Chapter 21
2.7k 10 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

—------------ Three months later—---------------

 

 

 

Giggadon empire

 

 

 

Royal palace

 

 

 

The Seventh moon had dawned on the Giggadon empire. Bringing about cold and snow, Winter had begun.

 

 

 

Inside the council hall, stood a large circular stone table in the middle of the room. It was crafted out of the most precious obsidian stones found in the empire, by the best stonemasons. The chairs that circled the table were made of fine mahogany wood, but one chair looked different from the rest. It’s made with cider wood; its rails were dyed gold, and the slip seat and splat had the royal family logo designed on them.

 

 

 

At the four corners of the council hall, stood large pillars that had one beast claw sticking out of each of them. The claws held a round crystal that produced light. And lastly, in the middle of the hall above the table was a statue of a beast with large wings, sharp claws, and fire spewing out of its mouth. It was carved into the ceiling by the best stonemasons at the first emperor’s orders a thousand years ago.

 

 

 

*Bam! *

 

 

 

A creaking sound echoed as the council hall door opened. And five men walked in dressed in noble attire. They walked to the middle of the hall and sat down on the chairs around the obsidian table, except for the one with the royal sigil.

 

 

 

To the right of the royal seat was Duke Balrus Winterwin. A gray-haired man in his sixties, who is dressed in a white-colored suit. House winterwin is one of the oldest houses in the empire. They have been loyal to the crown for five centuries and have had three women from their family become empress. They rule over the northern part of the empire where snow falls all year round. Their sigil is a giant polar bear.

 

 

 

And sitting to the left of the royal seat was Duke Kennedy Clayledge. A brown-haired, young, and handsome duke, who is in his early thirties. He is known as the most desirable man to the noble ladies in the capital. He is dressed in a navy-blue suit with a white shirt worn inside and a black vest. House Clayledge is a house of doctors. They are in charge of all hospitals and pharmaceutical stores throughout the empire, and they rule over the southern part of the empire. Their sigil is a mother nursing her child.

 

 

 

Sitting next to Duke Clayledge was Tower master Zurrick of the magic tower. He looks like an old man in his eighties with long gray hair and a long scraggly beard. He’s dressed in a white robe, which gave him the appearance of a sage. He is the fifth tower master of the magic tower and the first tower master to reach nine mana circles, making him the strongest magician in the empire and even the entire continent. The magic tower does not rule over any land territory, but they rule over the floating city. A city where only magicians live is over one thousand meters in the air. Their sigil is a tree with its branches connected to all nature’s elements. Fire, water, wind, earth, light, dark, and space.

 

 

 

Sitting on the right beside Duke Winterwin was Duke Frederick Blackport. A good-looking man with dark skin who is in his late twenties. He has long black braided hair, and he wore a purple suit with a purple shirt on the inside with a black vest. House Blackport was formerly a long line of pirates, but four hundred years ago, they swore allegiance to the emperor at the time. They were given the title of Duke and they ruled over the eastern part of the empire where the ports are located. They have over five hundred military ships and one hundred transport ships they use in importing goods from other countries. Their sigil is an anchor.

 

 

 

And sitting next to Duke Blackport is Duke Rolan Rainbridge. He is a fat man with red hair and is dressed in a red suit. House Rainbridge was formerly a Baron family just one step above commoners, but due to the contribution of the former head of the family, George Rainbridge, for ‘exposing’(reference Chapter 14) the Rottdal family corruption. After the Rottdal family fell, the Rainbridge family was rewarded with the Rottdal family business and the title of Duke. Their sigil is a golden scale.

 

 

 

In any normal scenario, these men could never stay in the same room together. Duke winterwin is a man who is proud of his long family heritage and thinks he’s better than everyone. He thinks Duke Clayledge is still wet behind the ears. He also thinks the tower master is a weird geek that only focuses on magic. And looks at the Blackports as a group of savages who do not deserve to sit in the same room as him. He also had the same thoughts about the Rainbridge family.

 

 

 

While duke Clayledge sees everyone as equals, he doesn’t talk much due to his introverted nature, but he shows everyone respect regardless of their background. Due to this and his handsome face, he is loved by the women in the capital.

 

 

 

And Duke Blackport sees Duke Winterwin as an arrogant prick who has a big ego. While Duke Clayledge was too nice for him, he did not trust nice people. They can get you killed intentionally or unintentionally. But the person he hated the most was Duke Rainbridge. He is like a green snake that hides in the grass, waiting for the right time to attack.

 

 

 

While Duke Rainbridge saw all the others as entitled bigots.

 

 

 

The room was dead silent and tense. They stared at each other with caution, curiosity, and disgust.

 

 

 

*Bam! *

 

 

 

“His majesty, the emperor has arrived.” The knights announced as the doors opened. The tension in the room increased a hundredfold as the emperor walked into the room. He was wearing a long black robe with a silver breastplate and gauntlet over it, and a black one-shoulder cloak. On his head, he wore the royal crown.

 

 

 

Following behind the emperor were the chamberlain and the captain of the royal knight, Sir Izaak. They followed behind the emperor as he walked to the royal chair and sat down. As soon as the emperor sat on his chair, the council members stood up from their seats. “We greet the glorious sun of the empire.” They greeted him respectfully with their heads bowed.

 

 

 

Emperor Maximus stared at them with a poker face. “Sit,” he said in a commanding tone. They all sat down except the royal knight captain and the chamberlain, who stood beside the emperor.

 

 

 

“So… how is the eradication of the rebel army going?” Emperor Maximus asked.

 

 

 

“Your majesty, a thousand rebel forces were found in the north and I have put them to death according to the empire’s law. Traitors like them who bite the hand that feeds them deserve nothing but death.” Duke Winterwin said with a proud smile.

 

 

 

Duke Clayledge had a sadly surprised expression on his face as he listened to Duke Barlus’s words. “Your majesty, anyone suspected of rebellion has been arrested and placed in dungeons. I do not think it would be wise to kill our citizens. A punishment would be more appropriate. He said while staring at Duke winterwin.

 

 

 

Duke Winterwin frowned at Duke Clayledge’s words. “How would you spare peasants who betrayed the crown? They should be cut down to their roots as an example to anyone who would dare to try to challenge the crown. You had four years to dispose of those peasants, but you did nothing but feed traitors. Tsk… youngsters.” Duke Winterwin said in an angry tone.

 

 

 

“But they are also human. You can’t just kil—--”

 

 

 

Duke Clayledge is interrupted by Duke Rainbridge. “You can save your argument for later. Now we are in the presence of his majesty. Your majesty, all rebels in the west have been hunted down by my knights, both commoners, and nobles. None were spared. Your majesty gave a small man like me the opportunity to serve you. There is no way I’ll let anyone cause chaos in the empire you built.” He said in a flattering tone as he rubbed his hands. The western part of Giggadon empire is mostly composed of the fallen kingdoms conquered by the emperor.

 

 

 

“Your majesty, no rebel activity was found in the east due to our tight security. We in the east are not so irresponsible to let any rebel activity happen in our territory. Duke Blackport said.

 

 

 

“Ho-ho oho… your majesty, there is no wizard in the floating city that would join such degenerate groups. They are too busy with research. I would not have come if not for your majesty’s summons, because I was about to discover another magic spell, hohoho.” the tower master said.

 

 

 

“How is the situation on the border looking, Izaak?” The emperor asked.

 

 

 

“Your majesty, the royal knights have occupied Coplay, and wiped out their army. But we saw no sign of the Coplay royal family. I can only believe that they are being protected by Thorka empire. The spies also reported that they couldn’t get into the empire due to the increase in security,” Izaak said.

 

 

 

“What about the delegates we sent?” the emperor asked.

 

 

 

“They were denied entry into the empire,” Izaak replied.

 

 

 

“Well… it seems Thorka empire is trying to challenge me. If it’s war they want, we will give them one! Send my order to every noble house in the empire. By the eighth moon, they should be prepared with an army to go to war against Thorka empire.” The emperor said in a loud voice.

 

 

 

*Knock! *

 

 

 

*Knock! *

 

 

 

There was a knock on the door and a knight walked in hurriedly. “Sorry for the interruption, your majesty, my lords.” He apologized with his head bowed.

 

 

 

Izaak walked toward the knight with an angry face and drew his sword, placing it on the knight’s neck who was still bowing. “If you interrupted this meeting without a meaningful purpose, you will lose your head,” Izaak said with killing intent.

 

 

 

The knight started shivering in fear. He could feel the killing intent directed at him not just from the captain but from the dukes and the chamberlain. He began to lose his ability to breathe.

 

 

 

“Stand down. Let him say what he’s here for,” the emperor said.

 

 

 

Immediately after the emperor’s words, the killing intent disappeared as if it was never there, and Izaak redrew his sword from the knight’s neck. Even though the killing intent and sword were withdrawn, the knight was still shaking.

 

 

 

“Now speak, why are you here?” the emperor asked as he stared at the knight.

 

 

 

 “Thank you, your… majesty… ther–there is a man… out–outside… that claims to be a dele- le- delegate from Thorka empire.” The knight stammered as he talked with fear in his tone.

 

 

 

Why would Thorka empire send a delegate after all this time? The emperor thought as he stroked his chin and stared at the knight. “Hmmm… OK, you can leave.” The emperor said to the knight.

 

 

 

“It seems Thorka empire came to us before we visited them. Let’s end this council meeting here. An interesting guest is waiting.” the emperor said as he stood up from his seat and started walking out of the council room.

 

 

 

The dukes stood up from their seats and bowed their heads until the emperor left the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dates:-

First moon

January

Second moon

February

Third moon

March

Fourth moon

April

Fifth moon

May

Sixth moon

June

Seventh moon

July

Eighth moon

August

Ninth moon

September

Tenth moon

October

Eleventh moon

November

 Twelfth moon

December

 

92