CHAPTER 9
3.6k 2 145
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?!" Maximus couldn't believe his eyes as he read the status board. The child before him possessed an S-class mana level. Initially, this would have been a cause for celebration, as it meant a transfer of mana to his male heir through the crystal. However, fate had other plans, as all the women he had slept with had given birth to girls.

There were only five known aura users in the world, each with unique abilities, but their specific powers remained a mystery. Maximus had the ability to steal mana from others, but it came with a condition. He had to consume a part of the person's body to steal their mana.

Maximus looked down at the defenseless child who possessed the power he had been seeking. Despite being a cold and heartless man, even he had boundaries he wouldn't cross.

"Well, I guess I'll have to wait until you're all grown up," he thought with an evil smirk as he gently rubbed Joon's face with his fingers.

His attention then turned to the palace system. "Helena... that shall be her name because she is my shining light."

[Name confirmed]

[Helena Von Merula registered in the royal family tree.]

[Calculating mana level]

[S-class mana level confirmed]

[Gender confirmed: Female]

[Begin mana extraction]

"No. Do not extract," Maximus commanded.

[Canceling mana extraction confirmed]

Ding

A notification board appeared.

"What now? Oh, I have a name. Helena. Hmm, I like it," Joon smiled. The name slot was finally filled. Getting a name was just the beginning. To survive in this world, she needed power, and to obtain it, she had to understand how the systems worked.

"Is there a way to switch the status board without swiping every time? My baby hands are getting tired," Helena complained.

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

WOULD YOU LIKE TO NAME THE SYSTEM?

YES

NO

"What do I gain from naming the system?" she asked.

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

THE HOST CAN SWITCH FROM THE MAIN SYSTEM TO THE SUBSYSTEM BY NAME WITH JUST A THOUGHT

"Okay... What name should I pick? I'm not good at naming... Oh, I have one. How about 'Alpha'?" she said confidently, selecting the name based on the skills in this system.

SYSTEM NOTIFICATION

X

NAME CONFIRMED: ALPHA

"Now that's settled. Now, let's address the main topic. How do I level up?" She inquired. After witnessing her father easily take a life without hesitation, she realized that this world operated on the laws of the jungle—survival of the fittest. There was no telling when her deranged father or someone else would attempt to take her life. However, with the systems, she could defend herself in this unfamiliar world.

ALPHA

X

THE HOST CAN INCREASE THEIR LEVEL BY GAINING EXPERIENCE POINTS

"Well, I know that. What I'm asking is how do I acquire experience points?" She clarified. Gaining experience points to increase one's level was common sense for gamers. The challenge was that every game had different ways to earn experience, such as killing monsters or completing quests. The problem here was that this wasn't a game where she could gain experience from NPCs, and she knew nothing about the monsters in this world. To make matters worse, she found herself in the medieval era as a girl.

ALPHA

X

THE HOST CAN GAIN EXPERIENCE BY KILLING ANY LIVING CREATURE AND COMPLETING DAILY TASKS, ALTHOUGH NEITHER IS POSSIBLE UNTIL YOU CAN WALK.

"Okay. Oh, I almost forgot, can Ella hear me when I'm talking to you?" she asked, concern evident on her face. She wasn't about to trust an unknown entity that had invaded her body without permission.

ALPHA

X

NEGATIVE.

THE SUBSYSTEM CANNOT DETECT THE MAIN SYSTEM WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION FROM THE HOST.

Helena let out a sigh of relief before switching back to Ella.

"I can't believe that a human like you would compare me..." Helena was surprised to find Ella still rambling on about the same topic.

Helena realized that time seemed to freeze when she switched systems. A smile formed on her face as she listened to Ella boasts about her greatness.

Interrupting Ella's monologue, Helena said, "Can you show me the system store you were bragging about?"

Ella frowned and turned her back towards Helena. Despite having lived for thousands of years, she had never encountered such a rude human before, and it was her first time encountering a thinking baby.

145