Chapter 3
5 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own the 'Dragon Ball Z' anime/manga or 'Fallout 3' and the other games in the saga; and the only thing I own is this alternate/parallel story that I wrote for fun.

The Misadventures of Goki-Kakaroko

Chapter 3: Grayditch and Learning

"Speaking"

"Thinking"

"KameHameHa!" Attacks / Skills / Ki / Techniques

Reading / News / Intercoms


Once the Saiyan woman and the human boy entered what would be 'Grayditch' they were met with a rather depressing sight, but they didn't have much time to admire the place because they quickly had to hide behind a nearby sign in the face of what was several meters from their position.

"... Bryan?" said Goki the name of the boy he is helping, while at the same time he started to look at the latter.

The brown-haired boy (who stood behind the woman; a little scared for obvious reasons) looked up and met the striking black eyes of his heroine, so immediately his fear vanished as if by 'magic'.

"Yes, Miss Goki?" he said with a slightly nervous tone, as the woman in exotic and striking orange with blue clothing provoked a strange feeling of butterflies in his stomach; and this was because according to his father's words it was a sign that he was in love, and remembering that; his mind was transported to that particular day, that the latter said such words to him.


Flashback

Bryan, as he did every day after finishing his chores at home (cleaning, cooking, etc.), began to read the first volume of Grognak the Barbarian, where he saw something that caught his attention.

"Father?" he said loud enough to call out to the adult sitting on the top step of the stairs.

Fred Wilks stopped cleaning his Chinese assault rifle; then looked up at his only son, who was sitting comfortably on the couch.

"Yes, son?" he said with a small smile on his lips.

The boy stopped looking at the page where Grognak was watching a blonde-haired woman with a silly grin.

"What's it like to be in love?" asked Bryan with obvious curiosity.

The adult was taken by surprise at the child's question, but quickly recovered and instead smiled broadly.

"Well ... When I first saw your mother, she was the most beautiful and funniest woman I'd ever seen in my entire life," Fred replied rather wistfully as he remembered the love of his life, only to have him set aside his Chinese assault rifle.

The boy's light blue eyes moistened as he listened to his father's words about his mother ... Whom he never knew because she died when she brought him into this world.

"It was a strange feeling, but a nice one ... It was as if thousands of butterflies flew inside my stomach and my heart started beating harder. I also remember that I couldn't even speak properly in his presence," Fred revealed with a nervous laugh at the end of his words, while at the same time scratching his head with his right hand.

The younger brown nodded his head at his father's words, and the latter also accompanied him with an amused laugh that lasted for quite a while; until finally they were silent for almost a full minute.

"Thank you, Father," Bryan said sincerely, while at the same time brushing a small tear from his left eye with his right hand.

The older chestnut nodded his head slightly with a small smile on his lips.

"By the way ... Happy birthday, Bryan," congratulated Fred to his beloved son, while at the same time pulling out of his jacket pocket a Grognak the Barbarian magazine.

Bryan's eyes widened in disbelief when he saw the magazine of Grognak the Barbarian in his father's hand ... It was the second volume!

End of Flashback


The Saiyan woman's coal-dark eyes stopped looking at the boy (who was lost in his own thoughts), and then focused on the large insects prowling the area in search of intruders.

"Why are ants so big?" asked Goki rather curiously and with a certain degree of innocence, for she did not remember such insects being of such size in her world ... But she admitted that there were others that were ten times as large and dangerous in her home.

The brown-haired boy had to snap out of those memories when he heard the voice of the woman in exotic orange and blue clothing calling him, but the question she asked him left him in thought for a long time.

"... I'm not quite sure what the full answer would be. Although dad says the ants mutated because of the radiation ... But that they spit fire; they started doing that a couple of days ago," Bryan explained with a frown as he remembered how one of those giant ants roasted a mole rat with fire; he shuddered as he remembered its squeals of pain.

The black-haired woman with palm-tipped black hair had half understood the boy's explanation, but she was no doubt somewhat excited that the ants could exhale fire because they could be a bit of a challenge.

"Radiation?" asked Goki with a confused tone, she even tilted her head to the side making her look very tender and cute.

The brown blinked several times at the question of the woman in striking orange and blue clothing, while at the same time he blushed slightly at the attitude of the latter ... But shaking his head slightly he decided to answer her doubt.

"The radiation is-"

Although Bryan never got to finish his words because apparently the ants discovered where he was hiding thanks to his keen senses.

"Do you have a place to hide, Bryan?" asked Goki this time with a serious tone, while at the same time rising from his position.

The brown-haired man swallowed his saliva with obvious fear at the approach of the dangerous insects, but managed to give a slight nod to the expectant woman anyway.

"Well, go hide. Now," Goki ordered in the same serious tone of voice. "I'll take care of the ants," she assured this time with a smile on her lips as she knuckled the knuckles of both hands.

The blue-eyed boy at first had his doubts about whether the woman would have a chance to face hand to hand against certain insects because she did not have any firearm ... But when he looked into her eyes, he knew immediately that she was serious, so he decided not to contradict her and do what she ordered him to do.

"Um... Y-Yes!" said Bryan almost in a stutter, to be followed by him jumping up from his spot and starting to run towards the only Pulowski conservation shelter in the area; which was next to an abandoned diner called 'Dot's Diner'.

Once the brown-haired boy entered the small shelter and was safe from the giant fire ants, the lower-class Saiyajin woman prepared for the next confrontation.

"How dangerous will these be?"

The woman with eyes as dark as coal did not get to finish her words because one (fire soldier ant) of the six ants that were in front of her exhaled a stream of fire from its tongs, but as if they were synchronized the others followed suit an instant later, enveloping the intruder with large amounts of fire as a kind of current

..

.

Luckily, she reacted fast enough to cover herself in time by forming an 'x' with her arms in front of her surprised face; and at the same time, she jumped backwards landing on an old abandoned car that complained at the force the Saiyan woman applied with her feet.

"HEY! I wasn't ready!" exclaimed Goki very annoyed; once she uncrossed her arms exposing part of her face and some of her hair a little singed ... But that was not all because her Gi was about to rip (Again) on her abdomen and chest leaving even more exposed skin; although this of course made her angry and a lot.

No doubt this would be a black day for the giant fire ants because angering a Saiyan woman was the worst mistake they could make in their lives.


End of Chapter Three


The chapter has 1400 words.


Uploaded: 10/07/22

Updated (Corrected): 16/11/22

1