Chapter 122: Home Sweet Home
235 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Welcome to Zalaya Crafts!" [Staff]

A warm welcome resounded out of the store and into the open streets as Grey and Yuna entered the store. A familiar smile was about the staff's face as he greeted the two youths in front of him.

The shop in question was quite the large one, filled with various woodworks, glassworks, metalworks, and many more. All ranging in a variety of shapes and sizes. There was a lot of furniture to be seen.

Of course, it went without saying that Grey and Yuna were already wearing their disguises. As it proved itself useful yesterday, they did the same thing and only switched out their hair and eye colors.

Grey and Yuna's eyes were filled with admiration as they aimlessly explored the store, they wandered through each and every corner, satisfying their curiosities and looking over what products were available.

"Grey, how about that one? I think it looks nice." [Yuna]

"Hmm... I think so too, but... should we change the color and design? I think it's too distracting." [Grey]

As Yuna pointed her hand at a certain item, Grey's eyes followed immediately. The item was a large couch which was gold in color and had a lot of black embroideries all over it. It looked like something which was only good for showing off.

Currently, Grey and Yuna are shopping for furniture and appliances to decorate their new house with. After visiting the house early in the morning, they already had an initial plan of what to do. All that was needed was to buy the things they needed.

Thankfully, Grey had the "Inventory" ability. If it wasn't for it, they would take a lot of trips or maybe even hire a moving agency for it. It not only saved them time, but a lot of money as well.

"Excuse me, do you have another color for this couch?" [Grey]

"Yes, we do. We have navy blue, deep velvet, black, and cloudy white. Which color would you like?" [Staff]

"Mnm... Can we take a look first?" [Yuna]

"Of course." [Staff]

Guided by the male staff, Grey and Yuna headed deeper into the store where new furniture were displayed. From couches, to beds, to cabinets and drawers, there were a lot of things to be seen.

The couches the staff was talking about were just located near the rear side of the store. There was a much diverse selection of couches one could choose from, all coming in different designs and sizes as well.

"Oh!" [Yuna]

Squealed Yuna as she noticed a certain couch located at the far back end. It was navy blue in color and the design, while certainly beautiful, wasn't as overwhelming as the previous one they saw.

There was an even darker shade of blue embroidery along the couch's surface, one which was hard to notice unless one paid great attention. Not to mention it was quite large as well. It was enough to be comfortable lying down.

"Excuse me, can we try that couch for a moment?" [Yuna]

"Sure, go ahead." [Staff]

Permission received from the staff member, Yuna went ahead and tried out the couch she took a liking on. As soon as she sat, it was as if she sank, enveloped by the softness of the couch. It was clearly of high quality.

The comfort of the couch was one which was comparable to that of one found at a noble's residence. There was also the subtle warmth which will make sure to provide a little heat during the cold days.

"O-Oh! This is amazing!" [Yuna]

"Mhm... Do you like it?" [Grey]

"Yes! It's super-duper amazing and comfortable! Come one, Grey, try it out with me too! I'm sure you'll love it as well!" [Yuna]

As soon as Grey sat down beside Yuna, the same comfort Yuna felt greeted him openly. Even considering the couches he had sat on back on Earth, the one he was sitting on was definitely one of the best.

Childish actions were made by Grey as he tested out the couch, bouncing up and down a little to see how it really was. It went without mention that he was very satisfied with the results. He and Yuna would love to get it on their hands as soon as possible. A puzzle piece of their new home.

"How is it? It's very comfortable, isn't it?" [Yuna]

"Yeah... Should we go with these then?" [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

Things were settled quickly, there was no need for an argument. While the other couches also seemed comfortable, the simple yet artistic design of the navy blue couches is something which won both their favors.

"Excuse me, do you have any more of these couches?" [Grey]

"Yes. Would you like those with the same design only? Or is anything of the same color fine with you?" [Staff]

"Ah, we'd like the same design if possible, please." [Grey]

"I see... Then please follow me, I'll lead the two of you to our storage." [Staff]

Silently, Grey and Yuna walked behind the male staff as they headed to the storage. It was a large building connected to the furniture store which contained all products which had not been displayed yet.

The moment they stepped foot in the storage building, a mountain of wrapped items filled their eyes. It was such a spacious and tall area that one would definitely get lost if they were careless.

Shortly after entering the storage, the three arrived where the couches and the like were stored. There were hundreds available, all were neatly arranged and organized, waiting for customers to buy them.

"Here we are. How many couches would you like?" [Staff]

A polite smile floated on the staff's face as he asked such a friendly question. As for Grey and Yuna who were on the receiving end of the question, they didn't answer immediately as they eyed the variety of things to be offered.

"We'd like five please. One of the L-shaped sectional couches, one of the large ones, and three of the small ones. That would be all, please." [Grey]

"An L-shaped... one large... three small ones..." [Staff]

Mumbling softly, the male staff repeated Grey's words as he took a small booklet from his pocket. He quickly and carefully tallied what Grey asked for along with the prices of each piece.

Of course, with how comfortable the couches were, there was no way they costed a small sum. Just the couches alone was enough to fetch several thousand kiels. Grey was very shocked with how expensive furniture was on Merusia.

Grey did not immediately store the couches on his "Inventory". After all, they still have a lot to buy aside from the couches they just bought. Don't mention the whole house, they haven't even completed the furniture for the living room.

Thankfully, the store they were currently in offers different kinds of furniture for different kinds of settings. If they are lucky, they won't be needing to visit another store and purchase everything in one go.

"Ah, right. Do you also have beds here?" [Grey]

"We do have them. Would you like to take a look at our inventory?" [Staff]

"Yes, please." [Grey]

There was no need to get out of the storage. With how massive the collection of products were stored there, Grey and Yuna only needed a few steps before arriving at the section where all beds were stored.

Just like the deal with the couches, the beds were also arranged in an organized pattern. Oddly enough, if one looks at it from afar, it would seem like there are tall bunk beds present since the beds were stacked upon one another.

Of course, all the beds were maintained properly. Although they were stacked on top of one another, none had even the slightest bit of damage. Some sort of magic was at work throughout the storage building.

"Hmm... Do you have a bed with similar design as the couches from before? If possible, I'd like it if it was also of the same color." [Yuna]

"I'm sorry, but we don't have a similarly styled bed. We just sold out a couple days ago and are waiting to restock." [Staff]

Gently, the male staff shook his head, making Yuna feel a little disappointed. She had really fallen in love with the subtle and intricate design of the couches. Too bad for her, it seems like they won't be able to get a matching bed.

"Well... We do have beds of the same brand and quality. Would you like to take a look at them?" [Staff]

But the staff didn't let Yuna down for too long, he suggested a smart alternative which was just located a few more steps on the back. There, they saw clean white-colored beds lined up neatly.

Although much more luxurious and more detailed, they were bed designs which reminded both Grey and Yuna on the beds back at the "Rabbit's Den". They felt a little tinge of attachment just from seeing it.

"Do you have a bigger bed than this?" [Yuna]

"Of course, we have much larger sizes. We have all assortments. Single, Twin, Full, Queen, King, and Emperor. Which one would you like." [Staff]

The staff asked politely, but Yuna didn't answer. Or rather, she couldn't. While she could decide if she saw them personally, it was a different matter when only the names were mentioned. She has no knowledge of bed sizes.

Seeking for help, Yuna's innocent eyes eventually swam to Grey's direction. The moment he saw those eyes, he easily understood what she meant without even using telepathy. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself how adorable his girlfriend was.

Thankfully, Grey knew how bed sizes work. While it was a little different from Earth's standards, with the knowledge granted by God, it was a piece of cake for him. Well, even before Yuna asked, Grey already knew what to pick.

"Then, I think we'll have a King size bed, and... three queen sizes please. If possible, make them all of the same design." [Grey]

"Yes, as you wish." [Staff]

Yuna blew a sigh of relief after Grey's timely rescue. Now, she has become more timid after realizing how silly she has been. Other than colors, designs, and other attributes, Grey handled everything.

The trio quickly moved on from the bed area as soon as the male staff tallied everything once again. And once again, Grey and Yuna's expenses have risen significantly. It has more than doubled.

Cabinets, tables, chairs, desks, closets, outdoor umbrellas, and many more. Grey and Yuna swept through the storage room as they selected the furniture they took a liking too. It was the busiest day the staff ever experienced.

"That would be a total of 133, 220 kiels. Here's your change." [Cashier]

"Thank you!" [Yuna]

When all was done and settled, Grey and Yuna quickly left the store in search of another one. While they had bought all the furniture they needed, there were still the appliances, utensils, and aesthetic pieces.

Thanks to Grey's "Inventory", they only spent a little more than an hour in the first store. Of course, the staff members were very shocked by Grey's display of skill. It was like they were in a wild dream.

Heading off into the horizon, Grey and Yuna continued their luxurious shopping spree without any stop. Traces of excitement could be seen on their faces as they went store after store after store. It was a busy yet exciting day.

...

The sun has started to descend from its zenith. It was already afternoon. Some of the people were asleep, some were awake, and some were having their late lunches. It was a peaceful sight.

Throughout the morning, Grey and Yuna managed to buy everything their hearts desired. Of course, they also managed to spend an astronomical sum surpassing 600 thousand kiels. It was the most they spent in a few hours.

Currently, Grey and Yuna are already in front of their house, ready to give it a makeover. They have also withdrawn their stay at the "Rabbit's Den". In other words, they have fully become independent.

"Alright. Let's get working." [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

Enthusiastically, Grey and Yuna started unpacking things and placed furniture in their respective places. The couches in the living room, the beds in the bed rooms, the stoves in the kitchen, and towels in the bathroom.

With the use of magic and their impressive physical attributes, it wasn't that hard to move the furniture. Even when they are deciding how to move things, it was a lot easier as they could just easily compare the looks just by a simple push.

The living room which was only a large open space was now filled with couches, rugs, drawers, tables, and a few plant pots. While it may not be as stylish as modern day Earth which had televisions and whatnots, it was still a comfortable place.

As for the bedrooms, the kitchen, the dining room, and the other remaining rooms, they have also been completely furnished, with the furniture and appliances arranged at Grey and Yuna's liking. Time after time, the new house started to feel more like a new home.

After their work was finished on the inside, it was time for the outdoors. The garden. the small shed, and the empty space behind all received makeovers as they were filled with all sorts of things.

The garden, which was once filled with slightly overgrown grasses, was now filled with various flowers of different scent and colors. The garden tables and chairs were also placed carefully. Even when it was only a small space, it was the perfect area for peace and relaxation.

The supposed-to-be training ground was turned into a sound-proofed workshop with the use of Grey and Yuna's magic. It was a place where the two of them could perform their blacksmithing and alchemy anytime they wanted without anyone disturbing them.

Time passed even more and everything was complete. The halls which were once empty and lifeless were now filled with colors and personality. In just a few hours, what was a simple house had totally become a new place. One which provided comfort and warmth to the people living there. It has become a home.

"Hmm... Would this do?" [Grey]

Mumbled Grey as he hung a certain painting over one of the second floor corridor's walls. His eyes were full of seriousness as he went back and forth, trying to see which position and height was the best to showcase such a magnificent piece of art.

"Yuna, can you come here for a moment?" [Grey]

"Hm? Do you need something?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, I need your consultation for something." [Grey]

"Un! Coming~!" [Yuna]

Her voice full of enthusiasm, Yuna answered Grey's request. She was arranging utensils and cooking tools, but with a call from Grey, she quickly paused her work and headed upstairs to where the latter was.

"What do you think? Should I place it higher or is this height enough?" [Grey]

Asked Grey, but the latter did not answer. She was frozen in place as she saw the painting Grey was trying to display. Her face was soon painted beet red as she continued to look at the painting.

The reason was simple. It was because the painting Grey was hanging was a portrait which Grey had previously painted when they were back at Moterno. While she does agree it was a beautiful painting, it was still embarrassing to have one's own portrait be hung so brazenly.

"N... N... Nooo!!!" [Yuna]

"Huh? Do you really not like it that much?" [Grey]

"Th-That's not it! It's embarrassing! Please don't place it there!" [Yuna]

"Hm? Then how about the living room? There's still plenty of space there." [Grey]

"That's not the point. Please don't display it at all!" [Yuna]

Her face getting redder by the moment, Yuna tried to retort against Grey's decision. Unfortunately for her, Grey was also determined to display it somewhere just like what he saw in the other mansions' corridors he and Yuna had visited.

It took quite some time before Grey and Yuna settled with a decision. In the end, the painting was displayed over the master bedroom. Of course, it went without saying that Yuna was still embarrassed by it. After all, for her. It was just plain embarrassing seeing her face the very moment she wakes up.

Yuna's face as red as one can be, time passed slowly and sunset has arrived. The 5th bell had already rang, and people had started to go back to their own homes. It was a time where the city had started to slumber.

Clack Clack Clack

A familiar noise resounded all over the house as spatulas and pans hit one another. Along the sounds, an aromatic and fragrant scent also wafted in the kitchen, inviting over those with empty stomachs. Grey and Yuna were cooking dinner.

"A little bit of salt... stir it gently, and... done!" [Grey]

Just like the day before, Grey and Yuna cooked quite the number of dishes. While it was to celebrate their move into their new home, it was also because they were hungry from moving too much.

On the dining table, a plethora of dishes could be seen. From crispy fried chicken, to juicy skewers, and even savory stews. A lot of all time favorites were served. One which could feed an entire family.

"Waah~! What a delicious smell." [Yuna]

"Do you want to have a taste?" [Grey]

"Can I?" [Yuna]

"Yeah. We're eating them later anyways. Just be careful not to burn your mouth. It's quite hot, after all." [Grey]

"Un!" [Yuna]

Excitedly, Yuna grabbed a small fork and picked up a little bit of the stir-fried vegetables from the frying pan. She gently blew on it for a few times before feeding it to herself.

"Mmn! Yummy!" [Yuna]

A smile quickly sprouted on Yuna's face as she savored the flavor of the vegetables exploding on her mouth. While she had eaten it a lot of times already, she didn't grow tired of it, rather, she loved it even more.

As Yuna enjoyed herself, Grey took a bowl to place the stir-fried vegetables into. With it, their steamy and delicious dinner was complete. All that was left was to enjoy the meal and fill their stomachs.

""Thank you for the Meal!"" [Grey and Yuna]

A warm atmosphere enveloped the dining room as Grey and Yuna started filling their plates with the dishes they cooked. It was still their first meal in their new home, yet they already felt very comfortable.

It was just like when they were still in the forest. Even though there were only the two of them, neither of them felt lonely. Just by being in one another's company during their meals was enough for them to feel satisfied.

Slowly but surely, the dishes on the dining table disappeared one after another. Starting from the bowl of rice to the fried food and even the desserts they bought beforehand. All plates were wiped clean, not a speck of food to be seen.

"Here, give me that. I'll do the dishes." [Grey]

"Are you sure? You've worked quite a lot today. Wouldn't it be too taxing for your body?" [Yuna]

"Well, I could say the same for you too. Now, don't be too stubborn and hand me the dishes. If you still feel concerned, you can do our dishes tomorrow." [Grey]

"Okay..." [Yuna]

Obediently, Yuna picked up the plates and tablewares present on the dining table and placed them down the sink. Shortly after, Grey cleaned up the dining table, heading to the sink later on.

Unlike the inns and the mansions they have stayed at, Grey and Yuna had to wash their own dishes and clean up after themselves since there was no service available. Even then, neither of them found it annoying, but rather, a little relaxing as it made things feel more homey.

The sound of water streaming down the faucet resounded clearly throughout the kitchen as Grey started washing the dishes. Soap bubbles formed a foamy tub as the dishes were wiped clean one after another. It was a relaxing sight.

As for Yuna, she was only sitting near the dining table, looking at the back of the man she loves. For her, it didn't matter where she lived or how luxurious the place was. As long as Grey was there, it was home.

"Hm?" [Grey]

Grey's movements stopped all of the sudden, yet the water continued to flow. He was a little surprised because, out of nowhere, a certain figure hugged him from behind. Of course, it was none other than Yuna.

"Grey, I love you." [Yuna]

Whispered Yuna silently, her soft voice carried by the gentle nightly breeze. As her face became redder, her embrace also became tighter. Thankfully, she was hugging Grey from behind, otherwise, he would have seen how flustered she was.

Grey didn't know what Yuna was on about nor why she acted as such all of the sudden. All he knew was that her words were sincere and that he was happy to hear her words. A gentle smile appeared on his face.

"Me too. I love you, Yuna." [Grey]

Their hearts beating as one, the night went deeper with the passing of time. Soon, the chirping of crickets and the howling of the nightly cold wind enveloped their new home. Even then, all Grey and Yuna felt was warmth.

In their new home, memories have started to be made. Their first furnishing, first meal together, first night, and even more to come. It may still be new, but in their hearts, it has started to become special. One which they will treasure very dearly.

CHAPTER 122 END

5