Chapter 2
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The numbness I felt slowly loosened its control over my body. The message displayed itself on a pale blue screen-like display. My hand stretched forward to touch it but passed right through. At the time I could not help but liken it to those RPG games I had used to play. 

Goblin… huh so that’s what that thing was.

Ignoring the ‘System’, I looked down at the body of the beast that I had just slain. Except there was no longer any body left. In its place were three gold discs with strange carvings on them. I picked them up. They were lighter than what I’d expected, always having heard gold to be a heavy thing. Slipping them into my pocket I looked back to the display, which was no longer there.

What was that thing called again… System? Yeah?

When I thought that The blue display came back, but this time it was different. 

 

Name: Orden Ignus

Race: Human

Level: 1 (15/100)

Strength: F

Perception: F

Endurance: F

Intelligence: F

Agility: F

Magic: N/A

 

I stared at the ‘System’ for a few moments. It had my name and species correct at least. 

So are those reflections on me? If it’s using a normal grading system then that means I’m terrible at everything and by the looks of things it seems that my ‘magic’ is nonexistent. 

It was a few more moments before I started acting rationally again. I needed to find other people, safety in numbers and all that. Hurrying down the hallway I knocked on some of the doors calling out. There wasn’t anyone to be seen. 

Have they left? Maybe there was an evacuation notice I didn’t see. I suppose it would explain why there are…were only the two of us left in the building. I’d slept in and he never leaves. 

The lifts weren’t working, obviously, so I took the stairwell. I was on the street before long. Still there weren’t any others in sight. A few cars seemingly abandoned lay in the road. Moving towards one I saw the keys still in the ignition. I tried starting the car but nothing happened. Nothing in this city worked. Then that dreadful sound came again, that terrible scratching. I peeked from the driver's seat of the car. A group…squad…cluster of goblins, I wasn’t sure of the correct terminology but would still refer to them as a group, it sounded most natural. A group of goblins rounded the corner onto this street. There were four of the bastards. They split up, each searching a different car. One of them was different from the others, it had some cloth wrapped around its head. It didn’t seem to be injured so I assumed it to be some identifying mark. 

Shit they’re going to find me! What to do? What do I have? Surprise. That’s it, they don’t know I’m here. But will I be able to take four of them at once? Well what choice do I have?

One of them approached the car I was in. I could see it in the side mirror. A hideous thing. The scratching got closer and closer until it stuck its head in the car. I saw nothing in those dark eyes, the goblins mouth opened, probably to alert the others to my presence but it was too late now. The door slammed close on its neck. There was a snap as it broke. The corpse shook for a few moments before exploding into nothingness.  

Congratulations! You have defeated 1 ‘Goblin’.

-15 EXP has been awarded to you.

-3 Gold has been awarded to you.

You have looted 1 ‘Rusted Blade’ from ‘Goblin

 

On the floor next to the car was a jagged piece of metal with some cloth wrapped around the base. I picked it up.

Finally, a weapon. 

1