CHAPTER 80: 12TH BLOOD LEGION
728 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO WEEKS LATER.

NIGHT AT THE NORTHERN BORDER OF THE THORKA EMPIRE - JǪTNAR FORTRESS.

Loud running steps resounded through the hallways as a knight hurried through the corridors with a sense of urgency, clutching a device in his hand. As he reached the end of the hallway, he slowed down before coming to a stop. He then glanced to his left at a large bronze door.

*PITTER-PATTER*

*WHOOSH*

*STOPS*

“...”

He stared at the door with a hesitant and nervous expression, but due to the urgency of the situation, he gathered his composure and walked up to the door.

“Ooof...Whew.”

He exhaled silently, his expression growing more determined as he used his free hand to knock on the door.

*KNOCK*

*KNOCK*

“Come in.”

a voice from inside the room responded, granting him permission to enter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE THE WAR ROOM.

The sounds of the war room's entrance door closing shut resonated in the air after the knight walked in.

*CREAK*

*BANG*

"I was tasked to bring—Keugh!... W-what is this eerie presence enveloping the entire room!?"

The knight thought to himself, his expression filled with terror. Cold sweat dripped down his forehead as he sensed the unmistakable, overwhelming, and sinister power emitted by the six beings in the room with his mana sense.

As knights reach the Grandmaster stage, they gain the ability to sense the presence of living beings within a certain range using mana sense. The stronger the Grandmaster, the larger the range they can cover, making sneak attacks nearly ineffective. However, there are knights with more sensitive mana senses, often referred to as a sixth sense. This heightened ability allows them not only to detect the presence of others but also to assess the threat level associated with the sensed presence.

“Sniff...hmmm, AAHN♥ ♥ ♥”

Seated at the strategic table, Betsy's eyes narrowed with satisfaction as she inhaled deeply, savoring the bouquet of fear that hung in the air. Letting out a low, throaty moan of pleasure, she turned her gaze to the knight, a predatory stare in her eyes and expression as she licked her lips slowly.

*SLURP*

[12TH BLOOD LEGION -3RD RANK-BESTY EMBERHEART.]

"Stand down, Betsy. I can tell what you're thinking from your expression,"

Kenneth commanded in a serious tone, noting Betsy's intentions.

[12TH BLOOD LEGION -1ST RANK-KENNETH EMBERHEART.]

*WHOOSH*

"Awwnnn... Kenny, but the smell is just so irresistible..."

Betsy said with a cute tone as she walked up from behind the knight, standing in front of him and looking up. Her eyes focused on the veins flowing with blood on his neck.

*THUMP*

*THUMP*

"... I just want a taste. I promise not to kill him," Betsy said as her lips watered, her fangs began showing, and her pupils became elongated like that of a beast. Just as she readied to attack, a massive shadow, ominous and hulking, crept behind her, casting a chilling vibe.

*CREAK*

Suddenly, the sound of a handfan hitting a palm resonated throughout the room, breaking the tension. The shadow also vanished with the sound.

*WHOOOSH*

*BAM*

"Why must you act and speak like a slut? Don't you have any class? ...Oh, pardon me, that was a rhetorical question,"

Lady Dorathy said to Betsy with a mocking tone. She took the fan in her palm, opened it, and covered her mouth.

*SWOOSH*

*SWISH*

[12TH BLOOD LEGION -4TH RANK-DORATHY EMBERHEART.]

“...”

Hearing Dorothy's words, Betsy stood facing the knight, silent and motionless. However, the air around her began to crackle with her intense killing intent, making it difficult for the knight to breathe. Eventually, he fell unconscious while standing.

"Of course, you have no class. I mean, who would have taught you how to behave? Your father... no, you never met him... Oh, or maybe your mother, that slut-"

Lady Dorothy continued with her mocking remarks until she noticed Betsy already coming towards her at an incredible speed.

*WHOOSH!!*

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, YOU BITCH!!?"

Betsy yelled with intense rage, her forehead covered with pulsing veins that normally would be hidden beneath the surface. Closing the gap between her and Dorathy quickly, she lunged forward, her right hand revealing long nails, sharp as blades, aiming for a killing strike.

“Hehe...”

Dorathy giggled with a blood-lusted smile and expression. With a swift motion, she revealed a hidden blade in her handfan, cutting the tip of her finger and drawing forth blood. In an instant, she vanished from her seat, lunging towards Betsy with a crimson-colored solidified weapon—a large war-hammer with an axe-shaped blade on one side and a brutal hammerhead on the other. Tightening her grip, she swung it with terrifying momentum.

*SWISH*

*SHING*

*SLASH*

*WHOOSH*

*SWOOSH*

Seconds before their attacks clashed, a figure appeared between them in the blink of an eye. With his hands stretched up and sideways, he attempted to intercept the attacks with his palms.

*WHOOSH*

*BANG*

A loud thunderous sound resounded, accompanied by shockwaves that knocked some of the furniture in the room over.

"Oho... those were strong attacks you used there, young ladies."

Alistair said with a smile, holding Betsy and Dorathy suspended in the air.

[12TH BLOOD LEGION -6TH RANK- NOBLEMAN ALISTAIR EMBERHEART.]

"ALISTAIR! MOVE OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY! SO I CAN FUCKING KILL THAT BITCH!"

Betsy shouted in an angry tone.

"HA! KILL ME? I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU TRY, DIRTY SLUT!"

Dorathy, with a mocking laugh, said with a taunting tone.

"Tch… so fucking noisy, I can't get a proper nap."

Kayle grumbled with an annoyed tone while lying on the ground on the other side of the room, with the couch he was lying on now thrown on him by the force of the shockwave.

[12TH BLOOD LEGION - 5TH RANK - KAYLE EMBERHEART]

"You know I can't let you ladies continue your brawl. Your little skirmish is sure to demolish this room and the entire building, creating a commotion that would alert the enemy to our presence. Or did you conveniently forget the instructions we were given?"

Alistair's reminder carried a stern and serious undertone.

"...Tch! I guess I will let you live for now."

Betsy and Dorathy grudgingly conceded to each other, freeing themselves from Alistair's hold and gracefully landing on the ground.

*THUD*

*CRAKLE-CRAKLE*

"...?"

A weird sound caught Betsy, Dorathy, Alistair, and Kayle's attention. They turned their gaze to its source to see Kenneth standing beside the unconscious knight, holding a device in his palm.

"-BZZT... I am KENNEDY CLAYLEDGE, and I would like to discuss the terms of your surrender-"

15