Jinni 1: The Camera
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Modern day South-Korea

I dialed the phone number quickly and put it against my ear.

“Yo Yong, up for filming today? Found a hecking cool camera that you won’t believe can do! Ask Yon as well if sh-” I said before getting cut off.


“Jiwoo dude, you know I can’t use my phone during lunch hours man..” Yong whispered.

“But you still answered me, right? Make sure to bring Yon and some fighting gear with you once you guys are done” I replied.

“Ugh.. Fine, fine Jiwoo..” Yong replied back and ended the call.

I can’t believe someone could have left off such a camera on the ground as garbage, this is real treasure! This will be perfect for my career as a YouTuber, all I have to do is just wait for Yong and Yon and show it to them, maybe then I’ll grow as a content creator!

I still, however, can't believe it’s already been a year since I dropped off, I know aunt Soo wouldn’t like that of me, but I know deep down this is what I was destined to do. Being a content creator is something truly looked down at, luckily I have Yong that has always trusted me in that process. Even if everyone may dislike me, I can always count on Yong to be there for me, he’s the best brother!


Time kept moving, faster and faster as I kept growing more impatient for Yong to call back.

*Bzzt, Bzzt* my phone vibrated from my pocket. It was the long awaited phone call from Yong!

“Yo, where are we supposed to meet up, as usual?” Yong asked.

“Of course, and be ready for something to blow your mind!” I replied.

“Hehe, alright I’ll get myself ready, see you soon” he said and hung up.

After only a couple of minutes I saw Yong as well as Yon, with his boxing gloves. Yon had with her a hammer, but it looks like a toy hammer, oh well it might work for content. I have been keeping my eye on the one behind the tree for quite a while now, I just hope they will be able to see it as well.

“Heh, what’s the matter with you, why are you smiling like that?” Yon asked happily as she walked towards me.

“Nyehe” I laughed.

I picked up the camera and showed them as they kept walking.

“This is just genius, lemme show ya!” I said with a big grin.

“Oh! A new camera, show me! C’mon show me!” Yon said with a smile on her face as she ran up to me.

She touched the camera, opened it up and tested it out. As she looked around. I gave my usual handshake to Yong, we both were grinning.

“With this, we’ll be abl-” I said before I got cut off.

“EEK! WHAT IS THIS JIWOO?!” Yon screamed and threw away the camera.

“AGH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I shouted and went after the camera.

Yon was panting as she fell to the ground, her eyes were wide open.

“W-What happened, Yon?” Yong asked Yon as he went down to her level.

“T-That c-camera Jiwoo showed us is CURSED!” she shouted and looked towards me.

I looked back as I was rubbing the camera to get rid of smudges. “My precious baby” I whispered.

Yong started to walk up to me.

“Let me take a look” he said and snatched it from me.


He looked around with it as well until I noticed he got startled, he was looking at the same one I had kept my eye on behind the tree. He slowly put down the camera.


”D-Do you guys also see it?” he said calmly while pointing at it.


Both me and Yon nodded silently.


”I had been keeping my eye on that
ghost for a while now, until you would arrive” I said.

”H-How could you even keep your calm like that, it’s a ghost!” Yon said.


”That’s what’s so mind blowing like Jiwoo said, as far as I remember there weren’t any ghosts here when we arrived, then once we touched the camera suddenly we had the ability to do so” Yong replied.


”See, Yong gets it, we should use this for our advantage!” I said.


”Shouldn’t we be a bit more concerned, I mean what if this is-” Yon said but got cut off.


”Nope, let’s go, film me Jiwoo” Yong said as he put on his boxing gloves.

”Hehe, you betcha!” I said and picked up the camera.

We both started walking up to the ghost. The ghost unironically looked a lot like how kids books, cartoons or old mythology draws them as, they’re pretty white colored with almost like a flame or blaze on top their head. As for their body, just like the head, it’s like a flame, and their hands don't connect to their body, almost like the Genie from the movie Aladdin.

”Hey wait up for me!” Yon said as she got her stuff ready.


”Alright, I’m recording, go!” I said.


Yong only let out a big ”hmph” and got into a boxing stance, the ghost almost immediately did the same.


The ghost swung his left arm, but Yong quickly dodged to the side!


”Is that small swing all you got?!” Yong said and started to slowly get closer to the ghost.


The ghost started to back off, towards the tree until it was against the tree.


”Hmph, time to say bye I guess” Yong said as he smiled.


I ran as quickly as I could towards the tree to get a better shot at the ghost before it would be gone.


Yong swung his right arm and hit the ghost, in a matter of seconds it disappeared and his glove was hitting the tree, which left a small mark.


”Nice hit!” I said to add as a comment.

”Heh, ghosts seem not to be so power-” Yong said but stopped.

His hand kept shaking and his glove turned from a bright red color to a dark red one, with a smiling but menacing face showing up on both gloves.


”W-What’s this?!” Yong said as he was struggling as if he was fighting back.


Suddenly, it stopped, both me and him were completely clueless as what had happened.


”Hey guys! I found another one” Yon shouted not too far away.


I pointed the camera towards her and started running towards her. She had her hammer and was standing still, in a fighting stance, the ghost looked ready as well.

Ghosts don’t have a face, no eyes, mouth or nose. However there's a small shadow where the eye is supposed to be, just enough to tell what expression it’s making.

Yon swung her hammer but missed, but the ghost all of a sudden went in the hammer, but nothing about it changed. It still had its yellow, red and blue color.


We waited a small while for maybe something similar to Yong would happen, but nothing ended up happening, I also eventually stopped recording.


We were all sitting in a small circle on the grass while the sun was slowly setting.

”Maybe different ghosts take different times to manifest into objects?” Yong said as if it was a question.

”Or maybe some don’t at all” I added.

Yon was just angry.

”Oh will you just shut up! This whole day has been out of the ordinary!” she said and stormed off towards the forest.


”Hey wait up Yon!” Yong said and started to get up.


”Yeah, I didn’t mean anything by it!” I said, picked up the camera and followed her.


I wrapped the camera around my torso to make it easier to carry.


”I just wish my hammer could take more, if it weighed 10 Ton! Enough to break all the trees here!” and swung it towards the tree.


However, once she hit the tree, a loud crash sound was made and the tree flew away. All three of us were in shock.


”B-But this is a toy hammer, could this be the g-ghost?!” she said.


”Hey, if you can then I should be able to as well, we both have ghosts infused with our stuff!” Yong said and walked up towards another tree.


”I wish these gloves weighed 10 ton!” he said and swung his arm.


The tree didn’t fly off like it did with Yon, it just got left with a mark.


”Maybe different ghosts grant different super powers!” she said with a proud voice and a dirty smile.


”Oh will you just shut it! You just got lucky this time!” Yong replied.


I opened my hands and just looked at them, why were there no more ghosts for me to get a power like the others?


”Hey Jiwoo, we can try to find-” Yong said but I cut him off.


”No.. Er, we should just call it a day, shall we?” I said.


We looked at each other and nodded, we started to head back. Luckily enough, on our way out of the forest, we saw a ghost. I quickly picked up a stick and poked it, just like Yong, it disappeared, but nothing happened to the stick.


”That’s weird” Yong said.


”Yeah, something definitely should have happened” Yon said.


I kept the stick in case we would see another, which we did, but nothing happened as well. After that I threw away the stick and we got to the dorms.


Yong as a nice bro he is, lets me sleep and live in his dorm, even though I dropped off. It can get a bit hard to live with 2 people there but we manage to co-operate on it. Yon lives in a different dorm, a floor lower than ours.


Yong put his gloves in a box under the bed and was getting himself ready for bed while I quickly opened the computer to upload our video. It didn’t take a while since I didn’t have a lot of footage. I uploaded it and got to bed as well.


”Hey Jiwoo..” Yong said.


”Yeah bro?” I replied from the bed above.


We have a bunk bed, he sleeps down below while I sleep above him.


”You know what, it’s nothing, sleep well” he said.


”You too bro” I replied.


***


”Did you see it?”


”Yes boss, I saw it, I wo-” he talked but I cut him off.


”Can I count on you to get rid of them, we have no room on earth for people like him” I said.


”You can count on me boss, I’ll get rid of them, I will make sure our plan to remove huma-” he continued to talk but I cut him off.


”Good, I hope to hear a word from you soon” I said and ended the phone call.


Filthy shits, I’ll make sure you don’t get anywhere.

Should I keep writing?
  • Yes, keep it up! Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I don't like it. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
0