CH.0021 – Clan of Zodiac
61 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CH.0021 - Clan of Zodiac

"...Looks like Mr.Fish ate the bait."

Ezar lifted his head toward House's main gate and smiled coldly.

And after a while.

"People from the House of Silverlion. Pay attention and listen to this summon order from the clan council.

Ezar Silverlion has to be in the presence of the clan council at 4 o'clock today.

If he does not come, he will be deemed to have accepted the charges against him and his failure to comply with the call of his council will be punished more severely than usual.

People from the House of Silverlion. Pay attention and listen to this summon order from the clan council.

Ezar Silverlion has to be in the presence…

Messenger repeated the clan council's order three times and left.

“Heh, when delivering messages to Founder Houses, messengers must hand over the written order to House Leader or someone with a family seal.

Seems like people forgot our House is still a Founder House. Well, they will remember today.

It's half-past two now. So there is ample time till the council gathering.”

On planet Lumos, 1 day was equal to 9 hours. And at this area, between 8 o'clock and 2 o’clock was nighttime. At these hours black sun’s black lights were absorbing normal lights. And they also were cold.

So at these hours people usually were sleeping or staying home. İf they left their houses they had to use their cultivation or some treasure to resist cold and light their ways.

Because normal light sources and warming techniques were useless against the black lights.

So, most people were choosing to stay at home rather than waste their resources. After they slept at night, they were usually waked about 2 o’clock and eat their breakfast before starting the day.

At the moment, it's half past two so, there were one and half hours to clan council gathering.

And in Earth standard, one hour in Lumos was nearly hours in Earth.

So this one and half hours were equal to more than four hours for Ezar.

“Grandpa Bora, I need some parchments and a pen also my personal seal with family seal.”

“Sure, young master. I'm bringing them right now.”

“Nuna, as I said before you and I will go to clan council together. We will set off in a while. You don’t have to make extra preparations. It is enough if you are ready to set off.”

“Sure, young master.”

“Grandpa Suma, you and Lily should stay at the mansion. You guys don’t leave the mansion until we are back.”

“Don’t worry young master. We will stay at the mansion until you come back.”

At the moment Lily was looking at Ezar while pouting her cheeks.

[Why I am the only one left out. And that annoying brother of mine began to call me with me my name again. He didn’t forget his promise, right?

Better he wouldn’t. Otherwise, this lady would have to kick some ass. Hmph.]

Ezar looked at Lily. He knew exactly what was she thinking.

“And, little sister…”

When Lily heard that Ezar was calling her “little sister” again her pouting face became a smiling one at a light speed.

“Yes, big brother.”

Ezar also smiled at her back. This little sister of him was really easy the coax.

“I have an important mission for you. After I came back I need to use cultivation rooms. Especially the solitary cultivation room at the underground facility.

So I want my little sister help to Grandma Suma with preparing everything ready in the cultivation rooms. Can you do that?”

“Don’t worry big brother. I will prepare everything for you. They will be in perfect condition when you come back. You will like them so much that you will want to sleep there instead of cultivating.”

“Hahaha, that would be a problem but I trust little sister.”

“Of course, you can trust me, your little sister.”

Lily patted her chest and lifted her head like she was saying leave it to me.

But while Ezar and Lily talking Grandma Suma and Nuna was in awe.

[Did young master say that he will use the cultivation room after coming back?]

[Look like the young master really have a way to cure his mana veins. Was it because he had found a cure that he had suddenly disappeared?

That is not important right now. I can ask that any time to the young master. Right now I must protect my young master when we are at clan council.]

“Young master, I brought what you want.”

Grandpa Bora’s words pulled back Grandma Suma and Numa from their thoughts to reality.

“Thank you, Grandpa Bora.”

Ezar took the parchment and the pen in front of him. After dipping the fountain pen in ink, he began writing on the parchment.

After writing about a raba Ezar checked what he wrote and stamped below with family and his personal seals. He rolled parchment and sealed it with some candle wax and handed it to Grandpa Bora.

“Grandpa Bora. I need you to deliver this letter to “The Scholar’s Fan” the bookstore at the clan’s main square. When you arrive there tell the attendant that you need to see Mr.Maxim.”

“The Scholar’s Fan? Isn’t it the bookstore young master always go to? And who is this Mr.Maxim? How can I be sure he is real Mr.Maxim when I see him? Can young master describe him for me, please?”

“No need to describe him. He isn’t a real person. When you say you want to see him, the attendant will say that he is not here.

After that Grandpa Bora must say that “I was told that he is always here unless there was a bloody wedding.”

They will respond to you with “He is not here because of an urgent matter but we can forward your request to him when it arrives.”

When you heard this response you should hand over the letter to the attendant and tell them it is urgent. They will take over after that.”

“Sure young master. Consider it is done. But what is all this for?”

“It is not a big deal. I just want to deliver a secret message to someone. And who it is? You will understand today. Don’t worry.”

Ezar looked outside from the window.
“Time is ticking. We should set off. I want to stop by at trading area before the meeting at the clan council. Nuna are you ready?”

Nuna was perplexed by her young master's relaxed demeanor.

“Young master, I am ready. But is it okay to stop by at another place before the clan council?

Shouldn’t we arrive early and try to speak to some elders to understand the situation more clearly?”

“Why? It is just a waste of time. It is enough if we arrive just on time. Let’s go. I need some ingredients. I hope I can find them in the trading area.”

“I will also leave with you young master to deliver the letter. Grandpa Bora told the Ezar.

“Hmm.”

“Grandma Suma, Lily take care of yourself, and don’t leave the mansion until we come back.”

“Don’t worry about us young master. We will be okay. Come back safely.”

“Big brother I will accomplish your task with perfection.”

“Hmm. Grandpa Bora, Nuna, let’s go.”

Ezar, Grandpa Bora, and Nuna left the mansion and began to walk to the clan center. In the clan, the main clan family was occupying the center area, and other Founder Houses were occupying the outer areas of the clan territory.

Clan of Zodiac. That was the clan’s name. Also was the name of the main family; the Zodiac Family.

In the clan, more than half of the clansmen were main family members while the rest of them belonged to Founder Houses.

As a Founder House, they had to protect the clan from danger coming from outsides. So they were given territory on the outskirts of the clan territory.

The House Of Silverlion was on the north side.

The House Of Wolf was on the northwest side.

The House Of Berserkers was on the west side.

The House Of Shadow was on the southwest side.

And the House Of Ranger was on the south side.
As for the east side. This side of the clan was a restricted area and was protected by the main clan family. There were special cultivation sites and the clan’s ancestral land at this place.

But because of Ezar’s parent’s death and the power loss of the House of Silverlion, the main family was also protecting the border on the north side.

The clan leader personally announced that they will protect till the House of Silverlion’s heir became an adult.

Normally it would be assuring news. But everyone knew that the current heir of the House of Silverlion had cripple mana veins. With his situation how he could pass the quests of age-coming-ceremony?

If somebody else is it okay to pass just pass two or one quest and fail after that. Even some clansmen were okay with failure at the first quest.

They could still choose other paths like becoming a blacksmith or a baker. After the clan still blacksmiths and bakers, right?

But someone who wants to be a cultivator and clan warrior had to pass all three quests.

And for heirs of Founder Houses, they had to pass all three quests with high scores. Please, these people would be House Leaders or high-level supervisors, and generals in the future.

Right now main clan family and all the Founder Houses were waiting for the age-coming-ceremony.

According to them after Ezar failed at the ceremony and lost his last name, the only obstacle that detaining them to attack the House of Silverlion territory will disappear.

And why had they waited till now? Because were they scared of Nuna’s potential?

Nah, although it was a risky thing to anger a genius, it wasn’t a hard thing to be sure she was dead for Founder Houses.

They were scared because of the main family behind the House of Silverlion.

The main House of Silvelion that at the center area of the continent. The same place where Ezar’s grandfather and great-grandfather were.


Hello Everyone, Author is Here;

I appreciate that if you support me on my Patreon;

https://www.patreon.com/moncherWN

Any amount helps no matter how small is it.

I want "I Cultivate with Science" to become a long-lasting novel. So I am waiting for your support.

 

2