Chapter 18
2.7k 3 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Valkyrie garden

“Woah… an angel.” Helena was surprised at how beautiful the child in front of her was. She had long, flowing silver hair and red eyes, with naturally beautiful long eyelashes. The girl lay on the ground with the back of her left hand touching her forehead. “Pffft…” Helena smiled while staring at her because she reminded her of the princess in movies she had watched in her previous life.

While the girls’ beauty fascinated Helena, the redhead maid walks up to Helena with an angry face. She raised her left hand and swung it to slap Helena but was interrupted by Nora, who jumped in front of Helena and block the maid’s hand. 

“Get out of the way, Nora.” She said. 

Nora ignored her and looked at Helena. “Your highness, are you alright?” She asked in a worried tone.

Nora's actions surprised Helena. Even after I said all those mean things to you, you still tried protecting me. I Am so sorry, Nora. Helena thought in her mind while she stared at Nora, who was concerned about her. Though she did not need to be protected because the maid was moving in slow motion in her eyes. She would have gotten out of the way even if Nora hadn’t shown up, but that did not matter because she was happy to be protected by someone.

“What are you doing? That slave attacked her highness. Why are you protecting her?” the red-haired maid yelled in anger.  

Nora frowned. “Leonie, how dare you call princess Helena a slave?” She said 

“Pffft… hahaha,” the maids laughed hysterically. “You call that a princess?... she is dirty and has purple eyes. Is she not a slave then… what is she?” Leonie asked Nora while staring at Helena with disgust. 

The royal family of the giggadon empire is recognized by inherited traits. silver hair and red eyes. According to an old legend passed down one thousand years ago. The first emperor of giggadon empire, ‘Cabel Von Murla,’ fought a giant flying beast that plagued his empire with fear, for three days and nights without rest. On the third night, the battle ended in the emperor’s victory. 

The first emperor realized after the battle that his hair color and eye had changed. and he had become more powerful than he ever was. Since then, every descendant had possessed this same feature. But there was a possibility that a child could be missing one of the royal family features due to the mother’s special bloodline. But this was only a theory discovered by the magic tower while researching the emperor’s blood one thousand years ago.

A thousand years passed and every woman that birthed a royal child gave birth to children, who possess both red eyes and silver hair. There has been no exception until five years ago when Helena was born. Even though she possessed one trait of the royal family, which is her silver hair, but her eyes were purple just like her mother. 

Nora was worried about how the princess would feel at hearing such words. So… she got angry and slapped Leonie across the face. 

*Pak!*

Nora’s actions shocked Leonie. She went silent for a few seconds as her eyes stared at something behind Nora and Helena. Then she falls to the ground and screamed. “Kyaaaah!... why did you have to hit me? I just asked you to apologize politely to the princess.” She said with crocodile tears running down her face.

Helena was shocked by Leonie’s acting. Her actions reminded Helena of how characters lag in games she played in her past life. She could not help but find it funny as she laughed. “... Pffft.” hahaha… that’s so funny. She got slapped in the face and reacted five seconds later. Hahaha… like-like is your server on 5pings… hahaha. She laughed hysterically in her mind.  

“What’s going on here?” A loud masculine voice asked behind Helena.

Helena looks behind to see who it was. She saw a handsome man who look to be in his twenties in a black butler-like suit. He had smooth brown hair and blue eyes. With an imposing aura surrounding him. And behind him stood two knights.

His eyes could be seen glancing through the surrounding, which gave the impression that he was trying to grasp the ongoing situation. His gaze stops at the blonde-haired maid who was tending to the princess. “Debota. What happened here?” He asked.

 Debota panicked by the man’s gaze could not answer his question. Unlike Nora and Leonie, who have just begun working as maids in the palace, Debota had been in the palace for over a year now. so, she could tell who the unknown man was. “L-L-lord.” she stuttered. Debota could feel a heavy pressure coming from his gaze as she tried to call his name. She could tell from his gaze that he meant for her to only answer his question. “While –”

Leonie jumped in front of Debota, interrupting her words. “My lord, I can tell you what happened.” She said with gusto. while wearing a pitiful face? 

He seems to be someone important if he can come into Valkyrie palace. I read a book that says that young noble men fall in love with commoner women when they save them from being bullied. so, I just have to pretend to be bullied and ill have him feel pity for me. Then I won’t have to work as a maid for a snot-nosed princess for the rest of my life. Sorry Debota, you missed your chance. She thought in her mind.

“My lord, we were just escorting her highness for a walk in the garden, suddenly, her highness was attacked by that slav–I mean princess Helena. But when we asked them to politely apologize to Her highness. she instructed her maid to slap me.” She spoke in a pitiful tone to get his sympathy.

“Ooh… is that what happened?” He said as he stared at her with a cold gaze. He turned his gaze towards Helena and frowned. 

“Escort princess Helena back to her room.” He ordered.

“Yes, lord chancellor.” one of the knights replied.

The knight walks up to Nora and Helena and pointed his hand toward the exit of the garden. “I’ll be escorting you back to your room, princess.” He said.

Nora, surprised at the man's attitude, wanted to voice a complaint but was stopped by Helena. who pulled Nora’s maid dress. “I am tired, Nora. let’s go back to the room.” She said while pretending to be drowsy.

There is something weird about this man. So, Nora, don’t argue with him, and let’s go. She thought in her mind as she stared into Nora’s eyes.

Nora sighed. “Ok, your highness let’s get back to the room so I can prepare you a hot bath.” She said as she picked Helena off the ground and walk out of the garden. 

After Helena and Nora left the garden. princess diamond who had supposedly fainted started to cough. “Cough… cough… is that you lord chancellor?” she asked in a weak tone.

“Oh… princess, you are awake, thank the Goddess of light,” Debota said in a cheerful tone.

“I thought something had happened to the princess. Buhuhuhu…” Debota said while crying.

I was faking it, you idiot. Diamond thought in her mind as she stood up from the ground and dusted her dress. “Thank you, lord chancellor, for coming to my rescue.” She said with a pretty smile on her face.

“Am unworthy of such words your highness. I am a loyal servant to his majesty, the emperor. I am just doing my duty.” He said with a cold face.

Tch… still as cold as ever. Diamond thought in her mind.

A knight runs towards the chancellor and whispers into his ears. He nods his head in reply to what the knight whispered and turned his gaze towards princess diamond. “If you would excuse me, your highness I have some urgent work to do. He said and walked out of the garden.

“Useless!... Useless. The both of you are useless. That dirty thing hit me, and you did nothing. what do I need you for if you can’t even teach that bitch a lesson?” Diamond yelled at her maids in anger while she bites her right thumb fingernails in frustration.

Just you wait Helena, ill have mother deal with you. Diamond thought in her mind. She stared at Leonie “At least you did something. But Debota, stay on your knees until the sun goes down. Let’s go, Leonie. Diamond said.

“Yes, your Highness,” Leonie replied.

Debota on her knees beg the princess for mercy but was ignored and she could only watch as they walked out of the garden.

102