Chapter 24
2.5k 1 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Next Day]

 

Valkyrie palace

 

Helena’s room

 

*Knock* *knock* *knock*

 

 The knock interrupted Helena’s cultivation. “Come,” she said. While staring at the door.

 

“My apologies, princess, but I cannot.” A male voice said from behind the door.

 

The voice shocked Helena. She had thought it was Nora who was behind the door. She stood up from her cultivation stance, walked to the door, and opened it. “What!” she asked with an annoyed face.

 

As soon as the knight saw Helena, who was still in her nightgown, he turned his gaze away from looking at her. “His- His majesty has invited the princess for breakfast.” He said.

 

What’s wrong with this knight? He’s talking to me while staring at the ceiling. Helena thought in her mind. “Why are you staring at the ceiling…?” she asked. 

 

“It’s just… just it’s inappropriate for me to stare at a lady in her undergarments,” he replied.

 

“... huh?” Helena looked down at her clothes and was confused. She wore a long white nightgown covering her body, so why was the man acting weird?  

 

 In the Empire, if a man sees a woman in her undergarments or nightwear, they saw it to be disgraceful to the woman.

 

She turned her gaze back to the knight. “Did something happen in the palace? I haven’t seen my maid. She’s always here before I got off my bed.” she asked with concern on her face.

 

“All servants in the palace are undergoing an investigation. That’s why I came to get the princess instead of the princess’s maid.” The knight said. Because of the incident that happened last night, all the servants and maids in the palace were detained in the palace dungeon for investigation. 

 

… Investigation? I think I heard Nora say something about an accident yesterday. But I was still shocked by my mother’s letter, so I did not listen. “So, when would the investigation end?” she asked.

 

“I am not sure about that princess. Due to the severity of the incident, it might take a while.” He replied.

 

Helena closed her door to prepare herself. But today was the first day she had to make the toughest decision in her life, both in her past and present life. 

 

“Blue… no-no red… hmmm… I don’t think red goes well with the ribbon… dammit, what the hell am I doing? The maids and Nora had always been the ones who picked out the clothes I wore. And why the hell is it so hard to tie this ribbon?” Helena complained as she found it hard to dress. 

 

After contemplating for minutes, Helena decided to put on a blue dress and shoes and threw her ribbon back into the drawer. 

 

*****************Scene change**************

*Squeak*

 

A loud creaking sound echoed as the door leading to the dining hall opened. “Princess Helena has arrived.” The knight opening the door announced. As Helena walked into the dining hall.

 

To Helena's surprise, she was not the only one invited. Seated at the table where the other princesses, Helena could feel the sharp gazes befall her as she walked to her seat. 

 

Helena glanced around the table to see who was seated. At the front of the long sliver colored table, was the emperor’s golden-colored chair. “Ella… Ella, can you hear me?” Helena called out in her mind.

 

“Yawn…,” I have been sleeping a lot lately. I bet it’s because I am attached to this stupid human. Ella thought in her mind as she stretched. “What do you want, human?” Ella reluctantly asked.

 

“Tell me everything you know about my sisters,” Helena asked.

 

Ella swiped her hand horizontally in the air and a status screen appeared. “The one in the light green dress and festoon necklace, around her neck is the first princess Mera Von Merula… well. Check it for yourself.” Ella said as a screen appeared in front of Helena.

 

 

 

STATUS

 

X

 

 

 

[Name]: MERA VON MERULA

 

 [Age]: 18

 

[Race]: Human

 

 

 

[Sex]: Female

 

 [HP]: 25 [MP]: 54 [Attack power]: 15 

 

[Magic attack]: 0 [Strength]: 15 [intelligence]: 70

 

 

 

[charm]:70 [Luck]: 25 [Defense]: 12

 

 

 

[Stamina]: 18 Skills: >>> [Art] [Acting] [horse riding] [fencing]

 

Special skills: ????

 

 

 

“Why can’t I see her special skills?” Helena asked.

 

“Well… since you can’t level up with my system without mana… that’s all you get.” Ella cynically replied.

 

Helena ignored Ella's cynical remark and continued to check each of her sisters’ status.

 

—----------------

 

At the other side of the table seated beside each other were princess Blanche and Abigail. They were twins. They dressed in blue and red dresses, with white crystal ribbons around their necks. The sisters stared at Helena with curiosity; it was the first time any of the twelve girls had been in the same room together, but this did not change the fact that Helena stood out amongst them. She was the only one with a different color of eye.

 

“Sister… sister. Her eyes are different from ours. Why is that?” Abigail whispered in her sister's ears.

 

“I don’t know sister… but she looks pretty.” She replied with a cute smile as she stared at Helena.

 

“It’s been a while, sister Helena. I see that you are dressed properly this time.” Diamond, who was sitting beside Mera, said with a smirk. She had held a grudge against Helena since she was knocked down and embarrassed in the palace gardens.

 

“Yes, I’ve been fine sister… how is your behind? hope it’s not still sore after your fall the last time we met?... you must be careful while walking, you don’t know what you might bump into.” Helena said with a smirk. 

 

Anger and embarrassment fell on Diamond's face, she stood up with anger. “How dare a slave, talk to me like—”

 

“Bang*

 

“His majesty the emperor has arrived.” A Knight announced.

97