Chapter 4
105 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I do not own the 'Dragon Ball Z' anime/manga or 'Fallout New Vegas' along with the other games in the saga, and the only thing I own is this alternate/parallel story that I wrote for fun.

The Misadventures of Broly

Chapter 4: Goodbye Past

"Talking"

"Thinking"

"KameHameHa!" Attacks / Skills / Ki / Technique

Reading / News / Intercoms


One Hour Later

When Broly finished filling out the form and handed it in his hands to the old man who helped him not to die.

Meanwhile, Dr. Mitchell let out a sigh quite tired and relieved at the same time because his patient asked him questions, many questions about everything that was on the paper ... For a moment he wondered if it had been a good idea to give him the form, but like the good person he was he was patient enough to answer each question.

"Great! ... We're done here. Come over here; I have to give you your things," the doctor said with a small smile; while at the same time he got up from the armchair he was sitting in.

With a nod, the man with tousled black spiky hair got up from the armchair; and began to follow the old man until they reached the entrance/exit of the house, where on the lower side of the door were several things piled up; which he deduced were his things because the sun's rays reflected off the metal objects inside a large duffel bag.

"Here. Here you go," Dr. Mitchell offered him with difficulty (as it was very heavy) a large gray canvas bag; which his young patient took without trouble with his hands. "That was the only thing you had on you when you were brought here," he said with a slightly surprised tone; seeing how the young man with striking black eyes lifted the bag as if it were nothing.

The Legendary Saiyan began to look through the bag the old man gave him; and indeed, inside were all his things, but he also formed an annoyed grimace when he saw his former attire.

"And this." Dr. Mitchell pulled out another duffel bag lighter than the previous one, and handed it to his young patient; who began to check it almost as soon as he set the other one down on the wooden floor. "It's a new change of clothes. It was custom-made by Trudy and Smiles," he added with amusement; as he recalled that embarrassing moment those women had to go through when they had to measure Broly half-naked body.

The man with tousled black spiky hair looked up from the duffel bag of new clothes, as those two names caught his attention because of how strange and funny they sounded in his head.

"Trudy? Smiles? ... Who are they?" asked Broly with a curious tone, while at the same time he gave a quick glance at a somewhat weather-beaten window because he felt the gaze of something or someone ... But he shrugged; maybe it was just his imagination.

The old man's amused expression changed to one of understanding because he had forgotten to tell her about them.

"Well, Trudy is so to speak the mayor of our little town; and Smiles is the sheriff or town warden," Dr. Mitchell explained with a thoughtful expression. "You should also thank them," he added with folded arms, for if the boy did not do so it is possible that both women would be angry with both of them.

The man with eyes as dark as coal tilted his head at the thought of these two people ... But in the end, he nodded, as it was the least, he could do for these kind humans.

"You can change clothes in that room," Dr. Mitchell pointed to a particular room.

The man with tousled black spiky hair nodded his head; and then began to head towards that place in silence, while in both hands he carried both duffel bags to change his clothes and wear his new ones for the first time.


Ten Minutes Later

Broly came out of the room dressed in the new clothes that those two humans had made for him. This consisted of: a white T-shirt with brown military-style cargo pants, and a pair of black boots of the same style.

"Those new clothes look good on you, Broly," opined Dr. Mitchell with his arms crossed, while at the same time leaning against a wall near his patient.

The man with tousled black spiky hair looked up from his new clothes, and instead focused his gaze on the old man; who to his confusion gave him a strange nod ... Of a thumbs up. Although he agreed with his words because his new clothes were comfortable, but certainly strange due to the fact that he always had his torso bare because in his opinion it is more comfortable and he also liked the wind to make contact against his skin.

"Th-Thank you ... for ... healing me, old man," Broly said with some embarrassment; due to the fact that he had never said 'thank you' to someone ... Not even to the person who took off his headband, but this was because the situation hadn't allowed him to.

The old man chuckled at his young patient's difficulty in saying the simple word 'thank you', but decided to say something anyway.

"I told you it's my job; it was nothing," Dr. Mitchell said with a small smile.

The charcoal dark-eyed man nodded his head in understanding, but suddenly something 'clicked' in his head because he quickly began to reach into the heavy duffel bag.

"Have this," Broly held out his old gold earrings with his left hand to the doctor who had a confused expression.

The old man's eyes grew comically wide as he saw what his patient was offering him.

"B-But this is-"

The Legendary Saiyan stopped him in his tracks when he raised his right hand to stop the elder's words, which he succeeded in doing because the latter remained silent.

"Consider it my way of ... thank you for healing me and saving my life," Broly explained with some discomfort because he had not yet become accustomed to saying these things ... Let alone talk so much.

The old man opened his mouth to tell him otherwise, but seeing the determined look of his young patient he let out a sigh.

"I see ... All right. I'll take it," Dr. Mitchell said with a small smile; while at the same time extending his open right hand to receive the boy's gift.

The man with tousled black spiky hair upon seeing the old man's outstretched hand dropped his antique gold earrings into the latter's open palm, who began to stare in awe at said objects once they were in his possession.

"Well ... now I'll go and see what's out there," Broly said with his gaze on the exit with a hint of excitement in his voice due to the fact that he wanted to go outside to see where he was, since he couldn't on the same planet of the Warriors, he faced in New Vegeta ... Right?

The old man stopped looking at the golden rings when he heard the words of his young patient.

"Okay, but be careful with the stitches on your abdomen ... If you move suddenly, you may open that wound," Dr. Mitchell advised with a serious tone; while at the same time he put the gold earrings in his shirt pocket.

The man with dark eyes like coal nodded his head, but it was a half-hearted promise because like every Saiyan he wanted to do the opposite like fighting the first hostile person who crossed his path.

"Once you meet Trudy and Smiles; give them a greeting from me," Dr. Mitchell said with amusement; noticing his young patient's curiosity as he said those names again.

Again, the man with tousled black spiky hair nodded his head, while at the same time extending his left hand toward the doorknob; and at the same time bid the old doctor a final farewell.

When he turned the doorknob and opened the door, the Legendary Saiyan had to cover his coal-dark eyes with his right forearm so as not to be blinded by so much light from the sun's annoying rays ... Once his eyesight normalized, he could see several buildings relatively close by, among them were: a semi-destroyed school, an abandoned gas station, a bar in good condition, and some other houses.

"I hate the heat..." muttered Broly with a grimace as he watched a tumbleweed rush past in front of him; and at the same time, he began to growl as the sun's rays began to warm his body. "... Damn foul Sun," he said through gritted teeth trying to contain his anger; but before he tried to form an Eraser Cannon in his left hand his ears picked up a female voice.

Not far from his position, the man with tousled black spiky hair saw a female silhouette on her back sitting on a rock with a blank stare.

"... Who am I? ..." she asked to herself, but at the same time took her gaze off the horizon when she instinctively felt someone's gaze on her back.

The coal-dark eyes of the Legendary Saiyan met the green eyes of the unknown woman; they both watched each other in complete silence with different expressions.

Broly looked at her with a slight hint of curiosity, but it quickly went away when he looked away because his eyes caught movement among some bushes.

The green-eyed woman instead erased her confused and depressed expression for a surprised and interested one, as she remembered having seen the huge man with exotic black hair and striking black eyes on one of the stretchers of a certain doctor.


End of Chapter Four


The chapter has 1700 words.


Uploaded: 14/07/22

Updated (Corrected): ?/?/?

4