CHAPTER 72: UNSTOPPABLE.
860 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

SILVERWOOD MANOR’S COMPOUND.

 

*SHOOSH*

*SHOOSH*

*SLASH*

 

 

The air whirled into a frenzy, stirred by the astonishing speed at which Helena and Chamberlin Eadulf moved. Their forms could only be glimpsed as blurs, locked in a fierce exchange that painted a trail of destruction across the Manor's Estate.

 

*SWOOSH*

*CLANG*

*BANG*

*WHOOSH*

 

"How does his speed continue to outpace mine, even as I pushed my speed to the limit? Among the ‘Ten Aura Masters’ on the continent, I hold the title of the 'Lightning Sword' due to the unique characteristics of my abilities. Yet, here I am unable to match the speed of this unknown Hooded Figure. How frustrating… But, it’s not solely my speed that has earned me the Title of Lightning Sword!”

Chamberlin Eadulf thought in his mind as he abruptly ceased his movements, coming to a complete standstill.

 

*WHOOSH*

*HALT*

 

“Huh!? Why did you stop? Are you gassed out already...?”

Helena asked, her tone carrying a tinge of surprise. as she slowed down before coming to a standstill.

*SWOOSH*

 

“…”

But Chamberlain Eadulf ignored her questions as he stood silently trying to block out any distractions.

 

"You don’t seem tired to me… or, did you realize the difference in our ability and decide to give up?”

Helena asked, her tone filled with provocation.

 

 

“Whew...”

*SHING*

Chamberlin Eadulf exhaled audibly as he sheathed his sword. The air surrounding him crackled, and visions of electric bolts began materializing one after the other.

 

“Huh? Did he think I’ll just watch him while he powers up?”

Helena said upon observing Chamberlain Eadulf’s actions. She dashed toward him, and in a blur, materialized in front of him, her fist clenched and poised for an attack.

 

*WHOOSH*

 

****************************************

SOMEWHERE ON THE BATTLEFIELD, WHERE EMPEROR MAXIMUS AND MASTER ZURRICK WATCHED THE ONGOING BATTLE.

 

“Your Majesty it seems, Lord Chamberlian is about to be killed. Shall I step in?”

Master Zurrick asked.

 

“There is no need for that.”

Emperor Maximus replied, his tone carrying unwavering confidence. Because he knew Eadulf’s strength, and this was not his limit.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

BACK TO THE BATTLE.

 

“Fist Barrage!”

Helena proclaimed, unleashing a rapid succession of fist attacks toward Chamberlain Eadulf. Her fists moved with such incredible velocity that they transformed into blurs, slicing through the air as they hurtled toward the motionless Lord Chamberlain.

 

*WHOOSH*

*SWOOSH*

*BANG*

*BANG*

 

***************************************

TWO MINUTES LATER.

 

"Why do my attacks seem like they have no effect on him, even though I'm sure they're hitting?"

Helena pondered in her mind. As she noticed Lord Chamberlain remained unscathed, with only his pre-existing wounds persisting.

 

*HALTS*

        

 

“What’s happening?...”

Helena paused, stopping her attacks as she sensed a strange Aura emit from Chamberlian Eadulf. She decided to retreat, putting a distance between herself and Chamberlian Eadulf.

 

*WHOOSH*

 

“...What was that strange feeling?”

Helena said in her mind, with a perplexed and cautious expression.

 

*SWISH*

 

“Why run?... Scared!?”

Chamberlian Eadulf said as he turned his gaze to the Hooded figure. His eyes filled with killing intent and determination, but his expression remained calm. Then he took a step forward, paused, and vanished from sight.

 

*STEP*

*WHOOSH*

 

“!!!”

Helena flinched as Chamberlain Eadulf vanished. She scans her surroundings quickly, with a perplexed expression.

 

“How is this possible?... I can’t sense his presence anymore.”

Helena said in her mind with a surprised expression after scouring the entire Estate with her Divine consciousness and could not find Chamberlain Eadulf.

 

*VOOM*

 

“AURA DOMAIN!”

Chamberlain Eadulf declared as he materialized behind Helena, his sword drawn. His sword, once ordinary, had transformed into a pure black color, with lightning-like markings etched on its blade.

 

“How...!?”

Helena said, with a panicked expression as she sensed Chamberlain Eadulf's presence behind her, but then she noticed that she was unable to move.

 

“You must find it impossible to move. Don’t you? That’s because you have stepped into my ‘Aura Domain.”

Lord Chamberlian explains as he circles around Helena with a calm and certain expression of victory.

 

“I guess because of how overconfident you are in your strength, you didn’t even notice the change in your surroundings.”

Chamberlian Eadulf revealed. The surrounding space had changed from the Silverwood Manor’s Estate to a dark deserted land devoid of life, with countless thunderclouds in the sky.

 

—-----------------------------------------------------------------

OUTSIDE THE AURA DOMAIN.

 

“Aura Domain. An ability exclusive to Aura Masters, elevating them to the apex of power on the continent. This ability mirrors the distinct strengths, talents, and latent capabilities of the wielder. It channels and magnifies these attributes to an elevated state, enabling them to surpass both physical and metaphysical boundaries. The result is an imperceptible dome customized to the individual's nature… Ho-hoho, what an annoying ability.”

Master Zurrick Thought in his mind with an annoyed smile while staring at the opaque dome, created by Chamberlian Eadulf.

 

—---------------------------------------------------

BACK TO THE BATTLE. - INSIDE THE DOMAIN

 

“Now your movement is sealed, I doubt you would be able to escape from this.”

Chamberlain Eadulf said as he raised his sword into the air and the clouds began gathering above him.

 

*RUMBLE*(Thunder sound)

 

“Aura Domain technique- Thunder God!”

Chamberlain Eadulf proclaimed, as the amassed Thunder clouds that span for a mile in the sky, swirled in an unusual circular pattern before unleashing a massive and potent lightning bolt that streaked down toward Helena.

 

*CRACKLE*

*BOOM*

*RUMBLE*

 

 

A resounding explosion echoed as the attack struck its mark, Creating a large crater and billowing cloud of dust.

 

“Huff… Huff… Keuk. Just using one of my Domain techniques almost drained me of all my Mana/Aura.”

Chamberlain Eadulf said as he breathed heavily while gazing at the destruction caused by his attack.

 

 “Even though he displayed overwhelming pressure before, he was too confident in his power and lacked caution. In a fight between Aura Masters, wits are just as important as speed and strength.”

Chamberlain Eadulf said in his mind with an exhausted expression.

 

‘Woah… that was close, if that had hit me my hood would have gotten a scratch on it.”

Helena said as she appeared standing beside Chamberlain Eadulf, staring at the destruction caused by the attack.

 

“???”

Upon hearing a voice beside him, Chamberlain Eadulf slowly turned his head towards it, only to find the hooded figure standing unscathed beside him.

 

“How-how… is this possible.”

 Chamberlain Eadulf stammered, his words faltering with a shocked expression as he locked his gaze onto the hooded figure. He couldn't fathom that his attack had proven ineffective.

 

“Surprising isn’t it…”

Helena paused as she turned her head toward Chamberlain Eadulf, meeting his shocked expression.

 

“...You thought you had restrained me successfully, with your ability but, that was just me acting… If only Alpha was here to see this performance…Sigh, I guess I’ll just have to show her another time.”

Helena spoke swiftly, and in a rapid motion, she seized Chamberlain Eadulf by the hair with both hands. Then, with a forceful and rapid movement, she yanked his head downward, and in the same fluid motion, her knee surged upward toward his face.

 

*SWOOSH*

*GRAB*

*WHOOSH*

 

“!!!”

Chamberlain Eadulf regains his composure at the last second before the knee connects. He strengthens the Aura protecting his face to resist the impending blow.

 

*BANG!!*

*CRACK*

 

But the power behind Helena’s Knee shattered his Aura shield and sent him flying into the air.

 

*WHOOSH*

 

“Keuk…”

 Chamberlain Eadulf grunts in pain as he flies through the air. He noticed that although his Aura shield was able to block the direct strike, the shock wave from the collision caused him internal injuries, which caused him to bleed from his nose.

 

*WHOOSH*

 

“Ugh…If I had been a second late in strengthening my Aura, I would have died… How is he still this strong even in my domain.”

Chamberlin Eadulf thought in his mind, as he felt excruciating pain in his head and entire body.

Hi guys, hope you like the story and the exciting fights. I want to give a big shoutout to Timothy, Liam Curtis, and Teresa for their amazing support on Patreon. Your ongoing encouragement is truly appreciated! If you would like to support, read ahead, or suggest character names check out my Patreon. patreon.com/Samjoe

 

22