Morning deliveries
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  It is 7 AM in a beautiful city called Ruby City, Alex, and his boss get in the same car. Alex gets in the front seat as the passenger, and his uncle goes in the driver's seat because the car they got in belongs entirely to Var Rodriguez, who owns a restaurant called Luigi's Pizzeria. While Alex's uncle was driving to work, he asked his cousin.

  "So. Uh... You own a second Luigi's Pizzeria in a Mall, right?"

  "Yes," respond Alex's cousin honestly because he needs to know how does this business work.

  "Cool. So. You know a guy who wears purple and he is in a gang who is working there?"

  "Of course I know him. A boss's job is to know every man he is working for him and that guy is like you and me, a Spanish American, but who draws more from Spanish because his whole family moved here for several reasons. But one of them is sure that the crisis of people coming from abroad is the reason why he came here because the people from abroad are better paid than those from the area where they live. Something like brothers, one does the job for little money, and another does not do it because he does not like the salary he receives."

  "I understand, so you hired me because I don't ask for a lot of money from you?"

  "Not exactly. I hired you here just to help you become a better person. Look, your mother and I have talked about your past problems, and both of us decides to help you become a better person, by letting you live in a new city and working as a pizza delivery guy. If you tried to work at something big like in an office, it would be hard these days because the boss requires capable people, not people who had a bad past like yours."

  Alex beginning to look at the window and then, without his consent, ask his cousin.

  "Do you think I could ever go back to my hometown?"

  "Yes. And you know why? Because once a bird has become free, he will return to their home one day. And don't worry, the people will forget you when you would come back there."

  After that, Alex said nothing because his cousin has made him think about a few scenarios in his past while he was still a high schooler and drug addict. Back then, Alex was about to die so many times because of drugs and being in debt with a few seniors who are the way too rich even for University standards. But the reason he wanted to go back there is that he has a girlfriend there, who loved him not because of drugs or money... The girl loved Alex because of who he is, a reliable guy, and a guy who knows how does a villain and hero look.

 

  After a few minutes, Alex and his cousin arrive at the workplace. Alex's cousin goes straight to his office and there they go to do their business to make this property gains the sweet profit. Alex takes the pizza delivery counter, and his cousin goes to the office to fill some important papers that are essentials to make this business run. When Alex has got into the counter, a guy came to him carrying a few pizza boxes and ask him.

  "Are you ready to deliver these?"

  "Who ordered that much pizza in the morning?" ask Alex that guy who just put the pizzas into the box back in the scouter.

  "I don't know and I don't care. The only thing I care about is the money, so just go deliver those pizzas to this destination."

  That guy handed to Alex a ticket which is written the destination name and he started to leave immediately driving this scouter to the destination where this madman has ordered that much pizza in the morning. The address indicates a showroom that is close to City Hall. While he was driving to that destination, Alex was thinking to buy a car, but what kind of car they sell there and how much does it cost.

  It took a good few minutes to drive on the morning roads of Ruby City, and these roads were not so crowded as it is morning, and many people wake up this morning to start a new day of work that is part of the daily life of a citizen who graduated from high school and has a college or at least a post-high school. Alex arrives at the showroom and there he sees three guys waiting outside for the pizza to come. Alex stops the scouter close to those three guys and takes from the box those pizzas. Alex handed the pizzas to them, and one guy, who seems nice and old gave me the money for those. He thanked Alex for delivering those and before he was about to leave, one of those guys from yesterday looked at me and ask me.

  "Hey! You aren't the one who came to our gang yesterday?"

  "Sorry, but you probably ... maybe confuse me with someone else. I was at work yesterday." says Alex feeling kinda scared.

  "No... You are that guy who put that motherfucker down by electrocuting him. And you know what? I can respect that! That guy is an asshole! He sells his wife just for drugs."

  Those two looked at us feeling scared that they are part of this event, so the two decide to go to the showroom to continue their work. But when they leave, that guy who is a gangster comes to the boy who delivers and asks him something that makes Alex curious.

  "Do you want to do me a favour? If you help me, I could help you in the future to get a car. What do you say?"

  "What is the favour about?" ask Alex feeling intrigued.

  "It is pretty easy. All you have to do is to take a car from the scrapyard. Don't worry, that doesn't count as a steal because the people there throws the car who pretty much still intact. If you can deliver a piece of Chevrolet and one Jaguaro to us, we could help you get some good money and even discounts here... So what do you say?" ask the gangster to the delivery boy.

  Alex stayed a few seconds of thinking and then he said to that gangster.

  "Sure."

0