Where the flower grows
12 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A world full of pollution. Trash everywhere. Diseases killing off most of humanity. No hope seems to be seen. Every plant rotting, all animals suffering, not a single light. 

A woman is cradling her precious baby. The baby is fast asleep. The mother coughs and stares sadly down at the baby. 

She carries a deadly disease that only effects older women such as herself.

The father of the child has already left to find another woman to have a child with, in the hopes to grow the human race's size. 

The woman has no hope. She has no other option. She must get her child somewhere safe. 

The orphanages are too crowded and officially don't take any more children in. The father can't do anything and the child has no other family. The woman doesn't know what to do other than one thing. 

She stand and goes to the kitchen where she grabs a large basket. She places a pillow in it and wraps the baby in a blanket before placing it down on the pillow. The woman picks up the basket and heads to the river. 

She knew down stream was doing better on survival but didn't have enough people. She pushed the basket and it went down the stream. The woman collapses and breathes her last breath. 

The baby bursts out crying as it awakes from its deep sleep.

*******

The baby is now on the other side of the river. The river had washed out to a lake and now the baby slowly bobs in the small waves. The baby looks around and sees something yellow and white floating on the surface with some dead lilypads.

It reaches for it and grabs onto it tightly. It picks it up and lays back down to fall asleep. 

*******

A young man is pushing a net through the lake's water when he hears the babies cry. He instantly drops the net and swims to the basket. 

He grabs the basket and brings it back to land. He examines the baby once he's ashore.

"What poor thing . . . Where are you from?" The man moves the baby into his arms and the white and yellow thing falls into the basket. 

"What's this?" He picks it up then gasps. A flower. A plant that is blooming. 

He rushes up with the baby still in his arms and goes to his chief to show him that the world has hope. The plants are back. They were free once again.

1