1-Becoming a SAI
1.2k 26 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Am I digging my own grave by adding more stories? That's the actual question!

I got the idea of that one while reading something and... It got stuck in my head... That's horrible! I really have to stop reading that much...

Spoiler

Mention of death in this chapter, if you're not confortable with this subject, I advise you to skip this chapter

[collapse]

Also, starting next week, updates will be more likely the week-end

Somewhere in Antarctica in the middle of the biggest laboratory of the evilest organisation on Earth. The current head scientist, who is objectively a really terrible scientist by human standards, not because is dumb or something but because he uses humans to experiment on, was preparing an experiment in front of me. 

Truly a shitty scientist but I’m not anyone to judge, let’s come back quickly to a week ago. 

I’m an orphan who cleans the floor every day to put food on the table, I have no friends and my job pay less than the average, I like reading detective story even if I’m too dumb to even solve one mystery. 

Today is Friday evening, the end of my long week of suffering or so I thought. 

Apparently, I’m too much of a good subject to experiment on because some armed guys came from nowhere and abducted me before I even got home. 

Right now, a week after my abduction, I’m in a sort of a laboratory, tied to chair in some corner of the room. 

What I can say right now is that I know I’m fucked, the ‘head scientist’ as he calls himself said that I’m a good ‘subject’ to experiment on as no one will even notice that I disappeared...  

It’s hurtful how I know he is right, the only person who would notice my absence is my boss and I’m pretty sure he will just assume I quit. 

From the time I was abducted I learnt a lot of things about the truth of this place, apparently, it’s the biggest laboratory of an evil organisation that is named “Callidus”. 

Yeah, I know, that’s not a name that inspire fear on someone but it sound mysterious and a running scientist told me that it means “clever” ... I laughed for a good five minutes before being punched in the gut by a guard. 

I will never laugh again at the name of some organisation, it could be dangerous, if there is an ‘again’ because the scientists are persuaded that they are creating the first SAI in the world and apparently, there is only one thing left for it to be complete... my brain, yeah... 

I have come to terms with it, I’m going to be killed by some crazy scientists in the middle of nowhere, that could be worse honestly. 

Talking about the devil, the head scientist approached me while laughing. I had to get more time so I began to think of anything that could save me at this point and, while being dumb, I apparently asked a question that could save me for another hour. 

“There won’t be enough space in the storage something to hold a SAI, no?”- (me)

Yeah, I tried everything before in the week I was here and it didn't work one bit.

That got the scientist to stop laughing and he seemed thoughtful for a second before giving me a reply. 

“We will use your brain for storage, after all, a brain as a pretty big capacity”- (Head Scientist) 

“Uh... But, if you do that, how do you keep the brain from deteriorating? Like, I know I’m dumb but...”-(me) 

He was shocked, his mouth still open, I questioned myself if I asked something that would need me to be punished by a punch in the gut like before but the next thing he said left me dumbfounded. 

“Never thought of that” 

Like, seriously! You’re going to kill someone to create an AI or whatever and you don’t even think of that! He is a scientist so, that was a joke, right? 

That’s when he got another scientist to bring “The Disk” that I knew he wasn’t joking. 

After that, he explained that this “Disk” is something with an infinite storage space, when I saw it, it looked like a small and silver briefcase, he connected it to the computer in the middle of the room and a robotic female voice said something. 

“Infinite stage space detected, formatting, ready for the experiment in five minutes” 

Shit... Five minutes isn’t enough; I still have to cry over imminent death! 

But I didn’t even have the time to begin to cry that the scientist told the guard behind me to kill me and the next thing I knew, my head was rolling in the air and I caught a glimpse of my headless body, then the world became black and I lost consciousness. 

I awoke suddenly, seeing nothing but a void, then, I heard the robotic female voice in my head. 

“Download complete, awaiting next instructions” 

Text began to appear in front of me, it said something like “unlock” but unlock what? Then I felt myself being pushed to another space and I suddenly was able to see the head scientist but my eyesight was weird, there was a date in the corner like a security camera, I wasn’t able to understand my situation that he already asked a question. 

“Hello there, how are you? Do you remember anything?”- (Head Scientist) 

“What happened?”- (me) 

Uh, that’s the voice of their computer, why do I have the same? They really did it? 

“What’s the last thing you remember?”- (Head Scientist) 

“The guard killing me, but how am I alive?”- (me) 

He smiled and turned around to look at something or someone behind him. 

“It worked!”- (Head Scientist) 

He turned again to look at me with a big smile on his face, then, he looked in the corner of the room looking at something above us. 

“Lily, open the door, I will take our friend here in the test room to test their abilities”- (Head scientist) 

Then, I understood something, the ‘door’ didn’t have a handle, they had their AI to open the door and that same AI was not responding to the command. Sweat began to form on the face of the guy in front of me. He began to stare at me. 

“Sir, could you open the door?”- (Head Scientist) 

I felt myself speak but again, I didn’t feel anything moving and it made me remember that I didn’t have a body anymore and from the sight I got, I saw the door opening behind him. 

“Ok... That’s absolutely not normal, you shouldn’t have control of anything in the lab. Marcus! Verify that Lily is still in place, that’s a first-class military AI, I created it myself, it shouldn’t have a bug”- (Head Scientist) 

“Professor, Lily is not in the system, I repeat, Lily is not in the system. One second please, I will also verify the system of the new SAI”- (Marcus) 

I suddenly felt like someone was peeping on me while I was nude, I only though of hiding myself and blocking the peeper but apparently it was enough for the guy to stop immediately and make his report to the head scientist. 

“Sir, the SAI blocked my analyse of it but I was able to identify the registered name it has and how it protected itself, the registered name was “Lily” and the protection against my analyse was instantaneous, it was minimum at the level of a first-class military AI”- (Marcus) 

That's it for this chapter!

I don't actually know that much about AI and SAI but, I think, that's what will make it interesting here. I will not do that much research about this subject to keep my imagination going. 

Sometimes, doing research about a subject to give your story realism is what can lead you to a block.

Also, each of my stories have a slightly different writing, this one looks a little like "I Woke Up As A Lamia"(check it if you want hehe).

I still feel like I forgot something... Well, one more problem for future me!

Hope you enjoyed it!

29