Prologue-02/02-Complete
74 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After another pause in the monologue, the image quickly blurred, and became a war room, where well-dressed leaders, who showed their authority, were around a round table, where above it was projected several and countless plans, which were quickly discarded.  Suddenly, from the main door of the hall, a uniformed man appeared, with his cap under his arms, and medals resting on the right side of his chest.  His face was that of a steady man, with scars on his face, and many more that were hidden under his uniform, showing everyone that any medals he had were completely deserved.

"Then a man came up with an idea, which despite being totally hated, despised, and which many tried to refute, was the course plan to be followed, that was none other than that captain of the Ark, John Richardson."

"Gentlemen, you are ignoring one possibility, even though you have already considered them all."

"Captain John, you honor us with your presence here. What is this possibility that we ignore, even though we haven't stopped thinking about plans for more than a week, and we haven't even come up with a decent plan?"  Said one of the leaders.

"Release the Ark again."

After a brief silence, a man stood up with clear irritation on his face, and slammed his clenched hands on the table before snarling.

"The Lord more than anyone should know that such a possibility does not exist! The people are already adapting to the idea of ​​staying on this planet, what would happen if we said that we should leave our new home? And where would we go? Even if we had a destiny , and what would we do? Always flee from planet to planet?"

"The Lord misunderstood me. I said we should release the Ark, and nothing more."

The stressed man regained some of his composure, sat down again and nodded, urging the captain to continue his speech, which quickly lived up to expectations.

"If you were going to chase someone, what would you choose, follow the means of locomotion, or try to guess at random their final destination?"

"We understand what you mean. But do you really think letting the Ark drift alone in space is our best option?"

"And who said she would go alone?"

"Huh?"

"A captain always goes down with his ship."

After the sentence, all the leaders present were at least astonished, even horrified.  But they were even more so when they saw the determined face of the man, who didn't even show a trace of emotion when he volunteered for such a plan.

Again the scene had changed, giving way to a huge farewell party for the two who had saved them and their families.  That day before launch, Captain John made one last statement.

"I leave today not with sadness, but determined with the mission, and my heart rejoices, the hope of one day returning home."

And so, with the promise of return, he departed, and hopefully, confounding our attackers.

Years after parting, we returned to venture into the beautiful and mysterious void.  After a few more years, we had our first extraterrestrial contact.

And so, years and years with different events passed... it seemed like an eternity... but the Ark never returned, and today while some study, admire, and even celebrate and commemorate its existence, others have gone in search of it. , hopeful of bringing back home, along with his creator mother, a long-lost son.

And you child?  Whose existence is like a star in the midst of infinite others... What will you do?

1