Chapter 4- The itinerary
400 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What… do you mean by that?” Bee asked, hesitating every word she spoke. The meaning of Phi's question didn’t go over her head. It hung in the back of Bee’s mind yet it was something that she didn’t want to acknowledge. It was the elephant in the room that Phi wasn’t going to ignore.

I’m asking if we really want to bother helping the girl who ruined your life and killed you,” Phi stated, “If you want your revenge on her, this would be your best chance. Inaction is the loudest action after all.

“You’re joking. You’re telling me to something evil when I was just punished for doing something against her,” Bee spoke, her face turning green in disgust at the suggestion. She couldn’t believe what Phi was saying.

Do you think by playing a goody two shoes that you would be spared and god would reward you for your kindness? You’re too easily satisfied,” Phi scoffed. Her cruel voice echoed in Bee’s mind causing the girl to pale out of… shame? Bee can’t believe it but she felt foolish for some reason. “Let me tell you that good actions aren’t always rewarded and bad actions aren’t always punished. Alaine ruined your life and was rewarded with merit, love, and power. You were defending yourself and you suffered a hard life. And trust me when I say that Alaine wasn’t losing sleep over you taking her burden,” Phi continued, “I’m going to ask you one more time, do you think it’s worth it to help your tormentor?

A long pause fell over the two girls as they each waited for the other to say something first. Bee was absolutely speechless with how brazen Phi was with her darker motives. She couldn’t only say that because she wasn’t the one out here. It made Bee wonder if Phi was her own person or Bee’s devil on her shoulder. 

Such words would be asking god for divine punishment. The church taught when someone does evil to you, do good upon them to not dig your own grave. Bee experienced first hand what happened to cruel people after all. Wouldn’t it make sense to help Alaine? Yet Phi’s words resonated with Bee. Alaine… it might have been a different her yet that woman didn’t even hesitate doing cruel things to her. Who would say that Alaine wouldn’t follow the same path? And for sure she wouldn’t thank them for saving them… Alaine was that sort of person. Only showing face to those she wanted to benefit from.

How ironic. It was Alaine’s victim who was considering doing the right thing yet that woman never hesitated. Phi was right, fuck that bitch.

I see this is a bit much. We can-“

“No. I decided. We shouldn’t waste our resources on this fruitless endeavor. Let’s just concentrate on us,” Bee said, cutting of Phi. Bee’s hands clenched in a tight fist and her eyes hardened. Bee thought that she let go of all her pains and grievances to live a simple life yet it seemed easier said than done. That scar would be with her forever.

If it was even possible, Bee could feel Phi smirking at Bee’s decision. The girl cackled like a manic in her mind causing Bee to wonder if Phi was really a “good” spirit. 

Good! I knew you would come to the logical conclusion. Go team!” Phi cheered, deviously laughing like a little imp. Bee could only shake her head at her partner’s antics. One of these days, Phi was going to drive her mad.

“Yeah yeah. Amazing. Let’s just focus now,” Bee said, pinching herself to catch Phi’s attention once again. Ignoring Phi’s complaints about the pain, Bee just steamrolled to the point she wanted to make. “If we aren’t going to bother with Alaine for now, then what are we supposed to do now?” She asked.

Oh, we have plenty of issues to tackle. So many, in fact, that I’m not even sure we could handle all of them!” Phi said.

“I’m assuming one of those things have to do with my engagement with the prince?”

Ding ding ding! One point to you, miss smarty pants.”

“Phi,” Bee warned, clicking her tongue slightly. For a pair, Bee was sounding more like a mother the longer the two of them interacted.

Ah, calm down. Considering the typical plot conveniences for villainess duke daughters reincarnating, I’m pretty sure that this marriage is dangerous or something in the political landscape,” Phi explained, “I’m guessing that there’s two fractions and if the duke side with one with your marriage then there’s a danger of a civil war. Stop me if I’m wrong.

“You’re suppose to say that at the beginning of your speal, stupid,” Bee said, pointing out the pointlessness of Phi asking to be stop even though she finished. “And about your point, you’re not entirely wrong. With this marriage Claude’s fraction would be strengthened with the duke’s backing but he wouldn’t really need it since his mother is my mom’s cousin,” she explained, “I think this is more of a sign of good faith.”

Oh sweet. Incest,” Phi said, completely deadpanned and not at all her usual playful tone.

“Surprised?” 

Not really. Though I do admit I didn’t know about that. All I knew was that you two were engaged since birth.

“Now that’s surprising. I thought you know everything about me and Alaine since you read our stories.”

I only know surface level information. You make it sound like the author gave a shit about background or lore. Remember, the mysterious person who left Alaine the apple for her to eat yet never mentioned again? Shit author, I’m telling you. That being said, I need a crash course in magic, history, society, creatures, and whatever. I’m going off on instincts here, dude.

“Seriously?! You know nothing?!” Bee exclaimed, suddenly realizing how Phi was surprisingly helpless. Phi was here being a little know it all yet she actually knew nothing at all. 

Hey! Don’t yell!” Phi yelled back, flustered by Bee’s outburst. While normally Phi had no shame in asking questions for something she doesn’t know, she felt like the world’s biggest ass for the way she’s been acting up to this point. “Yeah yeah, smart ass me doesn’t know jack shit. Listen, partners help partners. Expand my horizon and I can expand yours.

“You got a point but there’s too much to cover. Just listen to my lessons and we can check out the library for more details,” Bee offered.

Fair enough,” Phi said, “Let’s just move on to our closing statements… that being our itinerary. 

“Please continue.”

Right. So besides for the engagement. We have to train ourselves to handle Alaine’s protagonist halo and get my dumbass educated too. We need to be top tiered characters if we don’t wanna get axed.

“Protagonist halo?” Bee asked, never hearing such a word. 

Um, it’s basically it’s when the world bends for the protagonist and they can get out of any danger. But we’re getting off topic here,” Phi said, getting distracted for a moment.

“Right. Sorry, continue.”

As I was saying. First we need to be ready for whatever the world could throw at us. That means we have to concentrate on or physical, magical, and mental capabilities.

At this, Bee sat up and slam her small hands against the table. If Phi had a body, she would have probably jumped at the sudden action. “No way! I have to study?! But I hated all that nonsense in my previous life!”

And that’s how Alaine got popular and you became dog food to the system. You weren’t wrong but you didn’t understand how the nobility worked. I admire you for you courage and skill as a mage knight but you have to value your status as a duke’s daughter,” Phi pacified Bee, “But hey! Who can say they have a little helper in their head? Two brains are better than one. All these lessons should be a breeze with me around.”

“Fine…” Bee muttered, pouting at the idea she has to go through all those annoying lessons all over again. The worst nightmare for every bad egg in school… have to do it all over again. “Ha… what else we have to consider?”

Okay. So besides that sort of studying, we should study ourselves and our connections. Usually with reincarnation and transmigration stories, the protagonist gets some OP skill. Since there’s two of us, doesn’t that mean we have double the OP-ness?” Phi said excitedly. Not giving a chance for Bee to asked ‘what does OP mean’, Phi answered it for her. “OP means Overpowered. Moving on, we should also look for allies and gain a significant standing in society.

“I understand allies but explain why we need popularity,” Bee asked, raising her hand slightly like a student.

Notoriety is a much stronger shield than you would think. People won’t be able to do anything to you if everyone is watching. Also, being well known comes with it advantages… especially if you’re considered a hero.”

“Good point. Have any ideas on the allies?”

Oh yes… a couple. Lady Beatrix, Lady a Rebecca, Madam Crystal, SirJerold, Mariana, and Caspian.

“Who… are they?”

Why… they’re your fellow villains of course.


———————

A/N: I updated chapter three thank so to some comments pointing out some mistakes. Some new lines were mad early but not vital to re-read for the story. Thank you everyone’s for reading and pointing things out!

7