Chapter 10
120 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"GOOD MORNING"

*BOOM*

I quickly get out of the bed and split myself into five while covering my hands with Haki. Smokers also do the same. As the dust vanished, I could see the Legendary Vice-Admiral Garp standing behind the hole, grinning at us.

Spoiler

[collapse]

I can see our trainer running toward the Vice-Admiral and looking at us in pity. Huh? Why? Did we do something wrong?

"Bwahahaha! You two have a good reflex! You are already in a fighting stance and ready to strike. Good! Good!"

I put down my hand and turned off my haki before saying anything.

"What can we do for you, Vice-Admiral?"

"Bwahahahaha! From now on you can call me a teacher! I will be the one teaching you for the next five months! We will have so much fun! Bwahahaha"

After hearing that, I couldn't help but shiver. What will happen to us?

~Sometimes later~

My jaw dropped at the number of cannonballs behind Garp and how many personnel were ready to refill the one near him. Knowing him in the canon story, I know where this is going.

I can see him grinning and takes two cannonballs from the tray and says,

"The first lesson is Dodge and Run, and it starts now!"

I widen my eyes before jumping to the left, barely dodging the cannonball that explodes not too far away from me.

"Good! Both of you manage to dodge them. Now! Let's increase the number!"

Before we knew it, Smoker and I were already running around the Training Ground for our dear life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Sengoku - Golden Buddha of Marine|

I look out the window and sigh a little at the sight of Garp's teaching method. His usual method is throwing his student inside a den of hungry lions, or he will throw a thousand cannonballs at them while they are running for their dear life.

It looks like he is choosing the latter.

"Bwahahaha! Let's enter the next stage! This time we will do Whack-a-mole! I will be the hammer and you will be the mole! Dodge!"

I wince a little when I see Garp appear in front of Yuuji and punch him across the training ground. That is going to hurt. Garp is the best Armament Haki user I know, and even though he is holding his punch, it still hurts for Devil Fruit users.

"What's the monkey doing now?"

I look at Tsuru, my long-time friend, and another person who rejected the position of Admiral after being asked for it. Why can't I have friends who accept the promotion?! What kind of a world do I live in where a person does not want to be promoted?

Spoiler

[collapse]

"He decides to take the most promising recruit we have and train them himself."

I wince once again when I see Yuuji and Smoker get punched by Garp at the same time. I feel bad for both of them when I see Garp's grin get even bigger when he sees Yuuji's healing at work.

I feel pity for them. Garp finally has a perfect person that can go through his insane training program.

"Is that the man who has healing power?"

"Yes. He is also officially a doctor and has a license for Ship Doctor and regular doctor."

"Impressive. How old is he?"

"Twenty this year."

"Impressive."

When my eyes land on her, I can see Tsuru look at Yuuji with an intense look. Oh no. Don't tell me…

"When the course is over, I want him to meet me and take the Marine Medical Test. I want to see if his medical knowledge meets our standards."

I know it. Well, at least this time, it was a good idea.

"Very well. I will tell him about it."

"Good… What are you going to do with him?"

"I will place him in a PR program. Healing people around the world for free and helping poorer places with food."

"What? You want to repair our reputation after the Ohara Incident?"

"It was an order from the above, Tsuru."

"And look where it got us."

Somehow, the reason for the Buster Call on Ohara is leaked to the public, and our image gets damaged because of it. As a result, even today, many kingdoms in the Grandline do no longer trust us. They are afraid we will call a Buster Call on them for something as small as trying to discover the past.

"We are here because of Justice, Tsuru. We still maintain peace because of Justice."

Justice above all is what I believe; if I need to destroy one island to maintain Justice? So be it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Urgh."

I fall on the bed and grunt once again. Today is the most intense training I have ever had. Garp is a slave driver. That man is a monster. We fought for the entire day, and he did not even manage to hit him. I know he is strong, but I never thought he was this strong.

He is quick and punches like a truck. I would be dead after a few hours or maybe less if not for my White Mage spell.

"Rkj Shrekt"

"Are you okay there, Smoker?"

"Grpo Krpwr"

Well, it looks like he just became a zombie.

"Do you want something? I want to go to the Cafeteria."

"Krpwr"

"You need to speak human, buddy."

"Ramen. Extra large. Extra meat."

"Got it. Anything else?"

"No"

I get up from bed and walk toward the cafeteria. I guess I will get an extra-large Meat Platter. Now I can understand why the people in One Piece eat that many foods at once. I did not need to worry about getting fat if I trained hard every single day.

I need that much energy to keep up with the training I get.

I just hope that Vice-Admiral Garp lets us have a break next time and not train us all day without a break. However, knowing him, we needed to defeat him first before getting the break we needed, and it was impossible to achieve.

4