Chapter 1: The end?
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In this world so many people do similar things, the same job, the same hobbies and interests, the same interests. But at the same time, once I start to talk to them, everyone seems so different. I look at them, I listen to their discussions, I love them, I admire them. Then why can't I find to find my real self, the person I am, I can't understand myself, my emotions and thoughts.

Who am I?

Oh god, I wish things were simple.

...____________________...

[Georgia, Woodhaven]

Elliot always lived there, his parents never wanted to go somewhere else, a nice house just next to Charleston on the coast.

Honestly Elliot liked it too, he loved trees especially at night when the obscurity was spreading and becoming deeper. At that time the lights of the town would turn on and give a peaceful atmosphere, he could then walk for hours or just sit somewhere, breathing and feeling his surroundings.

Fresh air entering his lungs, the grass gently touching his hands, a small house with yellow windows from the light, pretty curtains with flower patterns, an old couple, a TV on with some unknown show, the food is ready, they sit a the table, the moon emits a dim light through the thin clouds.

If only those moments could never end, without anything to worry about, just a simple moment alone as if nothing else existed.

But that isn't possible and that's not something he really had the time to do these days. Elliot is a university student in literature and he has exams in 3 weeks, it's not the time to slack off. Even if he loves to study, exams really are the worst it makes you feel as if you are in a wheel, you finish one to report your attention to the next one that is coming. It doesn't feel good as you only study for exams and never for yourself or for the pleasure of acquiring new knowledge.

Anyways, these days he went a lot to the library to study, to the point that he would often come back with a headache. Others didn't have this problem, he was just weaker than them when enduring long learning sessions.

Today he decided to take a break and go see his childhood friend, their relationship evolved with the time. Back in the days they used to play everyday and look for hidden places where they could make their base but now they just walk and talk together about various things.

First Elliot called him to make sure that he is free.

«Hey Lucas! What are you doing this evening?»

«Hey, well to be honest I didn't really have anything planned so I guess I would have read mangas all night again. Do you want to suggest something?»

«How about you come home to eat with us and then we could watch a movie together. Maybe other things if we are not too tired afterwards.»

«Yes sure Elliot, it's been some time since we saw each other you are so busy these days. What time do you want me to be there?»

«Hmm let's say in two hours, 8 o'clock? Okay?»

«Ok perfect see you later then I have something to finish right now.»

«Yeah bye, see you later»

What was it that he needed to finish? Lucas usually didn't have much to do, he is so lazy. Anyways Elliot had two hours to wait, he just went to annoy his sister as he always did, it's not that he loved to do so but it seemed like something completely natural to do. It was probably a sign that they got along pretty well with each other.

They played some games with each other until Lucas came ringing the doorbell.

The night went well, the movie was about a man in Tibet in a period of war. Then they went on a walk to the sea talking about this and that. Elliot discovered that what Lucas was finishing earlier was his music to go with the rap lyrics, he was making his own instrumentals.

They listened at it while looking at the waters, it was really cool for a first time. Elliot didn't know his friend had this talent.

Elliot's phone suddenly rang stopping the conversation, it was his mom.

«What is it mom, can't you let us have fun peacefully?»

«Elliot a disaster is happening! come back home right now!!»

She hang up immediately.

«Lucas! I don't know what's happening but it seems like it's really serious! Let's run back home!»

Elliot was in panic, did an accident occur while he wasn't there? He was imagining the worst scenarios. He ran fast without even waiting for Lucas who was surprised and didn't really understand the situation. He arrived at home, opened the door brutally and ran into the house.

«Mom!!»

«I'm here!»

The voice came from the living room, he rushed there to find her mom and sister in perfect condition watching the TV.

«Mom... hah hah... really... hah... you scared me, I thought something big happened...»

He had difficulty breathing because he ran so fast beyond the limits of his body. He lied down on the floor closing his eyes.

«They say at the TV that a big asteroid is coming really fast in the direction of earth and should crash in three hours in Europe. They are trying to deploy all the efforts possible to evacuate the population to secure areas some by plain, others by boats or in bunkers.»

«Wait what? A big asteroid? What do you mean by a big asteroid, something that will wipe out a city or the whole world?»

«From what the scientifics said they don't know the exact scale of the damages but like, it's clear that most living beings in Europe, west of Asia and North of Africa will go extinct. I guess we are lucky to be born in America. Like, it seems like we won't suffer too much from this.»

Lucas showed up at that time, Elliot's mom explained all the situation. It seemed obvious that this 4miles long asteroid would also have effects on our lives, directly or indirectly with food shortage and all.

Elliot's Mom went fast to a late night food market by car, as it was late at night and a lot of people were sleeping there wasn't many people for now even if it was already a lot more than usual. She took a lot of food, enough to last us for at least a year. Lucas went back to his home to inform his family.

No one would be able to sleep while knowing everything, it's common sense. But Elliot soon fell asleep after playing some video games with his sister to release some stress. The studies, the race from earlier, the stress, the late hour, he just could resist to the accumulation of all these things and lied there on the sofa until his mom waked him around 9am.

«Elliot!! Wake up and come upstairs!»

There was water on the floor, at least six inches high, it was completely flooded.

«What happened mom?!»

«The asteroid crashed on earth while you were sleeping, like we felt the vibration even here, I don't know how you didn't wake up you must have been really exhausted. The vibration caused tsunamis in all of north America East coasts, we were lucky here like it wasn't that big but it still flooded all the land and the water infiltrated the house.»

«Wait, wait, did you turn off the electricity?»

«No we went upstairs as soon as the water started to enter, maybe you can go to the circuit breaker before coming up.»

«Ok I'll take care of that»

Elliot had to walk in the water so he was completely wet. The clothes were a hindrance it would have been better if he just undressed. He was grumpy, who wouldn't be when that is the first thing you have to do after waking up in the morning. He got in front of the circuit breaker and started to deactivate them one by one.

Living room and kitchen [off]

A/C and first room's light [off]

He then saw that there was a general one and that it was useless to do it one by one, he started to pull on it when suddenly an electric power ran through him inflicting him a lot of pain. He had no time to think about it, he was paralyzed, unable to move at all. His body was shaking and his body temperature raising. His mind was filled of an endless scream and pain.

Finally he fell in the water, unconscious.

...____________________...

Elliot woke up in a pitch dark room to the point where he couldn't see his own body.

«What happened..?»

 

 

End of the 1st chapter of Jutengai - New horizon

.

.

__________________________________________________

.

.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter until the end, english isn't my first language so I hope that I didn't make too many mistakes and that it is readable.

This story is inspired from the universe of a fantasy RP discord server I am part of named "Jutengai" so I hope to see you in the next chapters (probably weekly release or less than a week for the first chapters) and if you like it don't hesitate to join us on the discord.

0