Log 0: Imperium City Orders
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Log 0: 

Date: September 7th, 2190 I.C. 

Time: 02:19 

Location: Imperium City North Wall  

“Emergency!” 

“Emergency!” 

“Emergency!" 

The sound of the alarms blared from the highest pillar of Imperium City Palace, the beacon of hope in Imperium City that shone radiantly in the darkness without the presence of stars in the night sky. 

"This is Prince Alistar Lorian. We have a Class 10 disaster approaching north of Imperium City: 10 demon lords, 5000 Wyverns, 200,000 demons. Requesting all personnel to standby."  

I stand outside the towering walls of civilization. My goggles concealing my azure eyes scratched up by the debris flying my way as hordes of demons approached closer and closer to the city. The strands of my brown hair scatter across my face. My coat, made up of some near godly indestructible material, embroidered with the three shards of the Imperium City Crest at its chest, flapped in the cold wind clinging against my beige-colored khakis, which had been tucked into my ankle-length combat boots. The black soles of my boots dig into the soil as I stand my ground. A stern expression plastered onto my face, the same as the others around me. All of us knew that this night would be the one dictating whether the peace our predecessors fought for would remain or crumble at the hands of the demons.

The demons that we created. 

History had repeated itself once again. 

I clutch onto a long silver Gleafaver, a weapon that crossed a spear and a magician's staff. The glowing silver core embedded into its head emitted a subtle hue. A steel wire attached to its hilt, connected to the weapons case strapped across my left shoulder. Its rectangular body the length of my back, speckled with jagged lines, each flowing with a glowing blue Ether, the same kind present in my veins. 

A General comes forward. The iconic blue military cap covered her face. Her heels made deep imprints into the dirt with her every step. They were full of confidence and authority, something that only seasoned veterans possessed. 

“Close Combat Magicians!” Her voice boomed across the hundreds of rows. “Ready your weapons! When the signal comes, you will follow the Knights. Provide rear support!” 

She turns to me. My body shoots up like beanstalk. 

“Flag Bearers, activate the flags!” 

Upon her order, I inject Ether into my Gleafaver, the silver core emitting a much brighter hue than before. A rectangular-shaped flag materializes half an inch away from the staff. The three shards of the Imperium City Emblem present on it in all their glory. Each one representing a core principle of Imperium City. 

Virtue. 

Determination. 

Pride. 

The roars of cheering soldiers could be heard. The loud beating of war drums hit my ears. My heart beat accelerating faster than a cable car accelerating down a hill. The ferocious demons had come into view. Each one with their sharp fangs born at us as if we were challenging their authority. 

We were. 

And we gladly accept their challenge.

I plant my Gleafaver into the ground, its body standing on its own, the grand flag of Imperium City waving high and mighty. Taking a deep breath, I calm my nerves. 

“Fight with honor! Die with honor! These are the Imperium City Orders!” 

Welcome to Imperium City Orders. I know I've been putting out a lot of pilot stories lately but it's more just to jog my mind for future chapters of Heir de Winter. I've currently hit writer's block and need to let my creativity flow by writing different stories. Imperium City Orders is a modern fantasy mystery story set in a parallel world. It centers around the individuals who investigate dungeons but do not actually conquer them. Think of it this way, you always read stories from the perspective of Dungeon Conquerors/Divers/Adventurers but before they can go in and clear it they have to gather information on it. Who gathers that information? Other Adventurers known as Dungeon Investigators and those individuals are the ones Imperium City Orders will focus on. I hope you enjoy this short prologue and stay tuned for the next chapter!

1