Chapter 8
119 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

|Sengoku - Golden Buddha of Marine|

Spoiler

[collapse]

I looked at the file in front of me and frowned a little. This is the last candidate for the Flash Course. Flash Course is something Kong, and I come up with to combat the chaos that pirates do to all the seas around the world.

This course will gather all the promising young men and train them to an acceptable level to sail around the world with their own ship. Only thirty people are accepted in this course; among them, two young men are catching my attention.

Smoker and Yuuji. Both of them are devil fruit users and have excellent combat potential.

Smokers eat the Smoke-Smoke Fruit, a Logia-type Devil Fruit. He uses his devil fruit power with great effectiveness. Sadly, he falls under the weakness all Devil Fruit users have. He is too dependent on his power and will be an easier target when he arrives in the New World.

To all Haki users, Logia users have bigger hit points than the others.

The next one is Yuuji or Horasian D. Andreas if I go by his birth name. He is an orphan that was born on Girvan Island in Grand Line, but because of a nasty storm hitting his parents' ship, he somehow survives and ends up on Kyuka Island, where he grew up. The old couple taking care of him changed his name to Yuuji.

I don't know how the Cipher Pol manages to get this information, but I will not ask them about it. It was too much headache.

What makes Yuuji more interesting than Smoker is his Devil Power. A power that let him heal other people and split his bodies into five. I have a feeling it can still grow, just like other Devil Fruit.

The healing alone can make him at least a commander if he told the recruiter, and by the report from Captain Brutus, Yuuji has already started showing that he can use Haki. He can now use the Armament Haki and start showing he can learn the Observation Haki.

A neutral Haki user, just like anyone with a D on their name.

Many people want that combination of power, and lucky for us, he joined the Marine Corps and did not become a pirate. Even if he fails in this course, I will ensure he gets a good position so we can use him in a PR program.

After stamping the paper, I release a sigh. Finally, have some free and relaxing time.

*BOOM*

"BWAHAHAHAHA! Sengoku! I'm back"

Or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Teriyaki - Vice-Admiral of the Marines|

Spoiler

[collapse]

"Is that all you can do?! You only run for four hours and you're already panting?! What are you?! A civilian?! We are marine! We need to be strong! We need to be the steel that holds the world together! Run!"

I see out of the thirty participants in this course, only fifteen of them survive this long. I look at the pair in the front and hold my smirk from showing up. It looks like we at least have the cream of the crop participate in this course.

They are sweating, but their breath is still steady. They are not the fastest, but they are the ones that last longer. Among the people who have fallen in this test are those who try to impress me by running with all of their might at the beginning.

We did not place them in the higher ranking. A captain needs to know when to rush and when to preserve their energy, and it looks like both of them have passed this test.

I look at the watch and wait for another one hour and thirty minutes before deciding to stop the first test.

"Alright! Stop!"

I started to count, and it looked like another five people had fallen in the test.

"All of you manage to survive the first test! Now, let us begin the second test."

"S-Sir, c-can we have some break?"

I look at one of the people in my care and give him the sternest glare I can make. I can see him grimace when he sees my expression and takes a step back.

"We will not take a break! Your enemy will not give you any break! They will keep coming and kill you once they see how weak you are! No! You need to keep fighting and the second test will be a sparring match! Give it your all and survive! We have an even number which means you will fight against the number next to you! One against two and three against four, the number will go from there."

I take a deep breath and start pointing my finger at random.

"You will be number one! You are two! Three! Four! Five! Six! Seven! Eight! Nine! Ten! Chop! Chop! One to five will be on my right and the rest of you will be on the left!"

Ten young men start to move. I feel bad for the people that are panting and already on the brink of collapsing, but this is a test, and only the best will get the chance to have a great life.

"Fight!"

The fight did not take long. The first one to defeat his opponent is Yuuji, who appears in front of his opponent and punches him right in the stomach, a one-hit KO. The next one is Smoker, who is also doing the same.

The last three need to take a few seconds to a minute to finish the fight. All in all, it was not bad. I nod my head and say.

"Five of you have succeeded in the test and tomorrow you will start your real training. However! Remember that this training is even worse than the test. You will cry and your body will break but when you get out of this training, you will become a true Marine! Are there any questions?"

Seeing none, I nod my head and say.

"Then you are dismissed. You have free time for the rest of the day. Your training will start at four in the morning. Late and you will be punished."

3