CHAPTER 77: ECONIA
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What'd you say?" Rafiz's eyes widened.

 

Ledeigh and Pisces have been brought back to their treatment camp. Aquarius and Undria then heal their injuries that cover all over their bodies. A day later, they woke up again. Pisces told them what happened and shocked them all.

 

"I'm going to inform Kairi about this." Ziphoteninx appeared beside Rafiz and then disappeared in a blink of their eyes.

 

Only Kironinx was left and he was in his small dog size form. Dark Undria and others could only stare at these two beings that look like a wolf but can talk. They no longer think it's strange since they knew Revioryx was a monster.

 

Kairi, who was looking down from his balcony, was startled when Ziphoteninx appeared beside him. He also was surprised by the information brought to him.

 

"Could it be that the monster came from the Ethina Zone?" Kairi guessed with a serious expression.

 

"If they are, that means the defence wall surrounding it is no longer activated." Ziphoteninx thought so too.

 

"Do you think other than the reason to destroy Dorothia, Revioryx went there because the Ethina Zone was in the north of the kingdom? If he does, he might be the one who destroys the defence wall. The entire Dorothia and the kingdom nearby could be in danger!" Kairi went pale.

 

"Ziphoteninx, please tell Leo about this terrible news immediately! Ask him to gather Dorothia survivors and teleport them straight to the shelter in the Southeast. Tell him to send some Bright Star users to inform other kingdoms nearby to increase their defence and vigilance against the escaping monsters. Also, please inform Auriga to take a lot of people to clean up the shelter so we can welcome the survivors." 

 

Kairi's orders come nonstop but Ziphoteninx understands his concern.

 

"I'm on it!" He disappeared once more.

 

Kairi, who was left alone, sighs heavily. He still felt it was all his fault for letting Revioryx become stronger.

 

"It will take a long time for my power to recover. So, I must at least be stronger in my fighting skill." Kairi thought and stood up.

 

He took a deep breath and lowered his leg to a fighting stance. Then, he does some exercise to exert his fighting art to the fullest. Even without power, he must maintain his battle state.

 

Ziphoteninx returned an hour later. He stares at Kairi doing his exercise.

 

"You know, you have another way to recover your power faster but..." Ziphoteninx didn't finish his sentences because Kairi knew what he was indicating about.

 

Kairi shook his head. "I can't take the power from all the Bright Star emblems, Ziphoteninx. They need it to protect themselves. I'd rather see them safe than see them lose their life." 

 

Andreit and Lisione also mention the same thing. He can get full recovery if he absorbs the power from all the emblems but all the spirit beasts will lose their power and become very vulnerable. Similarly, all 32 Bright Star users won't have power anymore.

 

"Are you sure? Most likely, with the return of your power, you can remove Revioryx's curse on you."

 

"True but the probability it won't work is high too. I would not take such a risk just to end up regretting it later. Andreit and Lisione also said Revioryx's curse was complicated for them to detect in my body. Even Lady Visyilan couldn't help me and she is the Goddess of Curses..."

 

Andreit and Lisione once came to visit him after Ziphoteninx told them he was awake. They had examined the bitten part as well as Kairi's entire body but there was no way to eliminate the curse.

 

"Let me call Visyilan. She knows a lot about curses because she's the Goddess of Curses." Lisione said then her eyes turned dark, a sign she was communicating with someone in her mind.

 

Soon, the colour of the eyes brightened again. 

 

"She'll be here in a moment." She told them.

 

"Visyilan... If I'm not mistaken, isn't she the one that changed Dark Howlan to have a dog's head? Hm... Maybe I should talk to her if she could forgive him. I feel bad if he always looks like that when he becomes one of us later..." Kairi thought quietly.

 

A beautiful woman appeared a few minutes later.

 

"Are you the one who got cursed? Oh, I forgot. I'm Visyilan by the way." She introduced herself. 

 

Her voice was so melodious that everyone there liked her instantly. What’s more, Andreit was looking intensely at her. Kairi and Ziphoteninx could see his feelings but he seemed so awkward right now. Lisione smirks because she was aware that her friend has been in love with Visyilan for a very long time but didn't dare to confess.

 

What a coward… She thought silently.

 

"Yes, I'm Kairi, Miss Visyilan," Kairi replied politely.

 

"Oh, dear. Just call me, Visyilan. I don't dare to make you call me with an honorific." Visyilan chuckled. 

 

This made Andreit stare at Kairi sharply. Kairi swallowed his saliva but was not afraid of the look that wanted to kill him for making Visyilan call him dear. Lisione hit Andreit's shoulders to stop his glaring action. 

 

Furthermore, they should show their respect to Kairi who has another big identity. No angels wouldn't recognise who Kairi and Rafiz were when they saw them. Especially their true identity in the Heaven realm.

 

"Ok, let me see where you were bitten by Revioryx before." 

 

Visyilan, who was oblivious to her surroundings, went near Kairi.

 

"Err… It's here…" Kairi opens his neck collar slightly where the bite mark was still visible on his right neck.

 

And he also saw another furious flare in Andreit's eyes. He would have never thought that Andreit was easy to get jealous of. Obviously, he's not even trying to seduce Visyilan and still got aimed by his killing glare. 

 

So, he slowly looked away. Rather than looking at Andreit which would make his head aching, it was better to think about Aries.

 

Huh? Why would he think about her?

 

Kairi blushed slightly. He jerked when Visyilan touched the bite mark.

 

"Is it still painful? The bite looks so deep and the skin around it has darkened." Visyilan asked him in concern.

 

"N, No… I didn't feel any pain other than feeling numb." 

 

Kairi answered and ignored Andreit who was now being held by Lisione. Because Visyilan was facing him, she was unaware of Andreit's manner behind her.

 

"Hm..." 

 

Visyilan stared at Kairi's neck before using her power. Her fingers emitted a glow of light and when she touched the bitten mark, a field appeared with a unique carving on it. Visyilan caught her breath when she saw the carving of the field. She looked at Kairi with sympathy. 

 

Kairi, Ziphoteninx, Lisione, and Andreit noticed her expression and began to feel uneasy. Visyilan lowered her hand and moved away from Kairi a little so that Kairi could stand up again. Before, Kairi was sitting on his bed to allow Visyilan to look at his neck more easily.

 

"Visyilan, can you break the curse?" Lisione asked.

 

"Erm... I can't break it unless I want him to die. Kairi, I am sorry. I don't want to make you more upset but you need to know that the curse on you can only be removed by the person who bit you. In other words, you have to kill Revioryx to get your life back to normal." Visyilan explained more clearly. 

 

"That's impossible! Revioryx cannot die so how can he kill him? He's an immortal being like us!" Andreit was shocked by this news.

 

Everyone looked anguished at Kairi. Especially Visyilan. She felt sad for not being able to help him remove the curse. Kairi let out a sigh and gave them all a reassuring smile. 

 

"Thank you, Visyilan and everyone for helping me out. I really appreciate it. By the way, Visyilan, can I know what payment you want for helping me out?"

 

Visyilan was startled to hear it. "Kairi, I don't need anything from you. We will try our best to help you because you are one of our friends. It's just that you don't remember us here... " She replied with a small smile.

 

Kairi understood what she meant. "I may not remember my past life but I think I knew you after meeting you all. Thank you, Visyilan. Oh, yes. Actually, I have one more request..."

 

"What is it?"

 

"Do you remember anyone that you cursed with a dog's head a few years ago?"

 

Visyilan thought for a moment. "Which one? I have a lot of people I curse with a dog head because they have no respect toward me."

 

Kairi chuckled when he heard it. 

 

"Erm, there's one of our stellar users who had his head turned into a dog by you. I think you know his name. He is Dark Howlan."

 

Visyilan slowly began to remember who Dark Howlan was. 

 

"It's him, huh? Do you really want me to change his head back to normal? But he looks great with a Doberman dog head. Moreover, he seems so mature with such an appearance. The vibes he gave me was like someone who would take his duties seriously."

 

Her praise of Dark Howlan caused Andreit to look at her in astonishment before turning angry again. It was because Visyilan was praising someone who was not him.

 

"God, I feel so sorry for Dark Howlan right now. We should warn him beforehand if he doesn't want to die in Andreit's hand." Ziphoteninx telepathy Kairi silently.

 

Kairi nodded in agreement. "And I have to protect him or hide him somewhere so that Andreit won't find him."

 

Ziphoteninx huffed. Actually, he likes it more if Dark Howlan was beaten by Andreit. That guy was annoying with his howls.

 

"Visyilan, can you accept my request? I don't want my stellar family members to be cursed by you. And I apologize a lot on his behalf."

 

Visyilan thought for a moment. She certainly doesn't like Dark Howlan but with Kairi willing to plead for him, she had to forgive him after all.

 

"Fine. I'll break his curse later. But, can I not make his ears disappear? He looked so cute with them." She looked at Kairi with expectation.

 

Kairi and Ziphoteninx laughed out loud when they imagined Dark Howlan with the dog's ears that would show everything he felt. Truly, it might look cute on him.

 

"Yes, it would but I'm sure he'll go berserk and search for you again. And, this time to get rid of him too." Kairi said before he stopped his laugh. 

 

"I'm sorry, Visyilan. I want him to be in full human form."

 

Visyilan sighs and finally relents. 

 

"When do you want me to change his head? Now?"

 

"Not yet. I'll tell you when he is here."

 

"Okay! Now that nothing needs me here anymore, I'll be going back to Heaven first. See you again, Kairi, Ziphoteninx, Lisione and... Andreit." She smiled at everyone before disappearing from the room.

 

Andreit was stunned by Visyilan’s smile toward him. If his body could melt he would have long been all over the floor. Lisione could only shake her head before holding Andreit's shoulder.

 

"Sorry for not being able to help you with Revioryx's curse, Kairi. But, we will help you catch him later."

 

Kairi nodded. "Thanks for coming."

 

"You're welcome."

 

Lisione disappeared along with Andreit and they returned to Heaven as well.

 

Currently, Kairi slowly lets out his breath after finishing his set of exercises. He then looked at Ziphoteninx who was laying on one of the sofas. 

 

"I'm glad Leo and Auriga had prepared the shelter during these three years I was gone. The people of Dorothia and anyone in danger can seek refuge there."

 

"True. The place is wide and big enough to hold hundreds of thousands of people. It's just that a problem may occur if they stay in the same area." Ziphoteninx frowned.

 

"That's why we must put a divider or gate for them. Let's go. We still have a lot of things to do."

 

Ziphoteninx disappeared into the bracelet's mark. As for Kairi, he went back to his room and put on majestic attire which made him finally look like a king. He didn't wear a crown though because he didn't want to lose it during a battle. 

 

Moreover, since he couldn't use his power, he tucked some weapons around his clothes. Then, he came out of the room after putting on his outer robe. Four elite guards outside looked at him when he went out of his room.

 

"Your Majesty, where do you want to go?" Asked one of them.

 

There was a concern in his voice. According to normal etiquette, he shouldn't have asked their king anything and only followed him everywhere to protect him. However, their king was unlike any other king. He was friendly to them and cared for them. And they like him a lot.

 

Kairi smiled at them. He understood their worries because his health was still in a bad condition. Although it was not dire, he still could feel some pain from the bite mark sometimes.

 

"I'm going outside the palace. I'll be bringing some Bright Star users so there's no need to follow after me. But please make sure no one enters my room, okay?" He ordered them gently.

 

"Understood, Your Majesty! Please be careful on your way!" The guard answered him before he bowed along with the other guards.

 

Kairi nodded to them before he left. He met Virgo who was on his way to his room.

 

"Where are you going, Kairi?" Virgo looked confused.

 

"I'll tell you after our group members gather. Let's find the rest. A troublesome thing has come to us." He continued walking and was followed by Virgo.

 

"Alright. Aries went to her room while Gemini and Cancer were still in the canteen the last time I saw them." Virgo stated their location.

 

Kairi nodded and they went to Aries' room first. Aries was surprised by their arrival. She also asked the same question and was given the same answer by Kairi. After finding Gemini and Cancer, Ziphoteninx teleported them to their shelter which was hidden underground.

 

They saw soldiers and palace servants being instructed by Auriga, Aquila, Orion, Agi, and Canis to clean and tidy up the place. They have also ordered to build more sleeping tents since they felt there wasn't enough sleeping to accommodate the incoming survivors. 

 

Even so, fifty condominiums were built and they have thirty floors each. Each floor has twenty rooms with necessities like two bedrooms, one living room, a toilet and a small kitchen. Other buildings were made too. One of them was a public hall where Kairi or anyone might use it to announce something.

 

"Auriga and everyone did a good job. Everything is so clean." Kairi looked around the place with his eyes.

 

He and others had appeared on top of one condominium. He even saw some children's playgrounds and a wide field the same size as the battle arena. A training ground was also built which would probably be used mostly by soldiers or fighters.

 

"But it looks so plain," Ziphoteninx complains. 

 

"Then, why don't you make this place more lively? I would love to see these places feel more like home for our guests." Kairi requested him.

 

"Urgh... Fine..." Ziphoteninx would do it even if Kairi didn't request it because he truly dislikes this moody place.

 

So he flew above the shelter and gathered his power. Then he released it around him. Sparkling things fell to the ground. Everyone there except Kairi gasped in shock when they first felt a small tremble under their feet before they saw the earth split up.

 

However, it didn't harm them or destroy anything. Instead, a creek with water flows from the split up and moves around the entire area. Many viaducts were made to connect them from the area of the split up. And the creeks were connected to a pond that appeared in the middle of the shelter. 

 

There was even a slow dropping waterfall coming out from a hole above the pond and the surface has changed into visible water. It didn't fall on them and was stagnant above, allowing the sun from outside to shine into the shelter. A beautiful wave shadow from the lake above them also covered them and they even saw the living aquatic being swimming clearly above them.

 

Then, some trees and flowers bloom around the shelter in a nice formation. Ziphoteninx even made small flower pots appear on each side of the door in the condominium and decorated around the building too with flower bushes. 

 

Such decorations from him made everyone looking at the shelter feel so happy. The shelter finally felt like home to them.

 

Kairi nodded after seeing the changes. Since the area have split up by the creek, it was now easier to put survivors according to their respective kingdoms.

 

"God, this is not a shelter anymore, this is a city!" Virgo commented.

 

He and everyone were amazed by Ziphoteninx's power. 

 

"Thank you, Sir Ziphoteninx. This place really makes people want to live in it forever." Cancer said.

 

"Heh! It's easy to do this." Ziphoteninx replied.

 

"The place finally looked comfortable. But we can't call it a shelter anymore. Does anyone have any idea what to name this place?" Kairi turns his head to them.

 

"Syarantonia... Antonia... So, we need a name with 'nia' in the back too.. ?" Gemini finally noticed their royal city and kingdom's name.

 

"Onia. Haha! It sounds so weird." Virgo felt funny with the name he mentioned.

 

They all laughed too.

 

"Onia? Please, it doesn't suit this shelter. How about Econia?" Kairi suggested.

 

"Econia... Why choose this name?" Agi, who had just arrived with Auriga and others on top of the condominium, asked.

 

"If you look at this place, it has an ecology system now. Ecology is shortened to 'Eco' and added with 'nia', it becomes Econia which sounds beautiful, right?" Kairi explained to them.

 

"Wow, Kairi! That name is so wonderful! It has a beautiful vibe to it." Aries praised the name.

 

Kairi felt glad and happy by her praise and looked at her so lovingly. It makes everyone there roll their eyes at him.

 

"I agree." Support Gemini.

 

"Me too! I love it!" Virgo thought the name was suitable.

 

Everyone else agreed too and they named this shelter Econia. A day later, Kironinx appears along with Dorothia survivors. They all gasp at the sight of Econia. While they were stunned, Kairi walked closer to them. Dark Undria, who also came to the place, looked at him while Ledeigh and his comrades were behind him.

 

"Welcome to Econia! I am Kairi, the king of this kingdom. I welcome you all here. Please be at ease.  You can all move freely around here and choose any room to your liking." Kairi welcomed them as he pointed toward the buildings.

 

"You are free in Econia but need permission if you want to come out to the surface. You can ask permission from the entrance guards here. And I am sorry. I don't want to lock you up here but with the situation of being attacked by your kingdom's soldiers in the last war, they still can't accept you all with open arms. They need some time to welcome you. Alright, you may choose your own sleeping resident now. Please follow our soldiers. You can also ask them anything you need for your quarters."

 

He can see the survivors have calmed down a lot from Revioryx's attack. They were only a little nervous now. It seems Leo and other Bright Star users have got some of their trust. If not, they won't leave Dorothia to come here willingly. 

 

After seeing the survivors disperse and follow after his soldiers, Kairi went to Dark Undria who was staying with Ledeigh's group of assassins.

 

"You are Dark Undria?" He asked since this was their first meeting.

 

He had heard that Dark Undria and Dark Markia were still alive from Ziphoteninx before. Dark Undria nodded before bowing respectfully to him, surprising Ledeigh and others who saw it.

 

"On behalf of Dorothia, I thank you and the Bright Star for helping us, Your Majesty." Dark Undria politely said to Kairi.

 

"You're welcome. Heh! No need to be formal, Undria. I only speak formally when needed but I'd rather not use it. Call me Kairi only and I will call you, Undria. Fair, isn't it?" Kairi smirks.

 

"Erm... All right, Kairi." 

 

Dark Undria thinks he likes the leader of Bright Star's personality. He felt closer because there was no boundary when they called each other names.

 

"Come with me. We can discuss anything you need in the meeting chamber there." Kairi pointed to a big building.

 

The building was made for all the Bright Star users and honourable guests to live for a while when they were here. It even has some rooms for their use. One of them was a meeting chamber.

 

"General?" Ledeigh looked at Dark Undria.

 

"You can all disperse and go rest." Dark Undria told them.

 

"Let me follow you. I still don't trust them around you." Ledeigh volunteers himself to protect Dark Undria.

 

He has been giving his respect lately toward Dark Undria since the latter healed him. Dark Undria let out a small sigh and nodded. He let Ledeigh follow. Is not like he can stop Ledeigh who was stronger than him.

0