Chapter 13
123 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir! We notice something in the distance! It looks like a ship!"

I quickly get out of my office with a periscope in hand. I can see two ships in the distance, and it looks like they are fighting with each other. I look at the jolly roger one of the ships has, and I quickly look at my helmsman before saying.

"We will go there! A civilian ship is attacked by pirates! We will take from the east! Prepare the canon!"

"Yes, sir!"

My helmsman spun the steering wheel and rode the wave. Bloody hell, I have a great helmsman. It did not take us long before we got closer to the pirate. I quickly give my order as I see they are in our cannon range.

"Fire!"

Ten cannons fired their cannonballs at the pirates. Four of them hit the target.

"Reload!"

We fired another salvo of cannonballs fired at the enemy, and this time, six of them hit the target. I frown a little when I see they are moving and fire their own cannon. I give my periscope to Gion, split my body into six, and start to jump.

"Geppo: Sky Walk!"

I kick the air and start to fly at the incoming cannonball. My clone and I punch the incoming with our hands covered with Haki. I land on the deck and wait for the enemy's cannon to fire at us. Seeing there is none, I order my men to get closer.

Gion and I are the first to take action when we are closer. Both of us kick the air with our feet and appear on the enemy ship in a matter of a second.

When they land on the deck, they begin their attack. I swing my hand forward, and an air torrent is released. This is the fighting style Garp taught me. This fighting style is called Iron Fist. It was Garp's personal fighting style, but because of the difference between our body types, I decided to modify it.

If Garp's fighting style is like a tank that bulldozes anything in sight and takes any damage as if it was nothing, I rely more on my speed and attack the enemy as fast as I can before they can counterattack.

After a minute of fighting, the rest of my crew joined the fight, and it did not take long for us to defeat all the pirates.

I look at Gion and say.

"Are you guys okay?"

"Yes, sir. No one is dead but we have three crew members who need medical attention."

"Bring them here. I will heal them all."

After healing my men for a couple of minutes, we decide to go to the civilian ship, and I can see a group of people waiting for us.

"Thank you for helping us, sir."

"You are welcome" I nod my head. "Gather the wounded. I will heal them."

My men gather the one who is still alive and separate the people who died in battle. Then, I start to heal the people with severe injuries and let Gion take care of those with small injuries.

After healing them all, I look at the man standing next to me.

"Thank you for your patience, my friend."

"No. No. We are supposed to be the ones thanking you, sir. If not for you, all of us will be dead."

"Don't mention it. So, what do you want to do with the dead? As long as we are not too far away from an island we can give them a proper burial."

"We are near Iluya Island. It was the island we are from."

"Then we will give them a proper burial."

"Once again, thank you."

"Don't mention it."

I nod my head and see him walk to his family and hug them.

"Sir"

I look at my back and see one of my men walk toward me.

"What is it?"

"Sir, we managed to get around three hundred thousand Belly, three days worth of food and other valuable items."

"Put them on our ship. We will return the valuable item to its owner if we manage to find them. However, we will keep the money and the food."

That is how the marine gets their bonus. Any item on the pirate ship they capture and sink, you can take them. Legally speaking, I own all of them, but I decide to return the item if the owner asks me, but if no one asks me about their item? We get more bonuses, I guess.

"What about the ship, sir? Should we sink it?"

"No. We will take them. We will salvage it and take anything valuable on it. It is still working right?"

"Yes. It still can float for another two days or a week if we repair it first."

"Repair it. Tell the Shipwright to repair the more important thing."

"Yes, sir!"

2