Prologue
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    Beliefs can be a hard thing to wrap your head around if you don't have the same ones. They can be a good thing, or they can be a bad thing. Some beliefs, such as being gay is a sin and unnatural, are harmful. Others, like treat everyone with kindness and respect, are much less so.

    Damien didn't like the way he was raised. He was above the omegas of the tribe, being a pup, but once he was 8, his life changed entirely. He noticed it one day, randomly. It was like everyone was told to treat him like worse than dirt their paws stepped on. It was his place, the Alpha told him, to be treated as such. Not everyone could be high ranking.

    He knew his mother was abused, he wasn't a voluntary kit after all, but he didn't like it. He had as much respect for the other members of the tribe as they did for him, which got him into quite a bit of trouble. He was supposed to lie down and take it, he wasn't allowed to fight back. But he did.

    Or he used to. On his 9th birthday, he got probably the worst present one could ever think of.

    Damien was already considered a curse. A Devil Elemental born into a tribe of Fire Elementals. How? Well, as was mentioned earlier, he wasn't a voluntary child. But still, they considered it a sign from the gods that there would be danger. But, rather than killing him, because they feared it would anger their gods, they decided to render the extra paw on the end of his tail entirely useless.

    Welding and Chopping are common practices in Falecean Tribes. They either remove the extra things that aren't normal, like two sets of horns on Omega Elets, or weld them with metal rings so they're unusable, like with extra limbs. The rings are usually made of Larifur, an iron-like metal which can be melted at around the same degrees as lava. Elemental magic protects Fire Elementals from lava and the temperatures, making it like a hot bath for them, thusly they're able to mold the metal with relative ease, even without power tools. You still have to know what you're doing, of course, but it doesn't take as much knowledge as it normally would.

    Due to his extra trait and being a 'curse', Damien was given nothing that would keep him from suffering so much as they welded the ring tightly around the wrist of his tail's paw and burned the metal over the flesh so it melted over the fur and skin. Now the only way to use the hand was to discover his True Form so he could be rid of such things, including the branding on his front right paw that went along with the welding.

    He could still move his tail around, but the paw was entirely limp and numb. He couldn't the fingers at all.

    Or at least, he hadn't been able to. One day, he discovered his True Form. Being pushed around wasn't fun. He'd gotten tired of it.

    There were a group of young betas bullying him. He'd been trying to sneak up on a Jarkhop, which are quite a rare treat on Falecea, basically huge rabbits, but one of them bit his tail and made him cry out and the Jarkhop immediately ran away. So a fight broke out.

    Damien retaliated from the tail bite, turning around, claws fully extended, and slashed the Beta Droggon right across the face. They were of Red Fox Sub-Breed, so he was slightly bigger in his feral form, since Damien was and they needed to sneak up on him like he was the Jarkhop, but as he reared back in pain, Damien attacked him.

    He felt something he'd never felt before. Happiness? Relief? He wasn't sure. Whatever it was, clawing out the eyes of that bitch felt great. Before he'd finished mauling the Beta, something hit him hard on the back of the head, bringing him back to full-thought. It was like he'd gone feral for a minute. 

    He turned to see who had hit him to find the Tribe's Alpha, with an expression Damien couldn't place. The Beta below him was screaming and howling in pain, begging for death. He would be useless without being able to see, they both knew it.

    "What are you?" The Alpha snarled at him.

    "PLEASE JUST KILL ME! FINISH ME OFF!" The beta pleaded beneath Damien. It was then that Damien realized he felt different. Not just mentally, but also physically. Next, he noticed he could feel the hand on his tail, which he hadn't been able to for years, then that he had another tailthen that he had an extra pair of arms.

    Then the feeling disappeared. The ring for his tail was still gone and he could move the fingers around just fine, but gods he knew he was in trouble.

    He was ordered back to the camp by the Alpha, to which he obeyed, as the Alpha himself carried the Beta back.

1