CHAPTER 92: HEART
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I'm worried about Kage. It's been a few hours now." Dark Amilia was getting anxious.

 

Currently, they were hiding inside a small chamber where it seems to be the cleaner room to rest. They fought the monster for more than an hour and were still unable to defeat it. Moreover, the monster wasn't alone. It seems to have friends and it furthers their hardship to kill the first one.

 

"Amilia, don't think about Kage right now. With the monsters around us here, I think Kage might... Be dead or held hostage to force us to surrender." Dark Ceilius whispers to her with a grave expression.

 

Dark Amilia was startled to hear it but she knew Dark Ceilius was right. She bowed her head down with sadness and fear. But then she remembered Kairi.

 

"Do you think Kairi would notice we're in trouble here and send help?" She asked with hope.

 

Dark Ceilius was silent for a moment.

 

"We can only pray that he finds us missing then."

 

"That is our only chance. So, we must do our best to find Kage first. Hopefully, he didn't die yet." She truly wishes Kage would stay alive until they found him.

 

Dark Ceilius looked at her for a moment before turning to sense any monster nearby their surroundings. He pulls out a small pack of chocolate and gives it to her.

 

"If we want to save him, then we must have the energy to do it."

 

"An energy bar? Where did you find this? I thought our food was used up." Dark Amilia asked him.

 

"Always hide it for very extreme emergencies." Dark Ceilius grins.

 

"Good job then." She broke the chocolate in half and gave half to Dark Ceilius.

 

Half more she ate in one bite.

 

"Let's go." Dark Ceilius, who also finished his chocolate, opens the door slowly. 

 

He sneaks cautiously into the hall. His eyes were already watching the stairs which could lead them to the top. He just hoped the monsters were not gathering there. Though that hope subsided when he realised a sound coming from the side hall to the stairs. 

 

He immediately pulled Dark Amilia to a stop and waited patiently. Not long after, they saw a monster head first which slid on the floor. It was huge and covered half the hall itself. Dark Ceilius gathered his power in his hand. When the monster's head shifted toward them he released many sharp blades of ice toward it.

 

The monster screams when its huge eyes were damaged by the blades. Dark Amilia used her power next. The ceiling above the monster fell on it and buried it with the bricks of stones and sands. The sound of their actions was heard by the other monsters.

 

Dark Amilia and Dark Ceilius who knew they were coming already ran toward the door to the stairs. Dark Amilia also made the soils that buried the monster away from the door. As for Dark Ceilius, he opened the door after he reached it and continued to run upstairs with Dark Amilia behind him.

 

They arrived on the next floor and were startled to see a cobweb filling it from the ceiling to the floor. Many rows of something like mummified things were seen by them. 

 

"They... are humans!" Dark Amilia gasped.

 

"And they're dead…" Dark Ceilius narrowed his eyes.

 

He couldn't hear any breathing from the humans trapped in the cobwebs near them. This place seems to be the monster's food reserve chamber. He grits his teeth in anger before he faces her.

 

"They look like they've been dead for a few days. Their bodies are still in the process of decomposing. So that means..." 

 

"Kage might still be alive!" Her eyes brightened with hope.

 

Dark Ceilius nodded. Before they could move to search, he pushed her behind a large trunk made of the same material as the cobwebs. A moment later, they both see a monster crawling into the floor through a shattered window.

 

The monster stuck out its tongues from the part that looked like its mouth and moved to gather some mummified humans. Behind the monster's back which looks like a spider's bump opens up from the end. Inside, another tongue moves out and pushes something like a human remains out before inserting the mummified humans inside.

 

Dark Amilia felt nauseous in her throat but held it. The remnants of those human beings who were like a combination of several human parts were very disgusting. Dark Ceilius felt the same but ignored it.

 

"Come on! We can't waste more time. Who knows if Kage has already been eaten or not yet by this monster."

 

Dark Amilia understands. The two ignored the monster and slowly searched for the mummified humans carefully. Their steps should be heard by the monster but Dark Amilia had used her power to cushion the sound of their steps. They search high and low while sneaking around the monster. 

 

"Kage is not in any of it. Could it be, he was on another floor above?" Dark Amilia's mouth to Dark Ceilius without a sound.

 

Dark Ceilius understood her words and mouth back.

 

"To the above then."

 

So, they moved up to another floor and saw the same situation there. More mummified people in it. It was such an exhausting moment to search each of those mummified. The sad thing was that all of the humans there were dead.

 

"This floor has humans who just died. Do you think…"

 

Dark Amilia stare above them.

 

"It could be the alive one above. But, we are here to find Kage and escape this place. We can't save them."

 

"I know. It feels weird to be a good person after becoming a bad one for a very long time." She didn't see any monster there and whispered to him.

 

She also walks back to the stair again followed by Dark Ceilius.

 

"Amilia, we can't change ourselves in a short time."

 

"That's what I mean, Ceilius." 

 

Dark Ceilius chuckled. He flinched before he looked at his abdomen. The bandages already turned dark red with his blood. He doesn't know how he could still move around with such injuries.

 

That was a lie…

 

He knew the reason for it that made him even ignore the pain from all over his body.

 

"Kage…" He hoped his friend was still alive.

 

He also starts to get angry at Reviorxy who damn them all into this tragedy. If it wasn't for him, what kind of life and mistakes would they have made in this period of time. The twelve Deorc Star users, all of them knew they carry a heavier burden after knowing the truth of their power.

 

They were sure they cannot live in the light like their other stellar members. They can only live in the dark where they belong. No one would like them after they knew what they had done, right?

 

Dark Ceilius closed his eyes for a moment to calm his mind. He can't lose his focus on his anger. He needs to find Dark Kage and get them all out of here. His life or death doesn't matter to him as long as he sees them safe.

 

When they entered the next floor, they didn't appear in the next area but at the top of the skyscraper. Their eyes sharpened at one area where two people were waiting for them.

 

Dark Kage was seen by them beside the two people. He was unconscious inside an octagon-shaped crystal with arms and legs tied in a star shape. His power emblem was being played by one of the people.

 

An hour ago…

 

"They're slow..." 

 

One of the two people, who were both men, complained. He was sitting on a large chair made of human skeletons.

 

"I don't understand why you want to wait for the leader of the Bright Star to appear before destroying their power emblem. Wouldn't it be better if you destroyed it now?" Ask the other men beside him while his hands were folded on his chest.

 

He was also staring at the dark sky. It was turning lighter showing it was going to dawn soon.

 

"It's more interesting to see his angry face this way. And by the way... It seems to me that you haven't killed Dark Reammut yet, huh, Chronos?"

 

"What I did with her is none of your business, Revioryx."

 

Revioryx rolled his eyes at him and pondered silently.

 

"Hm... Could it be that the vessel that replaced him before is confusing his feelings? Didn't he realise it yet? Idiot, his vessel has feelings for Dark Reammut! This is what happens when you share your body with a live vessel… Maybe I should kill that sleeping vessel." He narrowed his eyes.

 

"Don't try to get into my mind, Revioryx if you don't want me to destroy you..." Dark Chronos snapped before glaring at the latter.

 

"Oh... Are you sure you can destroy me? Without thinking about this first?" Revioryx asked as he manifested a glass ball.

 

Inside there was a pair of small black wings that surrounded something like a heart shape. The colour of the heart was also black mixed with a little red.

 

"Don't forget. Your life is in my hands, Chronos. All immortal beings have only one life and to make sure their bodies don't die, they have hidden their true hearts. Unfortunately, your heart was found and taken away by those angels who hate you."

 

Dark Chronos frowned. He could feel the thing in Revioryx's hand was his real heart.

 

"Heh! They are also foolish for not destroying your heart and killing you right away. Their mistake is that I can have you now. Without you, I would not have been able to free myself from Hell. Thank you very much! Haha!" Revioryx laughs while reminiscing about the past.

 

Dark Chronos gritted his teeth. He had become a slave to a monster that he and other angels have detained more than tens of thousands of years ago. He was supposed to be able to defeat Revioryx but with his heart that was in this monster's hands, he was unable to harm him. 

 

Even so, he was relieved that Revioryx had found him and freed him from his confinement in the Hell realm that was buried thousands of feet above the surface. For thousands of years he was tortured in his prison and century by century, he hopes to get his revenge on the angels that traps him there.

 

He will never forget who they were. Once he gets his heart back someday, he would bring what hell looks like to both Hell and Heaven realms. He had made vows to destroy them since the first time they confined him.

 

"Heh! They finally arrived. So slow!" 

 

Revioryx can sense Dark Amilia and Dark Ceilius coming their way. When they appeared and saw him, their eyes changed to resentment.

0