Chapter 1
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the rain, there is tranquility, a sense of calmness. As the umbrella comes, the lively sounds of dancing drops, and from its rim comes the sight of their more relaxed siblings. Loki closed his eyes for a moment as he breathed in the atmosphere.
After a while, he continued walking to his school every day at nine am, but on the way, he always met his best friend, Alex. On his way, someone passed by Loki that caught his interest; as he tried to turn around to see who it was, he was interrupted by Alex.
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing," Loki answered as he tried to find the nonexisting trails of that person that disappeared, which confused Alex.
Time passed, and students gathered in the class, waiting for their teacher to arrive. As usual, girls gathered around Sarah; boys began gathering around the wealthiest guy in the class, Alex, while Loki sat beside the window enjoying the pouring sound of rain as the rain invited the colourful umbrellas to blossom as Once Upon a Dream by Invadable harmony played in his ears. After a moment, the teacher arrived, and everyone sat in their seats without hesitation.
"Before we begin our class, I need to announce the new transfer student from the capital." Teacher Davies said.
The chit-chat started to get louder and louder, asking themselves if it was going to be a girl or a boy and everyone wondered if this person was from the capital, then he or she must be rich and why would they come here after a while the teacher politely asked the student to enter and introduce herself. As soon as the student entered the classroom, everyone's eyes jumped out of their sockets, and the classroom became silent for a moment.
Beautiful blue eyes and silver hair made Sarah the most famous girl in the school jealous. The student stood by the teacher and introduced herself.
"My name is Vanessa from the capital. That's all there is to know about me."
After she presented herself, she asked the teacher to sit down, and the teacher permitted her. The seat happened to be beside Loki. Loki didn't even notice the teacher coming to the class, and there was a new student. As she passed him, Loki felt the chilling and cold aura he had felt earlier when walking to school. Like before, Loki turned around to find himself looking at a new person trying to sit on the empty seat beside him. Loki turned around as if nothing had happened and acted like today was another day.
Class ended, and everyone gathered around the new student, who seemed uncomfortable and focused on her phone while other students constantly asked her questions. Alex realised how unhappy she was feeling.
"Everyone, please stop asking her all these questions and let her relax."
Sarah agreed with him and also asked everyone to let her be. Sarah closed the distance and asked Vanessa.
"Hi, my name is Sarah; nice to meet you; if you need anything, feel free to ask me, and I'll be happy to help you or give you a tour around the school to make you comfortable."
Loki did not say a word and started to walk towards the exit door before Alex asked him.
"Ey Loki, where are you going?"
"It's too loud here," he replied without even looking back and left the room.
Students heard what Loki said and were angry, whispering to each other about who he was to say such a thing and how much of a loser he was. Vanessa didn't even look at him or care and turned around to look at the raindrops.
After school finished, Vanessa got up from her chair and walked toward Sarah, which she noticed her presence and said with a smile.
"Hi, do you need anything?"
"Yes, actually, I want to accept your offer. Show me around the school if you can." Vanessa asked
"Yes, I'll be more than happy to," Sarah replied with a captivating smile.
The two girls started walking through the schoolyard, and everyone whispered about the duo of beauties.
"Why did you leave a wonderful city like the capital and come here?" Sarah thought about this question a lot and decided to ask.
"Because", that is all she said.
Sarah got a strange and uneasy feeling and smiled.
"It's okay, I understand. Everyone has secrets and reasons for their decisions; I hope we can be friends," she asked with a simulated smile.
"I like you." Vanessa stopped and looked towards Sarah and said out of nowhere, making her blush and confused; she could not read this person at all.
"I also want to be your friend... what's wrong? You look like a tomato and breathing heavily.", Vanessa continued.
"Oh, nothing. I thought I saw something interesting," she replied.
Vanessa glanced around without saying a word as both walked to their home. On the way, Vanessa saw Alex with a guy with dark brown hair but didn't say a word. However, Sarah turned around to say hi to them. While others talked, Vanessa still didn't recognise that guy beside Alex.
"You forgot to say hello to my friend Loki; he is also in our class, and I'm sure you've seen him," Alex said as he looked at Vanessa.
"No, I didn't; sorry I am late. I need to go."
Loki heard what she said and started looking at her with a smile and did not say a word. Only Alex could realise the devilish smile as he spoke.
"Don't; you told me you'll stop Loki; please don't even think about it."
"I didn't think about anything. Let's go stop wasting time, Alex." Loki glanced at Alex and said before walking off again.
A day passed, after school Loki always sat by the balcony and watched his neighbours while smoking a cigarette.
"At this same hour every day, that old man over there goes to the garden, sits alone, and reads a specific book. This is my design; It is wonderful." Loki thought to himself as he smiled.
Ring. Ring
Loki heard the doorbell ringing, and he didn't expect anyone. He sighed as he went to open the door. As he opened the door, he was greeted by Alex. He wasn't surprised at all; who could it be other than him since he had no one.
"What's the reason you came here, Alex?" he asked without greetings.
"I came here because of what happened yesterday at school. It's about the look you gave towards Vanessa."
"I already told you it's nothing, didn't I? I don't even know her." Loki said with laughter.
"You can't lie to me. I know you better than your parents do, so please be realistic with me". Alex replied; the seriousness was visible on his face.
"Don't worry. Now that I think about it, why do you care about this girl so much? Oh, wait for a second, you like the new transfer student, don't you? What's her name again?" Loki asked playfully.
"Vanessa, that's her name. Don't play dumb," he said as he rolled his eyes.
"Oh, look at you, Alex. You never remember a girl's name, and this one, just this one specifically, you remember it just from hearing it a couple of times." Loki spoke as he tilted his head, smiling at him.
"What, no, I always remember girls' names like Sarah. Besides, as I said, I didn't come here to defend her or anything, but I did come to know and see if you did stop from making that habit of yours. Smoking from the balcony precisely at this hour." Alex said profoundly.
"So you're telling me I can't have a smoke break? This life is too dull. It would be best if you went home now; you don't get away from punishment with good looks." he chuckled as he said.
"You're right. I'll see you tomorrow." Alex nodded as he left.
"This year is going to be something extraordinary besides this is the final year of high school." Loki thought to himself as he tossed the cigarette outside.

CHAPTER 2

0