Chapter 3
31 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After two hours of walking, the sun had already passed and the moon took its place above.

 

Leen, with her brand new sword that glowed fluorescent blue due to the moonlight essence it had absorbed from the moon, walked along with Felicite, her starter guide for a day.

 

They arrived at their destination, the basic weapons training facility.

 

"Oh, good evening there, mademoiselle Guide. Is she a newcomer?"

 

A guard approached Felicite.

 

"Yes, monsieur, she is; could you please let us in? It's pretty cold outside"

 

Felicite was smiling beautifully as she requested.

 

"Oh my mistake, please come in, the instructor is inside."

 

The guard bowed as he opened the door for the two young women.

 

As they went inside, Leen noticed there were a lot of decorations for a place called ‘basic weapons training facility’, from marble statues of people holding swords to golden ones.

 

"Pretty nice, right mademoiselle? They said, the head Instructor here is very rich; oh look, we're here."

 

Felicite opened the double doors that had a sign that said ‘Training Room".

 

The door creaked and attracted the attention of the players inside.

 

Leen went in first before Felicite, the two beautiful young women, made the men focus on them like prey.

 

"Oh a newcomer, welcome"

 

A man wearing a white V neck shirt who looked like he was in his late 20's approached and greeted them, then said.

 

"Lass raised, you're rapier, let's spar."

 

Leen, who was half-bowed from the man's greeting, opened her eyes wide at his sudden declaration.

 

She silently panicked and silently asked for help from Felicite, who too was startled.

 

"Um, monsieur Instructor, she's a beginner."

 

Felicite explained but the instructor said.

 

"I know that's why I'm asking for a spar to see her potential, young lass; now shall we?"

 

Leen was still panicked but soon agreed to the instructor's proposal to spar.

 

 

At the center of the wide room there was a gladiator's pit meant for sparring. It was wide enough to not hinder movement and the people from the top could easily spectate.

 

They both went inside while the players from above them whispered.

 

"Lucky she got picked for a spar by the head instructor."

 

"Yeah, if she avoided his first attack, she would get free agility points."

 

"I know, right? By the way, did you have the chance to get sparred with? "

 

"Yeah, but I lost on his first attack."

 

"Unfortunately for you, I escaped his first attack but got hit and lost on his second."

 

"Lucky"

 

"Yeah, his second attack felt faster than the first one."

 

"Suush! Its starting "

 

Under the eyes of the other players, Leen's heartbeat raised as she drew her sword.

 

"Let's see what you've got, lass, let's start at the count of three."

 

The instructor said as he went into a stance.

 

Leen tried to copy the instructor's stance as this was the first time she had drawn a sword.

 

"One!, Two!, Three!..."

 

Leen's eyes were solely focused on the instructor when she saw a light coming at her.

 

"Point Swordsmanship, Point Shot!"

 

It flowed like a butterfly at the speed of a bullet and hit like a pointed hammer.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

Leen dodged by a hair's breadth as she looked at where the instructor hit. It was cracked. and had a 2 inch hole drilled at the center.

 

[ You dodged the Instructor's first attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[You feel noticeably lighter]

 

"Don't worry, lass, I'll limit my strength proportionally to yours."

 

Leen's eyes were wide open, the same as her mouth as she breathed heavily.

 

And then a warning she missed the first time came again.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

A light targeting her right shoulder appeared, and she quickly turned her shoulder to avoid it.

 

[ You dodged the instructor's second attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[You feel noticeably lighter]

 

And without stopping, another one came, targeting her forehead.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

She ducked and rolled to her left.

 

[ You dodged the instructor's third attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[You feel noticeably lighter]

 

[ You dodged 3 life-threatening attacks in a row skill ‘Fated to live’ acquired ]

 

Leen took a quick peek at the notifications and saw the skill she had acquired.

 

"Oh, you're a strong young lady, aren't you? I'll switch my attack now, heads up."

 

Leen's eyes, which were already wide awake, grew wider at the instructor's words.

 

"Point Swordsmanship! Point Crescent!"

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

The instructor swung his sword rather than stabbing it like the first three, and as if the crescent moon appeared in front of Leen, she dodged the wide attack, but some of her hair got cut.

 

[ You dodged the Instructor's fourth attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[ You feel lighter ]

 

"Hahaha! Good young lass"

 

Like a maniac, the instructor laughed.

 

Leen peeked at what happened to the wall at the instructor's new attack and saw a crevice and cracks.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

Again, without warning, the instructor attacked.

 

But now Leen felt her body was so light and easy to move that she high jumped and avoided the crescent doom.

 

[ You have dodged the Instructor's fifth attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[ You feel lighter ]

 

Leen was shocked and moved by the way she thought of it as she breathed heavily. She was nearing her limit.

 

And then, without stopping.

 

[ Death is approaching! ]

 

She used all her energy to jump for the last time.

 

[ You dodged the Instructor's sixth attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[ You feel lighter ]

 

[ Death has been chasing you for too long and has become your friend, Title ‘Death's Friend’ acquired ]

 

[ Stamina is depleted ]

 

[ You can't move ]

 

[ Take some rest ]

 

"You're a really strong young lass, huh? But it looks like you're exhausted already. It's time to finish this. "

 

"The Instructor said with a smile as he began to chant.

 

"Point swordsmanship, I'll let you personally witness one of my greatest techniques, Point Grace!"

 

Like a comet shot, the instructor's body was swallowed by light from the tip of his sword that was pointed at Keen to the ends of his boots. He charged like a bullet at Leen.

 

The air pressure generated by the charge made the people at the top of the pit close their eyes then.

 

Silence…

 

[ Fated to Live has been used you unconditionally avoided a deadly attack ]

 

[Skill on cooldown: 3 hours left]

 

[ You dodged the Instructor's seventh attack ]

 

[ Agility has increased by 5 ]

 

[ You feel lighter ]

 

[Hidden Quest requirement completed! Avoide the Instructor's attack 7/7 times ]

 

[ You're a newborn star that appeared in Plutetia City. The title ‘Promising Newbie of Plutetia City’ has been acquired ]

 

[ Quest Reward for the hidden quest ‘Avoid the Instructor's attack!’ has been given ]

 

[ Skill ‘Point Dodge’ from the Point Swordsmanship Skill Tree has been acquired ]

 

 

Leen's breathing silenced the many notifications she received as the Instructor approached her with a smile.

 

"Be my disciple."

4