strong aura that caused the wind to surround him. The wind made the dust lift from the ground and it accidentally entered Dark Hartina's eyes. 

 

He had to close his eyes and quickly open them. He was startled when Revioryx appeared close to him while swinging a crescent-shaped weapon at him. He recognized the sickle from Elesioth memory.

 

The weapon was the thing that defeated Elesioth and captured all the twelve Bright Star users in the past. He was unable to react fast and Revioryx cut both of his hands instantly making him scream in pain. His weapon fell along with his hands.

 

"Hartina!" Kairi and Rafiz shouted.

 

Kairi flashes beside Dark Hartina and takes him away while Rafiz swings his blade toward Revioryx. Revioryx moved his sickle to clash with him. 

 

Dark Hartina bit her lip, holding back the pain. Kairi immediately unleashes his healing powers on him. He was startled when Revioryx's laser beam was coming at them. He wanted to make a shield but Ziphoteninx appeared in full recovery and destroyed the attack with a swipe of his right claws.

 

"Kairi, hurry and heal him!" Rafiz told Kairi before he dashed toward Revioryx once more with Ziphoteninx and Kironinx.

 

Kairi replied with a nod then focused his power on healing and restoring Dark Hartina's hand again. Due to his constant use of power, the healing process on Dark Hartina was slow. Kairi starts to get restless as he sees Rafiz, Ziphoteninx and Kironinx in difficult situations.

 

"Damn it!" Kairi thought.

 

"Ka, Kairi..." 

 

He looked at Dark Hartina who called out to him.

 

"Leave me... You must… defeat him… So, leave me…" Dark Hartina said slowly. 

 

His chest fluctuated rapidly because of his pain. Kairi shook his head. 

 

"No, Hartina. I'll heal you first. Without you, we'll be in trouble defeating him." 

 

He then increased channelling his healing power to Dark Hartina. Suddenly, both of them felt uncomfortable. They realise Revioryx was not everywhere and become alert.

 

Kairi and others were shocked when Revioryx appeared again with his mouth biting the air. What was strange was that Kairi had moved position a little far from Dark Hartina and the appearing Revioryx. Then, they realised someone else was near Kairi.

 

"Dark Reammut?!" Everyone was in disbelief.

 

"Time Domain Activate!" 

 

Dark Reammut ignored their surprised expression and used her power once more with the help of Tucana. She grabs Dark Hartina and goes to Kairi. It seems Kairi along with Ziphoteninx and Kironinx can move in her Time Domain.

 

"Let's leave first!" She told Kairi.

 

Kairi understood and quickly went to grab Rafiz. Ziphoteninx and Kironinx follow along and they leave the area quickly. They have moved to somewhere far from Revioryx. A moment later,  Dark Reammut realises her Time Domain has died. 

 

She slumped her back to a tree after putting Dark Hartina beside her. She leaned against it and panted heavily. The continuous use of her power eventually forces her body to feel exhausted.

 

Dark Hartina looked at her with astonishment. "You… Thank you."

 

Dark Reammut just nodded at him. She was very tired to reply.

 

"You are Tucana?!" Rafiz finally saw her emblem chain.

 

"Wait! You're not Tucana from this period of time." Kairi's eyes widened when he went to see her memories because he was curious about what she had experienced.

 

"Yes..." 

 

Dark Reammut closed her eyes. She felt like she was going to faint but not yet because she hadn’t finished telling them what she had seen in the future. Except, she didn't have to when she saw Kairi nod to her.

 

"I'll explain to them. You have done well, Tucana. Rest now."

 

Her eyes tear up. "Thank you… Your Majesty. Just… Please… Please don't let Revioryx absorb your power again... Please..." 

 

"I won't let it happen." Kairi promise.

 

He gives her a sad smile because he saw everything from her memories. Their future… Was horrible! He couldn't believe it until he saw his own future person who was actually talking to him while warning him about Revioryx.

 

Then, he watches Dark Reammut again, slowly falling asleep while everyone around them has turned quiet. It was because they heard something bizarre from them just now.

 

"Wha, What happened, Kairi?" Dark Hartina asked.

 

"Oh, sorry, Hartina! I forgot about your injuries!" Kairi immediately resumed his healing power on him.

 

"Kairi, what do you mean Dark Reammut is not from this period of time?" Rafiz asked in a low voice because he didn't understand.

 

Kairi looked at him and everyone there. He told what he saw in Dark Reammut's memory, from the beginning when Dark Reammut rescued two of their soldiers, taking them to their treatment camp until Dark Reammut was with them now.

 

He doesn't explain everything, especially Dark Reammut's relationship with Dark Chronos. He didn't want to embarrass her. He would let her tell them if she wanted to later. 

 

After he finishes, Dark Hartina finally recovers his hands while looking at everyone's expression that shows shock, surprise, horror and anguish after knowing the story of their future. They all looked at Dark Reammut.

 

"I never thought... She saw what transpired." Rafiz shook his head. 

 

He was trying to accept it. After all, he didn’t want such a future or imagine everyone dying in front of him.

 

How can Dark Reammut be able to hold herself together…? Rafiz stares at her in awe.

 

"She's strong... Stronger than any of us." He thought silently.

 

Kairi sighed. "With the help of me from the future and everyone's last power, they have sent her to the starting point of our impending future. She has changed where my power was absorbed by Revioryx which makes him stronger. She… Has saved us all. We must thank her later for her sacrifice."

 

Everyone there nodded in agreement.

 

"And you guys got yourself another family member. Let's do our best to gather all of your stellar family again." Ziphoteninx told them. 

 

"Heh! That's right... We have to start calling her, Tucana from now on." 

 

Dark Hartina smiled before he exercised his two hands to ensure he had no drawbacks later.

 

"And now, we can't let Revioryx bite Kairi and absorb his power. How can we make sure that didn't happen though? Is our future still related to the future she saw?" He asked them.

 

Kironinx nodded his head. 

 

"If Kairi still got bitten it might still happen but… Fate has changed because Tucana has changed the true path of our future destiny. Now, no one knows what our next destination will be. We need to be more cautious when fighting Revioryx after this."

 

Everyone agrees. 

 

"Ziphoteninx, can you send Tucana to the treatment camp? She'll be safer there from being here." Kairi asked for his help.

 

"All right. You're all, please be careful, understand? I'll go first." Ziphoteninx disappeared along with Dark Reammut.

 

Suddenly, a roar from somewhere was heard by them. They look sternly in one direction.

 

"Looks like… Revioryx turned into a monster without absorbing your power, Kairi." Rafiz commented.

 

"Heh! As long as he has not absorbed my power, we still have a chance to beat him. In Tucana's memory, our help will come in another hour. We must survive until that time." Kairi told them.

 

This time, they will not allow their future to happen as they know it.

0