Chapter 1
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I heard a knock on the door bright and early. After a few seconds I finally remembered what day it was. I jumped to my feet and got prepared. When I finally came out of the room, I saw the group with Fred waving at me.

As I headed toward Fred, I noticed that we weren't the only group waiting nearby. Several groups were waiting while some were already heading off to their destination. 

After a few minutes, our group was assembled and ready to go. Mark stood at the front of the group and comforted us that even if the tested results aren't what we expect that there is always other options in the world.

We finally departed towards the center of the city in which there was a huge stadium that looked like it could fit tens of thousands of people. Only when you look up at such a building can you realize how small we are.

Mark took our group to a side room which housed many of the people here to test their talents. After telling us of a few precautions he left to wait at the stadium audience. 

I took a look around this room and found that most people were sitting in their own groups and that although everyone was talking there was nobody going to talk to other groups.

After chatting with Fred and the others, it was finally time for the test to begin. 

We all began to funnel out of the room and onto the large field. On the field was a group of tents and the screens above held a currently empty leaderboard.

I noticed that our room wasn't the only room with kids that were waiting to be tested. In fact, there were dozens. 

After a little shuffling, we finally were told to stand and wait for a speech to be over before we were to be tested.

After a minute of waiting a man stood up from one of the rooms high above the auditorium. There stood a solemn man in an outfit that mixed both a top modern suit and a robe like bottom. His skin was a healthy bronze that looked like it came from intense training and had flowing gray hair that reached shoulder length.

He was the mayor of the city and the strongest wizard in the surrounding area. Through hearsay I heard that he was a 1st order Wizard, but with no point of reference these words meant nothing to me. 

After a few words he went back down and finally the tests began. 

Our group was around the middle of the line waiting for our turn to be tested. Each test was not too long only a few minutes and after each test a name and a number was ranked on the leaderboard like screen for all to see. 

 

On the screen currently, the highest number shown was held by a rather honest looking person. The number shown was 5.8 which when listening to the voices around was only considered decent. The numbers went from as low as a zero and up to as high as a 10. 

In most circumstances, a talent grade of 4 would be the minimum asked for by most wizard academies. 

It was at this time that a score suddenly popped up that excited the crowd watching

Nicholas Levras - 9.5

The Levras family was already known as one of the older Wizarding families known for their powerful wind magic. It was said that the head of this family was as high as a third order wizard although it was mostly hearsay.

Usually a grade of 4 or more means that you would have the potential to reach 1st order wizard, although unlikely. A grade of 6 would have a great chance (almost 50%) to grow to 1st order wizard. A score of 8 is all but guaranteed to become a first order wizard as long as they don't die halfway.

This high score seemed to detonate the tense atmosphere as the crowd went wild, the people around us no exception.

This score seemed to be the spark as high grades kept popping up. some at 5, some at 6 and even a surprising 7 popped out as well.

It was at this point that our group started getting called upon. The scores of us were around 2-3 which dampened the mood of those of us to come. 

In this tense atmosphere, it was finally Fred's time to head on. Waiting with bated breath, he finally came out with a grade of 5.3 which helped calm down my tense nerves.

It was then that I was finally called upon.

I headed into the designated tent and saw a wizard in a robe that covered them from head to toe. They gestured me to sit in front of him in front of a crystal ball. I sat in the designated seat and quickly fell into a daze. In that daze I seemed to sense a scene. It was then that I saw it. It was a massive storm that seemed to cover the entire horizon that rushed over like a massive river.

Right before the storm hit me I was put out of my daze and saw the crystal ball in front of me.

Al - 8.2

The score seemed to surprise the one in the cloak as he said the first words I have heard him say.

"8.2 is quite surprising. Now kid, put your hand on the crystal ball to check the elements that suit you." I did as he said and placed my hand on the crystal ball. When the palm of my hand rested on the crystal ball, a cold sensation flowed through me. 

Then the crystal ball showed me and the wizard a pie chart and list.

  • Water - Superior
  • Wind - Superior
  • Thunder - Superior
  • Fire - low 
  • Others - negligible

On the pie chart was the exact proportions of each talent. Water wind and thunder all filled in an almost equal proportion with fire only filling a negligible amount.

"Triple superior talent!" the wizard exclaimed. "Not only that but the elements can also match quite well. Congratulations kid." he said. 

After a little while a ding like sound came from the crystal ball. 

"This crystal ball may look like just a crystal ball, but it is an entire computer in the shape of a crystal ball with projection magic, now your grade and affinities have been passed on and interested schools will send you an invitation accordingly.

He then gently gestured me to leave the tent so he can test the next person.

After walking out of the tent there was a roar of cheers as my score appeared at the 2nd place position. After looking around I saw many people  staring at me full of amazement. After a few seconds of searching I found where my group was at and headed on over.

"Dude an 8.2! You're famous! Now everyone wants to get to know you." Fred said with a shocked expression. The other people around also came to say hey and chatted. 

After a while there was another person who had taken the second place and pushed me down a place.

Mavis Minestral - 8.6

As more names and grades appeared, at the end I was confirmed to have the third greatest grade in the city.

After another speech by the mayor congratulating us and comforting those whose score didn't make it, he finally sat back and we all started to go back. 

Before we were out of the stadium, there was a servant like person who asked me to stay as the mayor had asked me to stay for a chat. 

After apologizing to Mark and Fred, I went with the servant to a luxurious room where there was some of the people with the highest grades were present. After the top ten people were present, finally the mayor appeared.

0