Chapter 17: Angel
3k 3 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Valkyrie Garden

 

“Huff… Huff… Huff. I think am… going to die if I keep running…Huff. System. how much time do I have left?” Helena asked while running in the garden. She was exhausted and sweating, and her beautiful white dress was no longer white, it had brown and green stains on it. Helena thought the mission she got from the system was a newbie mission and it would be easy to complete, but she underestimated the mission.

 

*Ding! *

System Notification!

X

The host has three more minutes until the mission is complete

 

 

 

“Huff… I can do this!!” Helena yelled. This was her second attempt at completing the mission. Who would have thought that the mission had a hidden condition. and it was a ridiculous one at that.

 

------Thirty minutes ago, ------

 

“Your highness I don’t think, it’s a good idea to run in the garden. Wha… what if you fall while you running and hurt yourself? I wouldn’t know what to say to the Head maid if you got hurt.” Nora complained. Nora was afraid that if the princess got hurt under her watch, she might get fired for not doing her job properly; this was just her first week on the job. If she loses her job, she would not be able to assist her family.

 

Helena ignored Nora's complaints. “Don’t worry about it. There is no way I would fall from running for ten minutes.” She said with a confident smile. Helena was confident because of the garden’s design. It was designed in a square shape with flowers, placed at the edge, and a beautiful female angel statue in the middle, that serves as a fountain. She plans to run around the outer edge of the garden.  

 

Helena’s words shocked Nora. “Ten minutes. Your Highness, why are you running for ten minutes?... you just woke from fainting a while ago…”

 

Her highness faints just from walking, nothing good would come from letting her run with her fragile body. I have to stop her. Nora thought.

 

“I think I am getting fat, so I need to do some exercise to reduce my weight.” Helena lied. There was no way she could tell Nora that she had to complete a mission given from a system only she could see. She would sound crazy if she said that. 

 

Nora steps in front of Helena to stop her from running. “Your highness, you didn’t think I would believe that excuse, right?

 

 What weight would a five-year-old have to lose? Nora thought in her mind. “I am not going to let you hurt yourself.” She said as she stretches her hand sideways to stop Helena.

 

Helena frowned. “How dare you stop me? Did you think because I am nice to you, and I touched your boobs a few times? You can tell this princess what she can do… you better know your place.” Helena spoke in a commanding tone while staring at Nora with a maddened gaze. Helena would have preferred not to speak to Nora in such a way because she was starting to get along with someone, but she would not let anyone stop her from getting stronger. 

 

I am sorry, Nora. but I can’t let you get in my way. She said in her mind as she runs past Nora, who stood silent.

 

------Six minutes later----

 

“Huff… I have been running for a while now. System. how much time is left in the mission… Huff.” Helena asked as she ran.

 

*Ding! *

 

 

System notification!

X

 

The host has three minutes and forty-five seconds left.

 

       

 

It feels like I have been running for hours. This body is too weak. why wasn’t I reborn as a boy? There is no use complaining now. As long as I have the system, I can level up and become the strongest… But was I a little… harsh on Nora? She was just trying to look after m-

 

*Thud*

 

*Kyaaah!!*

 

 Helena, yelled as she bumped her leg on a tree root while she was distracted by her thoughts. she falls to the ground, scraping her knees. “Ouch… Ouch, that hurts. Why is there tree roots here.”- well I guess you are not supposed to run in a garden like this. “Ugh… got to keep running, system. How much time do I have left?” She asked while sitting on and she held her left knee.

 

System notification!

X

The host has ten minutes left for the mission to be completed.

 

“What!!!... what do you mean ten minutes? You just said I had three minutes left seconds ago.” She yelled at the system.

 

System notification!

X

 

Mission: - Run in the garden for ten minutes before 24 hours is up. [15:01:25. hours remaining]

Hidden info: if the host is interrupted while running, the timer would be reset.

 

Helena, shocked by what she read on the status screen, frowned. “What the fuck!! that doesn’t make any sense. Why is there hidden information?” she asked.

 

*Ding! *

 

The host did not ask.

 

—----present time—--

 

*Ding*

 

System notification!

X

one minute fifty-seven seconds remaining until the mission is completed

 

“Huff… Huff… Huff.” almost there. You can do this, Joon! Helena yelled in her mind while running. Even though she was exhausted, injured, and dirty, she did not stop, because this was an opportunity to grow stronger. In a world where you can get killed at any time for being weak, she had no choice but to grow stronger, and with the help of the system, she could do that.

 

*Ding*

 

Mission accomplished!!

Reward: Stamina +2, 10Exp

 

“Woah… all my fatigue disappeared. Haha… ha, I Feel like I can run for twenty more minutes. Is this because of the reward I got from completing the mission?” Helena said with a smile. Her body had become lighter, and her fatigue disappeared as if she had rested for an entire day, so she continued running.

 

*Ding*

 

 

 Mission accomplished!!

Reward: stamina +2, 10Exp

 

Helena was shocked. She got another reward, even after completing it already. “Umm… system, what’s going on? Do you have a bug?” She asked while she continued to run with her stamina recovered for the second time. 

 

*Ding! *

 

Negative.

 

There is no Bug. The Host can complete this mission multiple times before the day ends.

 

The missions assigned by the system are divided into three.

Daily missions: Daily missions are given to the host every day and you can complete the missions multiple times before the day’s end.

 

Event missions: ??? [locked]

????/???: [locked]

 

 

 

“Wait a minute, isn’t this Op? I just have to complete this mission multiple times before the day ends, and I’ll be overpowered… Hahaha… Wait for me, world. Joon is coming to conquer you… Hahaha-ugh…pufft… a bug got in my mouth.”

 

—------Three hours later—----

 

 

Helena had been running for three hours straight without stopping to rest. Instead, her running speed increased over time. “System, open my status window,” Helena said while running.

 

 

 

 

*Ding! *

 

Host profile:

X

 

[Name]: Helena Von Merula

 

[Level]:0/3

 

[Exp]:0/300

 

[Race]: Human??

 

[Sex]: Female

 

 

[HP]: 15                                    [MP]: 80               [Attack power]: 1

 

[Magic attack]: 0                  [Strength]: 5           [intelligence]: 40

 

[charm]:45                   [Luck]: 15                     [Defense]: 7

 

[Stamina]: 2              Skills:>>>

 

 
   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Host profile:

X

 

[Name]: Helena Von Merula

 

[Level]:0/3

 

[Exp]:280/300

 

[Race]: Human??

 

[Sex]: Female

 

 

[HP]: 15                                    [MP]: 80               [Attack power]: 1

 

[Magic attack]: 0                  [Strength]: 5           [intelligence]: 40

 

[charm]:45                   [Luck]: 15                     [Defense]: 7

[Stamina]: 38                Skills:>>>

 

“Woah, my stamina and Exp increased a lot. Just twenty more minutes and ill level u–”

 

*Bang!!*

 

 Helena, who was running while checking the status window, could not see what was in front of her. Then she hit something and fell onto the ground and held her head as she felt a sharp pain from the impact.

 

“Your Highness are you ok?” the blonde head maid said.

 

“Who is this dirty slave that dares harm her highness?” the redhead maid said.

 

The unfamiliar female voices she heard shocked Helena. She opened her eyes to see who they were. She saw two women dressed in similar clothes as Nora, which meant they were maids. One with blonde hair and the other with red hair. They were both panicking while staring at something on the ground.

 

 What are they staring at? She said as she stood up and dusted her dress. She turned her gaze towards what the maids were staring at.

 

 “Woah… An angel.” 

117